Professor Kang is Getting Married but She Hasn't Proposed Yet

Professor Kang is Getting Married and I Want to Know with Whom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


~Professor Kang is Getting Married but She Hasn’t Proposed Yet~
(Well, that’s what she said)
 

“I SEE…” 

Yujin kept nodding her head after Minjoo finished the explanation. Professor Bae was just listening to them, acting all nonchalant but she was actually observing all the reactions Yujin was making. 

“So you were actually listening to our conversation, huh?” Yujin took a peek of Joohyun which immediately alerted the professor. 

“What are you looking at, you kid?” Joohyun asked with a raised eyebrow. 

A smirk curved up of Yujin’s lips which made the professor frown. “You know, Prof. Bae? Sometimes I feel like you’re some sort of a gangster daughter.”

“What did you say!?” Joohyun stood up from her seat. 

Instead of getting frightened, Yujin just haughtily shrugged her shoulders, making Minjoo’s jaw drop. “I can still remember how Prof. Kang described your highschool version. She said you were a very gentle girl and soft-spoken. She even described that you are afraid of the animals and can’t even pet a dog but as I can see now, you might be able to wrestle with a bear.”

“Y-Yujin…” Minjoo called as she could already notice the professor fuming but the other girl just kept on going. 

“I really can’t imagine you being the Irene that Prof. Kang was describing. A girl that used to bring her peace whenever she’s around? Someone who calms her heart but also the one who makes her heart crazy because of her kindness and sweetness?” There was another scoff from Yujin. “I don’t know. Was Irene’s old character just one of the fictions she mixed in the story—WOAH!”

A hard-covered book suddenly flew straight towards Yujin’s face. Thanks to her fast reflexes, she managed to catch it before it knocked her down. But, despite the threat of being sent to the infirmary and how scary Professor Bae looked that time, Yujin just laughed things off.

“See? How can you be the sweet and lovely Irene that Professor Kang described in the book?”

That question suddenly took Joohyun aback as right after Yujin dropped what seemed to be harmless teasing, Seulgi’s voice echoed inside her head. 

 

“The person that I am going to marry is the sweetest girl I ever knew.”

 

Professor Bae dropped herself back to her seat, making the two students confused and somehow worried because of the shock written all over the mentor’s face. 

‘That’s right… This annoying kid is somehow right… What should I do then? I was so embarrassed to know that Seulgi thought of me like that to the point that I couldn’t treat her the same way! And who in their right mind will stay sane while being Seulgi and watching all of her escapades on the sidewalks!?’

“Keukeukeu, Professor Bae is spacing out just like you do, Minjoo.” 

Minjoo just frowned at Yujin. "Do you want me to hit you too?"

"Oh come on, Minjoo~" Yujin arched her arm around Minjoo's shoulder. "You can't even kill a fly and you're going to hit me? You better be kidding me!"

"Get away..." Minjoo weakly said before pushing the giggling Yujin away. Joohyun witnessed how Minjoo reacted despite being up in space. Somehow, she even felt annoyed. 

"What on earth is that?" The Professor crossed her arms, eyes locked at the two. 

"What are you talking about, Professor?" Yujin asked while Minjoo immediately looked away. Joohyun stared at them for a moment before sighing. 

'Don't tell me I look pitiful like that when I am with Seulgi?' Professor Bae felt a different sense of connection with her mentee. 'I didn't know they were in a situation like this? What a coincidence...'

"Anyway, Prof. Bae..." Yujin took out her tablet from her backpack. "You said Prof. Kang will not reveal the person she's going to marry unless I figure it out first, right?"

"That's true." The professor looked really pissed at her best friend. "That weird girl really has a lot of gimmicks in her silly mind."

"But that's what you love about her, right?" 

Yujin's straightforward talking made the other two jerk. She just smiled at them before proceeding to open her investigation files. 

The student was actually waiting for a reaction but Prof. Bae and Minjoo remained stupefied with what Yujin just said. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Yujin asked with a mischievous smile on her face. "It's no secret to me anyway. I mean, if everything in the book really happened but you're still here by her side then I guess it's more than just friendship that kept you two together."

"Shut up." Joohyun retorted. "What do you even know?"

Yujin placed her tablet on the table before looking back at Joohyun. "I just know that you're Irene, the beginning of it all."

Once again, Joohyun was taken aback by how Yujin was talking to her. Minjoo was just looking back and forth between the two hoping that no crime would happen in front of her. 

"Prof, you said you'll be helping me solve this case, right? Please come here and see what I've been investigating for now."

Joohyun just silently stood up from her desk and joined the two at the couch. Minjoo was relieved that the Professor didn't bring any pen to their little meeting.

Yujin proceeded on showing the candidates that Professor Kang confirmed herself. 

“I made a total SNS post tally and these are the four people that appeared the most in Prof. Kang’s SNS. Kim Yerim-ssi, Park Sooyoung-ssi, Son Seungwan-ssi and you, Prof. Bae.”

In Yujin’s files, Joohyun’s name has (LFI-Irene) written after it. The professor just sighed.

“Remove my picture already.”

The two students turned to the gloomy professor. “I am not the one she’s going to marry. We’ve never been in a romantic relationship a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter