SP-1: Scene Unlocked

Professor Kang is Getting Married and I Want to Know with Whom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 



[Joohyun and Seungwan’s restroom conversation] UNLOCKED 🔓



 

"I'M going out to smoke." That was Professor Kang's very words before she went out to do the exact same thing as she said. She was even joking at the students about who wants to smoke with her despite knowing that all the other girls don't smoke.

That left the table a little bit awkward for the two families.

"Director Son," the already tipsy Jimin called, which brought not just Seungwan's attention but everyone's attention to her. "Do you know that our Professor Kang is already getting married? Do you have any idea of who she is going to marry? We're actually really curious about what kind of person the professor is going to marry."

"H-Huh?" Yujin was already almost wasted as well but she was brought back from the river between death and life after that question from Jimin. She also turned towards Seungwan's direction. "W-We're really curious about it, Seungwan-ssi. Do you have any idea at all?"

"A-Ah?" Seungwan had to look awkwardly at everyone. "I don't know anything either..."

"Don't know anything~!?" Jimin asked in a teasing tone that gave Minjeong secondhand embarrassment. "Professor Kang posted about you in her SNS quite a lot of times if my memory serves right. She even reached out to you for this project. Don't tell me you are just using this project as an excuse to be together?"

"Jimin-ah..." Minjeong could only look at Seungwan with those apologising eyes. "Stop it..."

"Why, Minjeong-ah?" Jimin, whose eyes were already half-closed, turned to the young actress with a pout. "What if my hunch is true? There's a possibility, you know?"

"But still it's not good to just ask questions like that..." Minjeong sighed.

An awkward laughter from Seungwan caught their attention. "Don't worry, I am also very curious about it. I'll make sure to find the answer as soon as possible."

Joohyun laughed in the back of her mind knowing that Seulgi won't reveal anything to her anytime soon because her favourite student is still not done with the investigation. The professor then stood up before coldly saying, "I'll just go to the restroom."

She hadn't even taken five steps away from the table when she felt hands on her shoulders. She was not even surprised. She already knew who it was without even looking back.

"I'll go to the restroom too." Seungwan chirpily said.

The two let each other finish their restroom business before finally facing each other through the restroom mirror. It was Seungwan who started the conversation.

"I didn't know that Seulgi smokes." Seungwan commented as she finished washing her hands.

Joohyun's eyebrows twitched. It was after their breakup that Seulgi started smoking but she chose not to say it directly. "Yeah, She started in her last year in college."

"Oh..." Seungwan was halted for a moment. "You still kept in contact with her even after graduation, huh? I thought she'll get rid of you after we broke up."

The professor's eyes widened as she felt a switch flipped up inside her. 'Oh, so you're going straight to the point, huh? This is what you want, huh?’

"Well, yeah." Joohyun answered with a little smirk on her face. "It was actually me that she ran to after you broke up with her."

"What?" Seungwan looked directly at Joohyun and the other girl just shrugged her shoulders making Seungwan's frown deepen. "She ran to you?"

"Of course you wouldn't know." Joohyun also looked at Seungwan directly before looking back at the mirror to re-apply her lipstick. "You broke up with her like you just threw away a ragged doll. You didn't even look back."

"What do you even know?" Seungwan's fists clenched. "I only did that to protect Seulgi! It's just the same with the both of us anyway! She didn't contact me again—"

"Do you really think she would have the heart to reach out to you? After everything that your parents told her?"

Joohyun glared at the stunned Seungwan. The latter could only look away in embarrassment. The professor rolled her eyes and just proceeded to fix her makeup. At the very least, she has to look more beautiful than Seungwan to Seulgi's eyes.

The musical actress opened her pouch and started fixing her makeup as well. "Are you... the one that Seulgi's going to marry?"

"Pfft!" Joohyun had to contain her bitter laughter. "Sorry but we aren't in that kind of relationship."

"Right?" Relief was seen in the face of Seungwan. "She won't settle with you even after you stayed with her all these years. After what you did to her back in high school?"

Joohyun almost crushed her cushion after another straight to the point statement from Seungwan. If there's a score board somewhere above their heads then it would be a tie now.

The professor had to admit, it seemed like Seungwan became even more loose with her words after all the years that passed by. The alcohol in her system surely helps a lot as well. When was the last time that they talked anyway? Right, it was years ago when Joohyun tried to find out the truth about her sudden breakup with Seulgi since the other girl wasn't opening up to her.

She just heard weak knocks on her door one rainy day and found Seulgi drenched in rain when she opened that door.

Of course, being the witness of their three-year relationship, Joohyun was dead worried about the sudden breakup especially with how it broke Seulgi’s heart and soul. She witnessed how the two loved each other and she’s aware of the promises the two had made but then all of a sudden she’d found Seulgi in tears just like that?

But Seungwan didn’t respond to Joohyun. Even though Joohyun made the effort to meet up with her in o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter