Prologue: Big News

Professor Kang is Getting Married and I Want to Know with Whom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

IT'S the final day for the midterms exams but the students' attention was not on how well they did. Everyone was busy buzzing like bees because of the news that spread pretty quickly. One SNS post managed to take the whole school in a storm. It was the marriage announcement of one of the most popular professors in the university—Professor Kang Seulgi.

After hearing about the news, literature major, Ahn Yujin, couldn't even focus on her last subject's exam at all. After the test finished, she quickly ran towards the office of the said professor. She was sweating when she arrived in the office but the professor wasn't there. When she turned around, she saw the talk of the town walking towards her office while carrying the test papers.

Wearing an oversized black and white hoodie paired with baggy jeans, one would think that Professor Kang is just part of the student body. With her youthful appearance, it is a common mistake for new students to approach her as another student. The list of victims just grows longer each year and the old victims have fun watching the new ones.

Professor Kang, not just because of her looks, is also very loved by the students because of how easy it is to approach her. She's very friendly and would often join student gatherings even just for a bit. She loves being with people and her favourite topic is about their dreams and aspirations. With this, her class would always be lively despite discussing what a lot conceived to be boring—literature.

This professor is actually a well-known writer known for her romance novels. Her popular works were even adapted into webtoons and dramas. She is not just loved by the students but also of those who are romance story fanatics.

But despite being a master of romance stories, no one even knows about the professor’s personal love life at all. She never posted about her being in a relationship in any of her SNS and now she would surprise everyone with a picture of her casually drinking iced coffee while showing her hand and the glittering ring on her ring finger. She even captioned it with something cheesy, “Looking forward to a lifetime with you.” 

 

One question has been raised to the roof with that one post.

 

Who is Professor Kang getting married to?

 

And finding out about it is what Ahn Yujin came for.

 

"Professor, who are you getting married to!?"

Surprised but not taken aback, Professor Kang just continued walking. "Good day to you too, Ahn Yujin-ssi. Straight to the point as always, aren't we?"

The professor opened her door and left it open. Yujin knew that she was welcome inside so she followed her. "Everyone is talking about it, Prof! Who are you going to marry?"

Seulgi took her time to place the test papers on her desk before boiling water. "Coffee or tea? Though I know you came for some other type of tea."

"Professor--"

"You're always getting to the point right away, Yujin-ssi." Prof. Kang flashed a smile to her student. "That's why your readers easily get bored with what you write."

“This isn’t the time for lecture, Professor! I am trying my hardest to improve my story-telling but there's no time for that… at least for now!” Yujin marched towards the professor’s desk. “Who is it? Who is the person that you’re going to marry?”

Prof. Kang just looked at her student for a moment before letting out a scoff. She then poured herself some hot water before pouring her powdered coffee. “I didn’t know you’re this interested in me, Yujin-ssi.”

Yujin’s eyes widened in disbelief. “Are we at this again, Professor! How many times did I tell you that you’re the reason why I applied to this school? I am your number one fan!”

The teacher just chuckled. “Sorry, I heard that line from a lot of students so yeah…”

Yujin let out a deep sigh. She shook her head as a reminder not to be lost to this conversation that her professor is purposely avoiding. She took another deep breath. 

“I-I-It’s a woman, right?”

The professor’s eyebrows shot upwards. “At this point in my life, it would be weird if people close to me still think that I am interested romantically to the opposite gender.” She gave her student a gentle smile. “I believe everyone’s well-aware of it.”

Yujin’s throat suddenly dried up. “I see. I mean, your extreme popularity among women would be a waste if you would end up with some random dude.”

“You think so?” Professor Kang finally added a small sugar cube to her coffee before stirring it. “It wasn’t easy for me at first but look at me now. I am getting married to the most attractive and most charming girl I ever knew. All the pain was worth it.”

The professor noticed how her student jerked at her statement. She just smiled and made another cup of coffee with two sugar cubes this time. She then pushed it towards Yujin’s direction. “Take a seat while we talk. This might take some time.”

The student took the opportunity and did what her professor said. She took a sip of her coffee but almost choked to her death when a question was raised out of nowhere. 

“Where’s Jimin-ssi anyway? Have you already confessed to—hey, are you okay!?” (A/N: Yep, you read it right. :D)

The professor pulled some tissue sheets and handed it to her dying student. “W-What confession are you even talking about, Professor!?”

The older lady snickered. “Come on. You don’t have to be shy about it. You know that I swing that way and for years, I have developed the ability to identify people of the same preference.”

“For real!?” Yujin’s eyes widened once more. “Then can you tell me if Jimin also likes—”

Yujin quickly covered . The professor just looked at her with those wiggling eyebrows and mischievous smile curved on her lips. The younger girl couldn’t believe that she actually gave herself easily just like that. (Actually, she already gave herself in many times before in front of the professor.)

“I won’t tell you.” The writer took a sip of her coffee and she looked very pleased. “Finding it out yourself would be the best thing for you. It’s important to feel nervous when you’re pursuing love.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter