BLOODLINE

Bloodline

 

 

CHAPTER 8

BLOODLINE

 

Taemin had been fighting with himself the entire day. Waiting for seven to arrive. He was debating whether he should or shouldn't go to meet Minho.

He knew he wanted to see him. But Minho sprung the date on him and he didn't know how to react.

Taemin paced in the kitchen when his phone vibrated in his pants. Taemin dug it out and flipped it open. It was a text message from the mysterious person who bought it for him.

What are you still doing home? The text read. He's waiting for you.

How do you know? Taemin thought for a second. Why did this person know so much about him? Last week his mysterious person sent a text message to congratulate him on his new found freedom and yesterday he knew when him and Onew finally called a truce and became friends.

He wanted to know who it was.

Don't blow this chance. He's only for you. Another text came through.

Taemin shut the phone and jammed it back into his pocket. He only thought for another minute before he was grabbing his sweater and heading out the door.

 

#

 

Taemin didn't know why he had listened to the voice that told him to stop, to not go, but he did. He stood still watching from a distance.

Minho looked so handsome. He always looked handsome, but today he looked even better. There were so many girls that approached him, but he turned each and every one of them down.

Why did he like me? Taemin asked himself. I'm not as good as they are.

Taemin continued to watch as seconds became minutes and minutes became hours. Minho waited for two hours before leaving. Taemin never thought that someone would wait so long for him. Was he really that special? He didn't think so.

He was average smart and he'd had to admit that he had good looks, but there were a lot more people out there who could surpass him. So why did Minho choose him?

#

 

The walk home took Taemin twice as longer than usual. He was sulking, fighting with himself for listening to the voice.

How could he question Minho when it was obvious how serious he was?

"Idiot." Taemin said tapping his fist against his head.

He dug into his pockets and pulled out his keys, not realizing how much he was shaking until they fell out of his hands. He bent to pick them up and spotted a pair of familiar white tennis shoes.

He straightened himself up quickly and tried to walk past Minho, as if he was a statue decorating the entrance to Taemin's house.

"You didn't show up for our date." Taemin stopped at Minho's words. As always Minho's deep, lust filled voice sent sweet chills down his spine.

"Why me?" Taemin asked frozen with his keys in the door lock. "Why do you like me?"

Taemin stood stiff until a hand rested on his shoulder and turned him around. Minho brought his other hand on Taemin's other shoulder, making sure he was staring at him.

"Because when I close my eyes all I see is you. When I see you sad, all I want to do is see this face smile." Minho said caressing Taemin's soft face. "And every time I'm near you, I feel more alive than I ever have."

A single tear streamed down Taemin's face as he heard the words Minho spoke sincerely. He smiled in between tears as Minho wiped them off with the back of his hand.

"Do you want to come in? It's not too late. We could still have our date. I make some good curry with Ramen." Taemin tried to convince him, but it wasn't necessary.

"Okay." Minho agreed without a second thought.

Holding hands, Taemin led Minho inside.

#

 

It felt like Minho had walked into a cave. Damp and dark. He never thought a person would live in such a place. It was like no life ever filled the empty halls of Taemin's place.

"Sorry." Taemin said flipping the light switch. "I'm usually the only one home and I've gotten used to walking around in the dark."

"That's okay. My eyes usually adjust pretty quick to the dark." Minho admitted removing his shoes before stepping into the main house.

He couldn't help but inspect the place. To see the place where the one he loved lived. There were pictures hanging along the wall of the hall that led off into a separate room.

The pictures were all of Taemin, of when he was young until now, but in each picture his face had an X scratched into each and every one. There wasn't one single picture that was left untouched. Almost as if someone wanted to get rid of him.

"Why are they all like this?" Minho asked in a moment of curiosity.

Taemin tried not to look at them. Minho could see his resistance. It was as if each picture held a painful memory for Taemin.

"My mom did it." Taemin swallowed his saliva as he tried to spit out his other words. "She's never really been very happy with me."

Minho stopped pressing for more, seeing how sad it made Taemin and followed him into the kitchen. The kitchen was small with a round table in the center and a short fridge by the sink. there was a bookshelf that separated the kitchen and living room, leaving a passage for people to travel between both areas.

On top of the bookshelf, as Minho gave it a once look over, he spotted a picture. One that called to him instantly. Minho picked it up and stared at it intently, making sure his eyes were not playing tricks on him.

"Is this your mother?" Minho asked not taking his eye off the picture.

Taemin looked at him, noticing the picture of his mother sitting in her bedroom of her old college apartment.

Taemin answered with a HMMM.

Minho couldn't believe it. Was that why his blood had the same scent and called out to him? Because he came directly out of the girl he first sank his fangs into. The girl whose blood was as sweet as chocolate cake.

After helping Taemin cook, Minho sat at the table watching Taemin eat and smile at him occasionally.

It's true that he was drawn to Taemin because of the scent of his blood, but along the way he truly fell in love with the human. Finding that as long as they were together, he could be as happy as he knew he could ever be.

Minho had let time run off and knew that if he didn't get going soon his parents would begin to worry, and he really didn't want his sister to spill the beans about his interests. That would only make things more difficult. That last thing he wanted was for Taemin to be surrounded by his Nightling parents.

"I had a really good time." Minho said walking out into the street and grabbing onto Taemin's hand, linking his fingers with the boy.

Taemin smiled at the feeling. "So did I. I'd really like it if we could do it again."

Minho brought his hand up to Taemin's face. He caressed it softly before leaning in and kissing him. This time their kiss was a lot longer then their first. Minho slowly opened Taemin's lips with his tongue, seeking for the boys.

After a minute Minho broke from the kiss.

"You can take that as yes." Minho said, planting another soft peck on Taemin's soft pink lips before walking off.

#

 

Unbeknownst to them, watching from a distance, trying to keep hidden was someone who was interested in the interactions of the two. It brought them happiness to see it.

#

 

Taemin kept his fingers on his lips while he closed the door behind him. He was trying to keep the feeling of Minho's soft lips on them for as long as he could. He never thought that he would actually find someone that would make him feel happy, loved. And now that Minho was here Taemin didn't want to let him go.

The door swung open and Taemin could hear a pair of shuffling feet behind him. He had heard those heavy footsteps plenty of times.

"All this time I thought it was because you didn't like guys that you wouldn't let me touch you," his stepfather Hangyong said, stepping even closer to Taemin who had turned around at the sound of the words. "but come to find out that you do like guys. It's just me that you don't like."

Taemin stumbled back a bit as Hangyong got closer with each step.

"I'm going to make you like me!" The man yelled before lunging at Taemin.

Hangyong grabbed Taemin by the waist and slammed him against the floor. He ped Taemin's pants. Doing it with such pleasure that disgusted Taemin. He pulled down Taemin's boxers, exposing his rear before ping his own and removing his length.

Taemin was squirming, trying to break free of the mans grip, but the more he struggled the harder the man held him down.

Help! Taemin begged helplessly.

 

#

 

Minho was walking home in complete bliss. The smile on his face refused to disappear. And to think the human that he thought as useless was the one who brought it on him. How that boy made Minho so happy. It was complete joy in a world where he was destined to live in darkness.

As Minho walked he felt a pain through his heart that stopped him dead in his tracks. It was a pain so strong that it felt like a knife had been plunged through his heart.

As he tried to hold his composure the wind picked up speed. It brushed against his hair softly.

Help!

The wind cried out to him. It wasn't even a second until he realized whose voice it was.

"Taemin!"

Minho didn't even waist a second before he was running toward Taemin's house in full Nightling speed. He had made that bond with Taemin. When he kissed him sincerely the day of the school festival, they bonded. It was stronger than a blood bond because it came from their own desire. Their desire to be together and that was a bond that made them like one.

That was why Minho could hear Taemin's plea for help. And whoever was hurting his beloved he was going to make them pay.

It wasn't even a minute before Minho was running into Taemin's house. Minho had no time to be shocked at the scene in front of him.
A man was hunched over Taemin, ready to enter him. Minho wasn't going to allow that. So he grabbed the man by the neck, held him close, retracted his fangs, and sank them into the mans neck.

His eyes he knew were already glowing an amber color as the blood slowly seeped down his throat. It was disgusting, the taste of alcohol and it was sour. Making it apparent that the man did drugs. He bared with it. Anything for Taemin.

He had no time to take to account what he had down until he dropped the man to the floor and Taemin was staring at him wide-eyed.

No!

He had broken two of the laws--Interfering with human conflict and revealing himself to a human.

Once this got back to the council he was in trouble. What would come next was going to be horrible and impossible to get out of. But it was Taemin, he couldn't just let this happen.

But because of his love for the boy he was going to be faced with a fate worse than death. A fate where the only thing you see for all of eternity is darkness.

What was he going to do now?

 

 

 

---------

Sorry it took me so long to updaate, but I finally did. I hope you liked this chapter. Please leave me some coments. I like getting them and keeps me wanting to write more and faster for all of you.

I want to say thank you to Xonlyhalfmad for saying that someone should make my fic into a movie.

We could only pray for that to happen. Especially for Minho and Taemin to be the actual actors. Anyway thank you and look forward to the next chapter it gets even more interesting.