Stage 2: The Attraction

5 Stages of Relationship
Please log in to read the full chapter

One by one, all Taeyeon’s friends started to come. Every time each of them arrived, they couldn’t help to wonder who was the beautiful woman sat next to Taeyeon, wearing same sweater as Taeyeon. And every time they asked the question, Tiffany would take initiative to introduced herself properly and referred herself as Taeyeon’s date. Taeyeon was surprised at first but she was also being thankful for Tiffany’s bubbly personality, it wasn’t hard for the woman to adapt and adjust to Taeyeon’s friends. And silently, every time Tiffany mentioned that she was Taeyeon’s date, she could feel a breeze in her chest. It felt good and she liked it.

 

“So how long have you known each other?” Sooyoung, the tallest woman who usually led the group to choose the menu, didn’t even bother to order anything as she was intrigued by the new person in their circle.

 

“To be honest, just couple of minutes ago.” Tiffany answered with a chuckle.

 

“Yah, Taenggoo! Did you kidnap random woman in this cafe?” Soonkyu gasped in surprise after hearing the fact.

 

Taeyeon laughed at the response. “In fact, she was a random woman in this cafe minutes ago.” She looked at Tiffany and Tiffany understood what she meant. That was a fact, couple of minutes ago, they were just a stranger who sat in different tables.

 

“Unnie, are you that desperate to get a girlfriend?” Seohyun, the maknae had worried look all over her face.

 

“You know, Taeng is always hopeless romantic, maybe she really is desperate to have a girlfriend, Hyunie.” Hyoyeon, answered on behalf of Taeyeon, earning a glare from Taeyeon, making the people in the table laughed.

 

“So, Taeyeon is a hopeless romantic?” Tiffany seemed curious about her date.

 

“You need to be careful, Tiffany.” Yoona who was in charge to choose the menu to replace Sooyoung, joined the conversation. “Taeyeon Unnie is an expert in making women suffer from diabetes.”

 

The table filled with laughters again after hearing Yoona’s remark.

 

“How old are you, Tiffany?” Sunny was the one who asked the question.

 

“Oh my, I hate that question.” Tiffany faked a sigh. “I just turned thirty-four last August.” She answered anyway.

 

“Ah, I should’ve addressed you as Unnie then.” Yoona covered , noticing she didn’t use any honorific to Tiffany before.

 

“Aish, I am still the oldest here, I guess?” Taeyeon pouted after finding out Tiffany’s age.

 

“How old are you?” Tiffany put her attention back to Taeyeon.

 

“Also thirty-four. But my birthday is in March.” Taeyeon still had a pout on her face.

 

“It’s okay, Unnie.” Tiffany emphasized the word unnie and had a teasing smile on her face.

 

The rest of the women laughed at Tiffany’s remark except for Seohyun. “You weren’t joking when you said you just met couple of seconds ago?” Seemed like the youngest was intrigued by that.

 

“We are on a blind date set-up by Yuri.” Taeyeon answered the question.

 

“Really?” Hyoyeon raised her eyebrows, doubting what Taeyeon just said.

 

“Yeah,” Tiffany chirped in. “I arrived here early, and Yuri sent me message telling me that her friend had also arrived. She asked me to join the table.”

 

“And how could you know Yuri?” Sooyoung’s eyebrows knitted into one.

 

“Yuri is dating my best friend.” Tiffany explained briefly. She didn’t want to repeat what she told Taeyeon earlier.

 

Loud gasps filled the table. Of course it came from everyone in the table except for Taeyeon who already knew it a bit earlier.

 

Sooyoung eyed everyone in the group. “Any of you knew that Yuri is dating?”

 

“I just found out from Tiffany before you guys came.” Taeyeon shrugged, explaining her lack of surprise.

 

“That answers why Yuri haven’t been tagging along every time I am with Henry.” Sunny chuckled.

 

“Did Yuri Unnie also asked you two to wear same sweater?” Seohyun raised the question as she eyed Taeyeon and Tiffany, didn’t seem to get distracted by the fact that her other unnie was dating someone.

 

“This is totally a coincident.” Tiffany giggled. “To be honest, when I entered the cafe and saw Taeyeon who wears same sweater, I was thinking that it would be cute if that woman was the one Yuri would introduce to me.”

 

“Aaawww, that’s cute.” Yoona cooed, earning a side glare from her other friends. “What? I really think that is cute.” Yoona defended herself, letting out loud huff.

 

“You know your voice is annoying every time you do that, Unnie.” Seohyun stated candidly, making other women in the table muffled their laugh.

 

“Where is the crazy Yul, anyway?” Hyoyeon stated as she looked at the time in her phone.

 

Tiffany unlocked her phone and made a few tap before answered Hyoyeon. “Jess said she had arrived five minutes ago.” She locked her phone and shrugged. “Maybe they’re making out before coming to us.”

 

Everybody went silent after Tiffany’s remark, and it didn’t go unnoticed by Tiffany. “Gosh, am I being too blunt?” She covered , feeling guilty for speaking to bluntly in this new circle of friends. Hyoyeon was the first who cracked a laugh, followed by the other.

 

“I love your bluntness!” Sooyoung laughed animatedly. “Taeng, you really need to date her.” She smirked at the laughing Taeyeon who sat next to Tiffany.

 

“We’re technically on a date, you know?” Taeyeon replied as she stuck out her tongue childishly.

 

“Hi guys!” A familiar voice joined their conversation. All head turned to the person who just greeted them, a tall tanned woman with a wide grin on her face. Next to her, stood a feminine woman who somehow seemed quiet.

 

“Your lipstick smeared.” Hyoyeon remarked as soon as she noticed Yuri’s presence.

 

Yuri immediately took out her phone from her jeans and opened the front camera while the woman next to her blushed hard upon receiving Hyoyeon’s remark.

 

“Yah! My lipstick is just fine!” Yuri gestured a punch to Hyoyeon, making everyone laughed. “Anyway, this is Sica.” Yuri finally introduced the new woman and the gang greeted Jessica. “My girlfriend,” She announced and received silence from her friends. All of her friends just stared at her with their jaw hung opened. “Come on, guys! Don’t do that!”

Please log in to read the full chapter