2 Mina

We Don't Talk Anymore

Mina was already awake and sat upright on the frame of her bed. As her alarm was about to ring she pressed the button on her clock by the small desk beside the bed. It read 6:00.

She looks at the view outside the window of her room. It was cloudy, the sun peeking out between small and big clouds. It was a great moment to start her day off. 

She left the bed and fixed it before getting a croissant to reheat with the microwave in her kitchen. She took a glass of water and drank before setting it on the table. 

Eyes were glued to her phone as she was scrolling through her social media, while she was waiting for her food. One post caught her attention, along with a name she didn't expect to see. 

It was a post about a dance workshop, 5 blocks away from her house. Momo was the dance instructor who was scheduled for the day. Mina looked at her photo attached to the post. Thinking the girl who used to make her feel special still looked the same as the first time she saw her. The person she wanted to spend her life with. But maybe the universe had intended for them to meet but never meant for each other. 

With a few seconds, she open her contacts and typed Momo. Her fingers became busy as she typed away a message. 

​​​​​​Hello, I've heard you're doing a dance workshop. That's actually great news 

Ding! The sound coming from her microwave that had ended reheating her breakfast for the day. It was like a reminder for her that she and Momo weren't talking anymore. And that was the reality of what life was. Or how life used to be with her. 

She sighed. Deleting the words that she typed. Just what on earth are you even thinking, Mina told herself.

The girl proceeded to take the mittens from the kitchen counter and took her croissant out of the microwave. As she munched on her breakfast, she thought of what to wear for the day since she was going to meet up with her friends. They had planned to go out for a picnic this morning.