6 Mina

We Don't Talk Anymore

The picnic finished at last. Everyone helping to pack up and made sure not to leave any trash behind. 

"Well, that was fun" Chaeyoung said. "I'm full, thank you everyone for your hardwork today for making these delicious meals." Jihyo said as she stretched and gave a bow to everyone. 

"Thank you as well Jihyo unnie" Tzuyu replied. "I loved the lemonade today, thank you so much for making them" Mina told Tzuyu and smiled.

"Well, it's all thanks to Nayeon unnie as well" Tzuyu bowed at Nayeon and Mina did the same thing towards the older girl.

"It's nothing, as long as I get to put a smile on everyone's face and leaving them very refreshed." Nayeon had a smug look on her face, knowing she did great by helping Tzuyu out. She had a smile on her face especially since Mina loved the drink.

Everyone was bidding goodbye and gave hugs to one another. Tzuyu and Nayeon were going in the same route since the two of them lived near to one another's house.

Meanwhile Jihyo, Mina, and Chaeyoung left off together as they all lived in the same street. The three girls walked towards the train station, waiting to get their tickets. "Looks like someone has a crush on Mina" Jihyo said out of nowhere.

"I thought I was the only one who felt it too." Chaeyoung responded and laughed. Mina looking like a confused penguin, not knowing what they were talking about.

"Who has a crush on me?" Mina asked as curiosity hit her. She looked at Jihyo and Chaeyoung waiting for one of them to spill.

"Isn't it obvious? It's Nayeon." Jihyo replied with a smirk on her face. "Eeh? But why would she have a crush on me?" Mina taken a back with what she heard. 

"She's actually nice as well and she's pretty." Chaeyoung said in a teasing manner. Mina felt her cheeks warm. Not believing how someone who just met her would immediately have a crush on her.

What's not to like about Mina? The perfect girl who everyone would dream of to marry. She was that kind of girl.

Suddenly, a train of thought came to her. She remembered the time when Momo confessed to her that she had a crush on her.

It was that time when they agreed to meet up at the park. They sat at the bench facing the water fountain. The trees behind them gave them shade under the bright ray of the sun. She felt two emotions that time.

She was shocked at first, because out of all the people who confessed to her, she couldn't believe someone like Momo would like her. A shy and quiet type of girl who loves to play video games. Then, happiness came to her as she realized that she might just have a chance of being with the person she likes. Because she liked Momo. A girl who loves to eat but also had a scream resembling those of a pterodactyl's.

Jihyo and Chaeyoung noticed that Mina became quiet for a few minutes. They looked at each other as if to signal they already knew what was on Mina's mind.

Mina was now in front of the cashier to pay for their tickets. And they lady behind the cashier asked to how many tickets would they need as Mina handed the money.

Jihyo gave a soft nudge at Mina's side to snap her from her gaze. "Oh, that woukd be three tickets please." Mina quickly saying with a shy smile towards the lady.

She was given three tickets and her change. And the three of them left the cashier and waited for the train to arrive.

"You know Mina, everything is up to you. Just take your time with how things are. Whenever you're ready." Jihyo said to her. Mina gave a smile and responded, "Thank you."

She felt a vibrate from her phone inside her bag. Since the train was still not yet at their stop, she took her phone out and checked at the notif.

There was a message from an unknown number. She opened it to see who it was from.

Hi Mina, it's Nayeon. Sorry for the sudden text, I asked Tzuyu for your number if that was okay with you. I wanted to ask if you wanted to come with me to watch a movie this weekend? 

Mina didn't reply as she doesn't know what exactly to say. Instead she saved Nayeon's phone number on her contacts and closed the message. 

Looking at her contacts, Momo's name came after Nayeon's. She pressed the name and led her fo their last conversation. There was a feeling growing inside of her. How she missed Momo sending her messages. 

As the sound of the train was coming near, Mina was about to close her phone, when suddenly she saw three dots loading on her conversation with Momo. Her eyes went wide and waited if Momo was actually going to message her. 

The train came to a stop and the three dots disappeared. Mina felt a sharp pain in her chest. 

"Let's go Mina, the doors are about to open" Chaeyoung told Mina. The girl closed her phone. She went inside the train along with Jihyo and Chaeyoung by her side. They made their way towards a vacant seat.

The sound of the doors closing were heard and the train went towards the next destination. Mina was just looking at the sky out of the window. The girl wondered what would the nexts days, weeks, and months to come were going to be like.

How things will be from now on, without the person she used to love the most. Or still loves the most.

She's hoping everything will be okay, even if things weren't what they used to be.