Psycho

Meeting You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Outside the empty classroom, the setting sun cast a soft glow on Wendy and Irene, further creating an intimate atmosphere that held the weight of unspoken words. Irene, with a mixture of nervousness and determination, decided it was time to unveil the truth.

"Seungwan," Irene began, her voice a delicate blend of sincerity and vulnerability.

Wendy sensed her uneasiness. "Take as much time as you need."

Taking a deep breath, Irene tried a different method, "What kind of person do you think I am?"

Wendy, confused, responded, "What do you mean?"

Irene insisted, "Just answer me. Since you've known me, what kind of person do you think I am?"

Wendy, thinking back to the start of their friendship, replied, "You're a brilliant person and have accomplished so much. Not many have accolades as thick as yours at such a young age. Developing a product that saves lives, launching a successful start-up, AND going back to school. What else haven't you done, woman?"

Irene chuckled. "Yes, Wendy. That's exactly who I am. I achieved those things because I made them happen. I don't believe that life gives you lemons; you have to make things happen yourself. And that's exactly what I did for us. I orchestrated our reunion at the start of the school year."

Wendy's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean, orchestrated?"

Irene continued, her gaze never leaving Wendy's. "Ever since Joy's wedding, I wanted to see you again, to be close to you. So, I made sure we ended up in the same classes, in the same school. I even went so far as to hire a private investigator to study you after we parted at the wedding."

Wendy's eyes widened in astonishment. "You hired a private investigator? Why would you do that?"

Irene's confession hung in the air as she explained, "I was obsessed, Wendy. From the moment I saw you, something inside me just clicked. I knew you were the one for me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter