WIIM - 1

What if it's me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Idiot!! Where are you?!"

"Hmm . ."

"What—Are you still sleeping!?"

"Hmm . ."

"Oh, God! You stupid idiot!! It's your wedding day, Jesus!!"

"Hmm—"

Finally, his brain returned to its normal state and started functioning properly when those words hit him. He sat up as fast as a bolt, and his eyes shot open, wide and round in horror.

"Damn it!! !! What time is it?!!"

"It's 9 AM now, idiot!"

"What?!!"

*Hung up the call*

He got up from his bed and quickly took a bath. After cleaning himself, he started rummaging around his room for clothes while glancing at the clock. He dashed out of the house to his car, ready to go to the salon where the others were waiting.

"Keys?! Where are the keys?! Oh God!! Damn it!!" He cursed loudly and rushed back into the house to get his car key.


***

 

In The Salon . .

"Where is he? It's already 9, and he's still not here," Minseok asked as he checked his hair.

"I don't know. He should have been here an hour ago," Jongin answered.

"Call him," Minseok ordered.

"Chanyeol has been trying to call him, but there's no answer," Jongdae explained.

"How much did you guys drink last night?" Kyungsoo suddenly asked Jongdae and Chanyeol.

*No answer*

"Hey!" Suho yelled at them, making them jump in surprise.

"Errr- Not too much?" Chanyeol answered, more like a question.

"Oh God! You drank too much, didn't you?" Minseok asked.

"If you think a full box is too much, then YES, they are," Sehun interjected, joining the conversation.

Their eyes widened and focused on the two suspects in the room.

"YOU WHAT?!" They asked in unison.

The two suspects just smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of their necks, keeping their heads hung low. If they could turn invisible, now would be the perfect time.

"You know that he has a low tolerance for alcohol, right?" Suho asked them in an intimidating voice, making them nod their heads, not daring to look at his face.

"Then why? Why? And why did you let him drink that much the day before his wedding?" He asked once again. Lay sighed and patted Suho's shoulder to calm him down.

"Those two will be in a big trouble," Sehun whispered to Jongin.

"If making your friend miss his wedding day is not a big trouble then i don't know what is," Jongin whispered back. Sehun nodded.

"You two, stop talking to yourselves if you don't want to take their place," Lay warned them quietly, making them quickly shut their mouths.

"Chanyeol, have you already called him?" Suho asked him. Chanyeol nodded his head.

"Did he answer?" Suho asked again. Chanyeol nodded his head once more. Suho was getting annoyed with the responses.

"Hey! Are you mute?!" He asked once again, and once again, Chanyeol just nodded his head. Everyone looked at him with a 'are you out of your mind?' expression.

"You idiot!" Jongdae yelled at him quietly and elbowed him, bringing him back to his senses.

"No! No! I mean, I called him many times, and finally, he answered. But he's still sleeping, I guess. Then I told him that today is his wedding day. After that, I think he came back to his senses because I heard him swearing and cursing, and then he hung up," Chanyeol explained at an amazing speed, leaving the others just looking at him.

"So, the point is, is he on his way?" Kyungsoo broke the silence.

"Yes!" Chanyeol answered, taking a breath.

"He better be," Minseok rolled his eyes annoyingly.

"Lucky him that the bride and the groom have different salons," Lay said.

"Yeah, or else she will kill him before they even get married," Minseok added.

"But his parents are already done, and they asked for him just before I came into this room," Kyungsoo said.

"What did you tell them, hyung?" Jongin and Sehun asked.

"I told them that he's doing his makeup," Kyungsoo answered. The others just nodded, but Chanyeol and Jongdae fell silent, worried about their friend who still wasn't there, even though it's just 30 minutes left before the wedding.

BRAAAAKKKKKKKKK!!

The door burst open, and the groom barged inside, panicking. Some of them jumped in surprise, and some sighed in relief.

"Where is my suit? My shoes? The hair stylist?!"

"Byun Baekhyun!! Calm the fck down!" Minseok yelled at him, holding his shoulder to make him stop.

"Now, calm down, change your clothes, and sit here. CALMLY!" He told him, putting emphasis on the last word. He just nodded and did as he was told.

"We need to come up with excuses. We're going to be late," Suho said.

"You're right. Chanyeol and Jongdae, go to the church first and try to delay the time. Kyungsoo, follow them and make sure they do it," Minseok ordered.

"What—why us?!" They whined.

"Hey! Don't 'what' me! Both of you are responsible for this! Shut up and go, NOW!" Minseok hissed. They groaned in frustration and then went to do their job. Kyungsoo sighed in defeat since he had to babysit those two idiots.

"Jongin and Sehun. You go with those two idiots and find her, distract her for a bit while those idiots do their job," Lay said. They widened their eyes and were ready to complain when Minseok cut them off.

"What? You want to complain?" Minseok asked them again. They gulped and shook their heads, indicating no.

"Good, because I don't want to harm anyone on this day. Now, go." He said firmly. With that, the maknaes dashed out of the room.

The others remained quiet in the room. This problem was already causing them stress, even though it wasn't their wedding day. The older people always had the responsibility for everything, and an angry Minseok shouldn't be touched or disturbed, or else say goodbye to the beautiful world. The older ones slumped into chairs while they waited for the groom.

"Getting older causes us more trouble sometimes," Suho sighed, and the others nodded in agreement.

 

***

 

In The Church . .

You and your parents were already ready, waiting in a room of the church for the signal to come in. Your parents had already entered the church.

"Ugh, why am I so nervous? It's not like I've never been in an important event before," you muttered to yourself, constantly shifting in your seat and fidgeting with your hands. Your driver overheard and smiled.

"You should try to calm yourself, miss. Nervousness can lead to mistakes," he advised. You stopped and looked at him.

"But how? I've never been this nervous before. I've given speeches in front of important people from all around the world, and that was easier than this," you said frustratedly.

"Of course, it's different. What you're doing today will impact your life forever, until you die," he explained.

"Mr. Lee, that's not helping!" you groaned. He chuckled at your reaction.

"Haha, okay, okay. I'll give you some tips," he said after he stopped laughing. You looked at him with seriousness.

"Please don't tease me this time," you playfully threatened him, and he laughed again.

"You're quite amusing. Fine, I'll be serious," he said.

"You better be," you playfully retorted, eager to hear his advice.

"First, don't think too much about the wedding before it starts. Let your mind wander to other places, think of beautiful memories," he suggested. You nodded, taking in his words.

"And when the time comes for you to walk in and see him, you'll forget everything around you," he added with a smile. You furrowed your brows in confusion.

"What does that mean?" you asked.

"You'll understand later," he replied.

"Ugh, you're making me curious now," you said, a playful whine in your tone. He laughed but then turned soft and smiled at you.

"Time has gone by so quickly without me realizing. The little lady I used to drive everywhere has grown so much, and now she's getting married," he said with a gentle tone. You smiled warmly at him.

"Old man, are you trying to make me cry?" you joked.

"Haha, no, of course not. Crying would ruin your makeup, and your parents might not be too happy with me," he playfully responded. You chuckled along with him.

"Thank you, Mr. Lee. I've always seen you as family. Thank you for everything," you expressed your gratitude.

"You're always welcome," he replied.

He's the driver your parents hired for you when you were a little kid. Because your parents were often busy, you spent a lot of time with him, and he became like family to you. You continued chatting with him until you heard a knock on the window. You rolled it down.

"Noona!"

"Gosh! You startled me," you said, pretending to hold your chest in surprise, making them giggle.

"Sorry," they said with smiles, and you couldn't help but smile back.

They opened the car door, and Jongin offered his hand to you. You looked at him with a puzzled expression.

"Ahjussi, we're taking her to the church," Sehun explained to Mr. Lee.

"Alright, I'll park the car and join the others inside," he replied.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter