Sadness in my heart

I found you ♥

"Rach, there's somthing wrong with Rainie and Jiro." Aaron said hastily over the phone.

"That's right, I sensed it today too. They're not going together for Prom's Night." Rachel sighed, it's so tiring being a matchmaker. "I think Rainie is going with Xiao Gui, "Rachel let out a long sigh, it was bad enough that Jiro and Rainie weren't going on a date to Prom's Night, but why did Xiao Gui have to budge in? "I know Rainie's character, even if she isn't interested in Xiao Gui,she would be too polite to reject him."

"That means Jiro doesn't have a chance already?" Aaron worried.

"I believe that if Jiro were just to open his mouth to ask, it would be not a problem. But he's too cowardly." Rachel said listlessly, "Is Jiro going to the Prom's Night? Alone or anything?"

"Nah, he just messaged me that he's going to stay at home to self study on the night of the prom. I think he already knows that Rainie is going with someone else. And being him, he wouldn't want to appear at the scene and look like a third party." Aaron continued.

"Eeeesh!! He's not the third party! Xiao Gui is! I clearly know that the one Rainie likes is Jiro, so how come he always thinks the other way?" Rachel said fed up." We have to think of a way to make Jiro attend, with Rainie or not, I'm not letting Xiao Gui spoil all the fun!" There was a tone of determination in Rachel's voice which comforted Aaron that things would be worken out.

 

"Genie girl! How are you! I missed you so much!" Rachel hugged Genie as she spoked.

"Aww, I missed you too girl!" Genie said as she put down her luggage on the polished marble floor. " Really missed Taiwan alot, so glad to be back again." She breathed in the fresh air as she continued, "Oh, by the way, how come I don't see Jiro?" Genie questioned as her eyes darted around the airport, trying to catch a glimpse of the familiar face.

"Oh, he still has lessons on. he knows you're back in Taiwan already, Aaron and him are going to meet you afterwards when their lessons are over. Don't worry, I know you missed him alot." Rachel said reassuringly as she placed one hand over Genie's shoulder.

Genie blushed, "I hope he's missing me too."

 

"Buddy, Genie is back in Taiwan!" Aaron shouted enthusiastically to Jiro as the bell rang, signally the dismassal of school.

"Yupp, I know! I think she's back in her house in Taiwan now with her parents. Let's rush there now that school's over, I can't wait to see her! You don't know how much I missed her!" Jiro said smiling from ear to ear.

They grabbed their bags and headed their way.

 

"Hello my dear!" Jiro exclaimed welcomly as Genie and Jiro met with an embrace. "You don't know how much I have missed you girl! Ever since you left to study in America, it's like I've lost a sister!" Jiro laughed heartilly. Genie winced at the word "sister". But sooner shaked off the feeling.

"Hey! Jiro, you're doing all the hugging! Leave some for me!" Aaron joked.

"Ah haha, Aaron! I missed you too!" Genie said elated as she hugged Aaron playfully. "In America, no one was there to wash my clothing, not like how you do it for me in Taiwan!"

"Wait, when have I washed your laundry for you?" Aaron said not getting the joke.

"Haiyo, Aaron, Genie's saying that you act like her mother in Taiwan, so litterally you help her wash her clothes right? Always so naggy and protective." Jiro smiled, "Genie, how come you refer him as your mother and not as your maid? Hahaha." Everyone burst out laughing, as the atmosphere lightened up. All of them have never felt so relaxed for such a long time.

"Oh yah, Rachel mentioned to me that there is going to be a prom at your school?" Genie taunted playfully at Jiro.

Everyone immediately tensed.

Jiro nodded his head uncomfortably.

"That's great! I heard that Rachel and Aaron are going! So let's go together too! You haven't gotten a date without me have you?" Genie eyed Jiro suspiciously.

"Huh? What are you talking about? You know that no one is interested in me at school right? How am I supposed to go on a date? You came back at just the right time, now I can finally go to the prom." Jiro forced out a wry smile, he didn't want to dissapoint Genie.

"I knew you would agree to it." Genie smiled as she hugged Jiro. Seeing Genie smile so happily, Jiro sighed and let out a small genuine smile, "At least I managed to make Genie happy" he thought.

 

The night of the prom was getting nearer and nearer. Everrbody was excited about it. There were decorations hung in the ballroom and flyers distributed everywhere promoting the prom.

Genie was alsp successfully transferred to Jiro's school, which was a piece of cake to her, being the top scholar she is. Being in the same class as Jiro, she was hoping to spend more time with him.

"Don't forget that tomorrow's prom!" Genie said playfully.

"How can I forget when I'm going with the best date?" Jiro laughed, he liked seeing Genie happy. He treated her like his dear sister, just like Rachel, always wanting them to be happy, even though he had to sacriface his own feelings some times.

Meanwhile, Rainie was concidentally standing at the corridor and overheard their conversation. she felt as if her heart was shattered into pieces and her eyes welled up with tears. She looked away and angrilly brushed away the stubborn tears. "He was never mine, so I didn't lose him. So I have no right to be upset. I'm not good enough for him anyway." Rainie sobbed softly as she took one longing look at Jiro and Genie laughing together playfully, and with heavy footsteps, finally walked away.