The Beginning of Something New

Love is the Greatest Struggle (HIATUS)

** FAST FORWARD: This is now one year after Sungyeol and Myungsoo met. Got some surprises in here! Hope you enjoy! :3 **

 

A year has officially passed since I last encountered Sungyeol. I longed to see him again and actually get to know him, maybe even become friends. I wonder where he is and how he's doing? I really miss him even though, at the moment, I am preoccupied with a relationship. Can you believe it? His name is Lee Sungjong; remember that high school rival I had? Summer was when we began our relationship. We've been going strong for four months. I'm ecstatic! Wonder how we got together? Well, our relationship blossomed at a party that was hosted by my friend, Kim Sunggyu, at his family vacation mansion, to celebrate finally entering the last year of high school. At the time I wasn't very happy, pissed even, because Sungjong was going to be there. I expected him to come still dressed in his school uniform, but instead he surprised the majority of us by coming decked out in modern, fashionable wear.

 

Sungjong strutted into Sunggyu's house wearing black leather skinny pants with a black leather jacket to match. His outfit was complimented by black combat boots along with a hot pink top that had a black net over it. His hair was styled in a nice way and he was wearing bracelets to decorate his arms since his leather jacket had the sleeves rolled up on his left arm. 

 

I had to do a double take because this was not the Sungjong I was used to seeing. He always struck me as the type who would be super reserved and not a fashion . Not to mention he was wearing sparkly lip gloss which made me stare in awe.

 

Lip gloss?! Really?

 

 I thought Sungjong was a man not some kind of sissy! I felt a tad bit irritated and made my way to the backyard so I wouldn't have to see him. Everyone else at the party was raving over him, telling him how y he looked and asking where he got his lip gloss. Well, it was mainly the girls who were asking these questions.

 

Why are girls asking him these type of questions? Isn't he a guy? I mean aren't they aware that he doesn't possess a ?

 

 This irked me way too much so I had to go over to give him a piece of my mind. 

 

"Why are you dressed like this?" I asked him in fury in front of everyone at the party. The guests looked at me as if I was crazy and walked away, to continue whatever it was that they were doing.

 

Sungjong stared at me in a bewildered way while looking me up and down, which I presume he was checking me out, before saying anything to me.

 

"And why should it concern you Kim Myungsoo?" he said with complete attitude. Attitude full of sass and challenge. I had never seen this side to him and was a bit shocked but I was strangely intrigued and wanted to see more.

 

"Because you are Lee Sungjong and you are my biggest rival. Everything you do concerns me." I said to him in a menacingly way hoping to get him off his high horse. I was in the mood to start some drama and I knew he would be just the person.

 

Sungjong walked up to me and stared me in the face with a look of peeve. He pursed his lips and rolled his eyes. I was suddenly drawn to his lips and it was just now that I noticed how plump and pink they were. It might have been the lip gloss he was wearing but those lips gave me a weird feeling. I had an urge to lean in and capture them between mine, the luscious tempting flesh and nipping them with my teeth. I let out a weird breathe as he stared me in the eyes, charisma overflowing. It was while I was staring at him that I had come to the conclusion that he was damn fine. I had never seen someone as attractive as him before, with the exception of Sungyeol, and it was all I could do but to help myself from jumping him right then and there. But I got so worked up by his stare that I screamed at him instead of kiss him.

 

"What are you looking at?" I yelled, emotions scrambled and the feeling of butterflies creeping up to my stomach.

 

"Nothing. There's nothing to look at at any ways," he said while rolling his eyes after gazing at me with a bored expression. He looked at me up and down once more before turning and walking away in a huff.

 

I was irritated at that moment by his attitude that I decided to trail him and continue to bother him. For some reason, due to his appearance, I just had an urge to continue to .

 

"Ya! Don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you! You're being a !" I didn't realize what I had said until I had said it. I felt embarrassed for a moment because I was starting to get a few stares from other guests at the party. Sungjong's reply to me was just a scoff but for some reason I had to keep on talking.

 

"I just wanted to know what the hell you are wearing. You look like you just came from a gay bar!"

 

"Well you look like you run a gay bar," Sungjong said while turning around slowly, staring at me expressionless.

 

"Oh? Is that so? Is that supposed to hurt? At least I look like I can run a business!" I was aware that my words were becoming increasingly immature but I just couldn't stop my mouth from running. All I could do at that moment was stare at the perfect face and figure of Sungjong, my stomach becoming more a knot as seconds passed by.

 

"I think I'm done here." Sungjong raised his eyebrows and pursed lips and quickly his heels walking in the opposite direction.

 

I followed him on his heels once more spouting nonsense. He was too fun to mess with because his reactions were amusing.

 

"Why are you walking away? Got nothing else to say to me? I knew it! You're such a sissy," I said in a obvious teasing tone hoping this would get the best reaction out of him and this would make my night. He suddenly whirled around and the look he gave me should have made me crap my pants in fear but instead it made my blood boil in excitement.

 

"What?!" he exclaimed obviously upset at my comment.

 

"You heard me! Do I need to repeat myself?" I asked in the most challenging tone I could muster.

 

"Aish!" he screamed as he rubbed his face, "You are so annoying!"

 

"Annoying? ANNOYING?!"

 

"Yes!?"

 

"I think you have the wrong person. I'm not annoying," I said in the most innocent way that I could to irk him.

 

"WHAT?! You saying that you aren't annoying is even more annoying!"

 

"I'm cute! I can't be annoying!" I said with a smirk to hit his nerve.

 

Sungjong just stared at me with a look of utter disgust and it was all I could do to keep myself from bursting out laughing at his face. I'll admit, that face had to be one of funniest I've ever seen.

 

"You know you think I'm cute! Everyone thinks I'm cute!  You cannot deny it!"

 

"Oh. My. God. you're so annoying that it isn't even funny anymore," he said while rolling his eyes.

 

"But you seem to be amused by my annoying-ness, isn't that right?" I said with a smirk to test his emotions once more.

 

I could see Sungjong's expression waver a bit and finally he dropped his cold facade. He quickly turned away with a slight smile on his face and walked into the crowd. I stood there for a moment shocked at what just happened because the argument ended a lot quicker than I was expecting. He totally just tried to ruin the fun. There was no way I was going to let this happen so I trailed after him.

 

 

After a few steps I lost sight of him and I didn't know where he went. I asked a girl that was nearby and she told me he went upstairs to the parlor. I thanked her and made my way up the few stairs and around to the side of the house where I found the parlor. I opened the room and there he was. Standing near the ceiling tall window looking over the beach, the moonlight casted off Sungjong, making him look angelic. I just stood there for a few moments watching how he practically glowed, both with and without the moonlight and could feel my heart beating fast all of the sudden. He must have sensed someone in the room because he turned around swiftly and stared at me.

 

"What do you want Myungsoo?" he questioned me in a sad, tired way. I suddenly felt horrible for how I treated him earlier; the nagging and relentless insults I threw at him. I closed the door behind me and walked over to him slowly, silently staring at him while he turned his back to me once again.

 

"Sungjong-ah... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the things I said earlier. Don't be mad at me. I was just messing around with you because I was bored and you seemed like the perfect guy to bother. Please..." I reached up and touched Sungjong's shoulder and I felt him tense up.

 

"Myungsoo-ah, I'm not mad. I forgive you... How can I not forgive you?" Sungjong said in a barely audible voice. He seemed quite sad and I felt even worse. I had obviously hurt him with my comments and was thinking about myself and my satisfaction instead of his feelings. Even though I hated him with a deep passion, my heart strangely started to warm up and some of that hate dispelled. Before I knew it, I had my arms wrapped around his waist giving him a back hug. I don't know what got into me, but he didn't pull away so I hugged him tighter.  I could hear his heart beating as fast as mine and his breathing became unsteady. 

 

Something snapped in me and I suddenly let go of him and turned him around, pulling his face down for a passionate kiss. The kiss was full of desire, longing, and an emotion that I couldn't quite pinpoint. I pulled away mid-kiss and stared into Sungjong's eyes. The next thing out of my mouth was a confession I didn't know was inside of me and had me question just exactly how well I knew myself.

 

"Sungjong-ah, I'm sorry if I hurt you with my words. I didn't mean to hurt you. You mean too much to me for you to be hurt. I'm truly sorry. I love you Sungjong-ah. I've loved you since our first dispute. The way you outsmart everyone, your wit in arguments, the way you walk, talk, your smile, everything about you is amazing. I don't hate you. I never did. I know what I feel now. "

 

The words shocked me as I said it but I couldn't stop my mouth. Emotions I never knew I had came pouring out in sentences and as much as I wanted to shut up my brain wouldn't allow it. I could feel my heart beating a mile a minute, sweat forming on the back of my neck and a tingling sensation all over. The only other time I had ever felt like this was the day I had that encounter with Sungyeol.

 

Lee Sungyeol... Lee Sungjong... what is wrong with my heart?

 

I looked at Sungjong in the eyes and I could see a mirror of emotions similar to mine reflect back at me before he leaned down and captured my lips this time in a gentle, yet warm kiss. After he broke it he stared at me for a few seconds, caressing my face, before speaking.

 

"I love you too Myungsoo. I've felt things for you I've never really felt before for anyone else since the day that we met. And to be honest, your words did hurt. They hurt a lot but only because of the feelings I have for you. I always said I hated you as well because I couldn't admit to myself that I liked you. I'm happy to hear that you feel the same way." 

 

He smiled a sad smile and I could see that there were tears in his eyes. We shared another hot kiss and spent the night at Sunggyu's house in his spare bedroom. Just innocent love, sharing little kisses all night long while occasionally giggling and whispering sweet nothings into each others ears. Sunggyu didn't question what happened, although I'm sure he knew because he smirked when he saw us, like he knew something we didn't.

 

But from that day forward me and Sungjong have been together and everything has been going perfectly. Four months and we're still going strong. I feel like I've found my soul mate but every once and awhile Sungyeol will slip into my mind and I will think about that embarrassing day and his cute lips. Those pink, slightly full lips and those eyes. Those eyes that pierced through me with that charismatic glare. 

 

Sometimes I feel like I am going crazy because one moment I am thinking about Sungjong and how lucky I am to have him and then the next I am thinking about Sungyeol and that day. I think my heart is going through a moment. It's been a little over a year since I've seen Sungyeol but my heart and mind refuses to let go of him. It must mean something right? Oh well. At least I am happy with Sungjong. I'm ready to start a new chapter in my life. Sungjong & I have already started to look for an apartment. We are moving in together after high school. Yes, we are planning to stay together forever. Problem? No? I didn't think so. 

 

God, I'm so in love.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: HEY EVERYONE! I'm sorry for the like two months hiatus on this fic! You know as I was writing this, I got distracted on the third chapter and that's part of the reason it took me so long to update. I couldn't think of how to continue this story and as you know my co-author is no longer able to continue my story with me so I was kinda left on the edge of a cliff with this.. So I had to just use the ideas that me & my co-author had brainstormed a few months ago and actually put them into a chapter. 

The story is actually going to be really crappy now that I don't have anyone to help me write it so bare with me. I'm sorry if the story doesn't go as planned because I'm in the process of updating my YunJae fic & my EXO fic (links of which you can find in the sidebar to your left) so my mind is all scrambled. I felt bad for not updating this for so long so I am releasing this chapter unBETA'ed so sorry if I have grammar mistakes & spelling errors, etc.

THANK YOU SUBSCRIBERS FOR STAYING WITH ME ALL THIS TIME! MUCH LOVE <3

 *Note: The grey part is a flashback. Myungsoo is thinking back on what had happened to him four months ago; his starting a relationship with Sungjong. Just in case you were confused. XD