A Heart is Like A Puzzle? (Sungyeol's POV)

Love is the Greatest Struggle (HIATUS)

** JUST A HEADS UP: This chapter is very long... There is a lot of unnecessary information in it but you know what? Whatever. LOL Enjoy! :3 **

 

I stood at the bus stop on that cold Thursday morning waiting for the bus to come to take me to my school. I was freezing my off when all I wanted was to get on a warm bus and get some more sleep. I had only had about 5 hours of sleep that night because I had to pack my things to get ready to move to Seoul. There was an audition that was coming up soon for a modeling competition in Seoul and I wanted to be a part of it. But because I lived 3 hours away, my mother thought it was better for me to move in with my aunts and cousins while I would be searching for entertainment options. My father said I was completely stupid for trying to get into the entertainment business because I had no distinctive talent like dance or vocal. But if they see any potential in me at all, they will accept me and train me.


I know I have something that they want and if I practice it enough I might be able to show it. Working hard in the next few weeks is what I will be focusing on. Once I get to my cousins house this evening, I will start practicing my dancing, singing, and posing. If all else fails I will make sure that I have some gags handy so I can crack a few to the audience & judges. I surely hope that they will get my humor and at least laugh a little bit. From what I've read of fanaccounts on these types of competitions, the judges are very strict and 95% of the time will not laugh at a joke you made. This makes my chances of getting in very slim.


As I was standing there thinking about what I will be doing in the future, I didn't notice that the bus had pulled up to the bus stop. Finally! I clambered onto the bus in a hurry to get a seat next to the window. Even though it was cold as hell, and the window seat is the last place you want to sit at in this kind of weather, I enjoyed the view. There was another reason why I was desperate for a window seat. I had heard from a friend, Nam Woohyun, that Kim Myungsoo takes this same exact bus everyday at 6:45am. I made sure that I sat on the window seat so I could see him out the window before he got on. Also I needed to keep the seat next to me reserved so he would have to sit next to me. I really needed to see him because I would be leaving the city for awhile and I think I would miss him too much. Does that sound weird? Yeah... I think it's supposed to. Does it sound like I like him? Yeah... I think I do. No, but seriously I think I do.


To be honest, I've never thought about a guy as much as I think about Myungsoo. Even though I don't go to the same school as him, there is always talk about him at school during lunchtime. It's like he's the county's pride or something. Girls have photos of him on their phone and they talk about what he was wearing the other day, etc. Boys complain about how he gets all the girls and wonder how they can be like him. Envy at it's greatest. I get irritated because as much as I try to block him out of my head, I'm always hearing about him and seeing his photos. There's rumors that he will become a star soon but I know lots of people make up things. Besides, I'm pretty confident that I will become a star before he does. I'm more handsome than him anyways. Hmph.



The bus finally pulled up to the stop he gets on about 20 minutes later. I saw Myungsoo run towards to the bus with his bag in his hands and I quickly changed my demeanor to be cold and non-caring. I had told pretty much everyone who got on the bus not to sit next to me because someone else was going to sit there. He had no choice but to sit here because he was the last one getting on the bus and all the other seats had been filled. This bus would not pick anyone else up because Myungsoo was the only one getting on at this stop which was the last. The only other stops would be drop-offs at the high schools. I knew what I was doing and I only hope that he would play along.


Myungsoo stepped on to the bus and headed towards the back but stopped every step or two to say good morning to the students. The bus was full of shouts to Myungsoo. Good morning’s and how are you’s filled the silence of the bus and I became highly annoyed again. He always acts like he’s some top stuff. Before moving to the seat next to me, he stopped to fix his hair in the mirror above the door. Tch, how can one be so vain? He looked at me, caught me staring at him, and nodded. He quickly came to sit next to me but I said nothing to him. I didn’t want to be caught oogling at him or blushing like every other teenager in this county. I guess he wanted to talk to me so he poked me. I got extremely nervous and was scared to say anything to him so I ignored him. I hoped that he wouldn’t say anything to me again or try to get me to talk to him because I was afraid that I would say some stupid and embarrass myself. But he poked me again. I knew I had to react otherwise it would make me look bad for ignoring him.



"What? What do you want?", I screamed at him. I was a bit shocked at my tone of voice because I hadn’t meant to yell at him like that. I was just extremely nervous because such a handsome and smart boy was sitting next to me. A handsome and smart boy that I had feelings for. I thought he was going to protest but he just smiled at me.


"Hello, I'm Kim Myungsoo. What's your name?", he said while holding out his hand for me to shake. I took a look at his hand and looked back out the window without taking it. My heart had started beating a mile a minute. He had such beautiful hands. They were smooth looking and his fingers were long and slim. Even his nails were in shape, perfectly manicured. I didn’t know what to say to this perfect being so I said what I would’ve said if I was in a drama or something.


"I know who you are. Who in this county doesn't know who you are?” I think I said it a bit too harsh because the look on his face said it all. I didn’t mean to yell at him but I was just so flustered. I was actually about to have a conversation with this perfect boy. I didn’t know what to say or what to do. So I sat there looking haughty and irritated hoping he’d leave me alone. No such luck.


"Oh. Well, I don't know who you are! You could be nice and introduce yourself to me you know." I looked back at him and noticed he was pouting. I tried to keep a pokerface hoping he wouldn’t see just how that face was affecting me.
 

"Lee Sungyeol. Nice to meet you." I turned back to the window because I felt like I was going to explode right then and there and go like, ‘oh my god, you are so cute’, or worse, kiss him. I could feel his eyes on me and when I looked back this perfect being was staring back at me. His face was just too much and then he had to add the pout. I felt as though my heart was going to give out it was pumping so fast.
 

"Ya! What the hell are you looking at?" Myungsoo must have been in a daze or something because only when I yelled at him did he blink. He quickly looked away for a moment and then looked back at me.


"I'm looking at you! Who else?", he exclaimed in almost a challenging way, like he was expecting for me to react rudely and start something. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down, for I was getting way too worked up over a boy who I had never talked to in person until for now. I stared at him straight in the eyes, trying to send a secret signal of affection. Trying to let him know that I had feelings for him without actually telling him by mouth. I think it got to him because he gulped and looked down at his lap. I looked down as well and I could see that he was getting an . I suddenly felt proud that I had worked my y and it had worked on him. That he was getting all hot and bothered because of me. It gave me a boost of confidence and I felt like I could actually get him.



Myungsoo reached down to retrieve his backpack and put it in his lap hurriedly. This was enough to assure me that he knew what was going on between us. I knew that he had felt the same way about me otherwise he would’ve never gotten an . I leaned over and whispered in his ear something I never thought I would have the balls to say.


"You like men don't you? It's okay, you don't have to lie that I don't turn you on." I said this slowly, rolling each of the words off my tongue. Letting it soak into his head. The next move, I was not prepared for and I think it had something to do with my ual desire for him. Right then, right there. I wanted to touch a part of him that’s never been touched by a man and make him remember me.


I reached my hand out and slid it under the backpack that was on his lap. I grabbed his crotch and squeezed. I could feel the firm yet fleshy organ through the seam of his pants and that was all that was needed for him to go into shock mode. He froze, eyes locked into mine. I felt ecstatic inside that I had felt his crotch. I made a mental note that he wasn’t small either and I hoped to get him to confess his desires to me one day. I knew that I was going to meet him again one day. I just knew it. But for now I had to play it cool. I removed my hand from his crotch and looked back out the window; heart pounding and pants feeling a bit stuffed from mental images of what I’d like to do to him.


I eventually fell asleep but not for long. I caught Myungsoo staring at me out of the corner of my eye, while I had my eyes ninety-five percent shut, and I knew something was up with him. What if he attempts to touch my crotch while I’m asleep? Oh well, I’ll just pretend that I didn’t feel it and that I was actually asleep the whole time. He kept scooting closer to me so I closed my eyes completely, leaving my body vulnerable for anything since I couldn’t see what he was going to do. He got extremely close to my face and I could feel a presence right above me. I opened my eyes suddenly and there were his pink lips. I took this moment to kiss him because I was sure he was trying to do the same to me.
 

I kissed him passionately, running my tongue around the caverns of his mouth. He responded and our kiss became all tongue. I even bit and tugged his lip a little and was proud of myself for doing that. He let go of the kiss and stared at me in shock, almost as if he had not expected this kind of kiss. I played it cool and tried to act like a bad boy. Bad boys were attractive so I tried to be just that by smirking at him.


"You shouldn't hide who you are Kim Myungsoo. Loving is not a sin,” I told him in a tempting way. I knew he was hiding who he really was because if he was who he pretended, would he have gotten by me? Would he have tried to kiss me while I was sleeping and would he have responded to my kiss? I’m pretty sure not. I probably would have gotten punched in the face by now. But his reply to me was a shocked expression and an angry protest.
 

"I am not a homoual. I don't know what you are thinking about me. I like girls. I have and always will. Please don't get the wrong idea because I kissed you... er, let you kiss me!" His voice was not stable and he was stuttering as well as sweating. I knew that I had gotten to him and he didn’t want to admit it. I bet that this was his first experience with a guy or having feelings about a guy so he was confused. I mean some people don’t know that they are not straight until they have an encounter. I had my first encounter with this boy named Lee Sungjong during the third year of middle school. He is one of Myungsoo’s classmates but no one knows about this because we keep it a secret. He was going through a break up at the time so I helped him get through it and then things led from one thing to another. Those lips man. I couldn’t help myself. I bet Myungsoo will have his first experience very soon and he will know his true self. But instead of pressuring him into it now, I decided to just drop it because my school’s stop was nearing.


"Okay. Believe what you will. Well, this is my stop. It was nice meeting you. I don't think I'll ever see you again because I'm moving overseas tomorrow. I just took this bus to go back to school and clean out. Good luck on your future!" I said this to him in a casual and calm way to hide what I was really feeling. I was feeling regret because I was leaving him and happiness because I accomplished what I wanted to do in the first place; make him remember me. I don't know why I said I was moving overseas... I think it has something to do with the fact I was nervous as hell. I wasn't moving overseas, I was moving provinces. Oh well, at least he will miss me more.



I stepped off the bus cooly and walked to my school. When I got inside, I breathed the biggest sigh I have ever taken in my life. I screamed a bit and shook my head like crazy. When I was done expressing my emotions, I looked up and saw Nam Woohyun standing at our locker, staring back at me. He was smiling and shaking his head at me. I walked over to him and I probably had a huge question mark implanted on my face because he answered me before I even began to speak.



“I’m laughing at you because you are acting like a dog who just took a bath and was shaking the water off! What’s wrong with you?”


Woohyun was one of my best friends who had recently came out to everyone that he was interested in the same . He even has a boyfriend now! Oh, how proud I am of him. His boyfriend, Kim Sunggyu, is the perfect dude. He’s adorable yet there’s something about him that’s y. I can’t quite put my finger on it but him and Woohyun make the perfect couple.


“I just met Kim Myungsoo on the bus. He sat right next to me and we talked. And get this. We even kissed! I think we are destined to be together!” I swooned, while cleaning my locker out and placing my items into a box on the floor. Woohyun just looked at me as I was crazy and I can understand why. Why the hell would Myungsoo kiss a guy? Myungsoo isn’t interested in the same and that’s what everyone knows and believes. What would make them change their mind?


“I know what you are thinking. ‘He’s straight’. But trust me, the way he was kissing me, there ain’t no way in hell that boy is straight. Either he doesn’t know his feelings for the same yet or he knows and is closeted. Either way, I know he has the hots for me. You just don’t kiss anyone like that. And can you believe that he had an just from me looking at him all seductively? I got to him as well. This was the best morning ever. I just know that we are going to meet again.”


Woohyun stood there staring at me like I was some person high off of shrooms the whole time I was talking but he ended up smiling by the end of my rant.


“Look at my dongsaeng. Finally gettin’ game. And I mean you got big game. You got Kim Myungsoo to melt at your feet. I thought you were just some country bumpkin with a bowl cut and glasses. Turns out I was wrong.”


I patted him on the back as if to say, ‘there’s a lot about me that you don’t know’, and told him that I’d see him in a few weeks when he comes down to Seoul. Woohyun is also going to audition for the modeling competition. As far as I know, pretty much all the guys eligible in this county are going to audition. I know I am well eligible as they want guys who are over 175cm. Woohyun barely makes the cut so I’m not sure whether or not he will make it. He’s mainly going to support me. Modeling isn’t his thing because he’s obsessed with singing so yeah.



As I left the school and boarded the bus back home, I thought about Myungsoo once again. I thought about him all the way home, when I went to sleep that night, and the next day. I keep telling myself that this is not the end for us. That I will see him again because what happened that day was just by chance. And that chances mean everything. When I was little, my grandmother told me that there will be a person that you will meet that you are destined to meet. That something could happen that you’d never expect to happen with that person and it will spark something. You will know when you are destined to be because your heart will respond to that person.
 

To be specific, she told me that everyone’s heart is like a puzzle that has a missing piece. There is one person in the world who carries that piece to your heart and you carry theirs. If you meet, your heart will recognize the missing piece the other is carrying and signal for the pieces to come together. If you come together, then it was destined to be. If you don’t come together it’s probably because you missed that chance. A simple ‘hello’ could be a spark that signals the heart that that’s the person with the missing piece.
 

I know it sounds confusing but what happened with Myungsoo on the bus is a definite indicator to me that this is not the end. That he carries my missing puzzle piece, I carry his and we are going to meet again. Maybe not tomorrow, next week, or next month, but we will meet again one day. And our puzzle pieces will fit together like glue. But I had a feeling that we would have to sacrifice something great to stay together. I didn’t know what it was yet but I feared for the well being of Myungsoo. Funny how I’m worrying about someone I never met in person before the bus ride. Oh, fate. You’re a trip.