The First

Love is the Greatest Struggle (HIATUS)

Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
 

Ugh, my annoying alarm clock rung once again. I swear I had pressed the snooze button at least four times this morning. I felt like just staying in bed but unfortunately, I had to attend school like any other student. I laid in bed for a few minutes and like my daily routine, I pictured myself waking up in a fancy apartment, putting on my suit with a tie, and grabbing a coffee on the go, while driving to work in my Lamborghini. I would arrive to my office place shortly after and would negotiate with numerous designers over their latest line for me to model. I pictured myself being swarmed by fangirls, on the cover of every fashion magazine in the country and every accomplishment I make the headline on the national newspaper. I would come home to my wife, who would be a math teacher, and two children, a boy and a girl, who would be musicians. We had the ideal family and almost all celebrities in Korea would envy our close, picture perfect family. Who knows, even the ordinary citizens would loathe our talent and would strive to be like us. That was the kind of life I wanted in the future. I already had it planned out. I would graduate from high school with honors and attend the Korean National University of Arts and get a degree in TV so I can be amazing on shows. Every variety and talk show would want me. Yep, that's the life I'm gonna have!

 

I smiled to myself before climbing out of bed to start my day. As I walked down the hallway, I decided to stop and pose while looking at myself in the hall mirror. I did the same thing in front of the bathroom mirror, posing as if I was going to be the fresh face featured on the cover of the latest edition of High Cut magazine! While taking a shower I kept thinking about the modeling competition that was coming up soon in Seoul. They were looking for the top 10 of the competition that they could turn into international supermodels. I knew I could be one of them! All I had to do was just practice my looks and activate my charisma! Who wouldn't want a face like mine? I mean my relatives, classmates, and my schools administration tell me I have an uljjang appearance so that means I am fit for modeling right? The competition is in 3 weeks so by then I will be ready! Nolja! 
 

"Myungsoo! Breakfast! Hurry up and come down to eat now otherwise you will be late for school!", my mother screamed from the kitchen.

 

I always tell my mother that it is not necessary for me to eat a home cooked breakfast everyday but she insists. I can very well just eat at school, but she says there's nothing like homemade food. I can't tell her that the seaweed soup at school tastes better than what she fixes me for lunch, so I just endure it. I usually give my lunch to Sunggyu, a hyung I met in Biology because he seems to love my mothers cooking. I vowed to bring him over to my house Saturday night so we can have dinner and play the latest update of Tales Runner. We made a bet that whover has a higher score at the end of the night has to ask Kim Soya out.

 

Soya is a pretty, reserved girl who's in the same math class as me.  She's quiet and all but she's my competition as far as class ranking goes. I have currently landed the #3 spot in our class and she has landed the #2 spot. As usual,  the #1 spot always goes to this boy named Lee Sungjong, who's the epitome of a nerd. He's far too skinny as well. It seems as though he hasn't had a good homecooked meal in awhile. I should bring him some of my mothers cooking to fatten him up. Because as I said, the seaweed soup my mother makes cannot compare to the school one. Well... in the sense that eating two bowls of her seaweed soup is a meal at itself. I don't know what she puts in that stuff but it's so fattening, oily and salty. Everyone else who eats her cooking seems to love it so I guess it's just me. I think I spend too much time eating the school lunch rather than hers so my taste buds have not gotten adjusted to the latter. Oh well.

 

I was so busy standing in front of the mirror daydreaming that I didn't notice 8 minutes had passed since my mother called me. ! I had 12 minutes to get downstairs, eat breakfast, get my shoes on, organize my bookbag and leave to catch the bus in time. My daydreaming always puts me in a predicament stressed for time. I really need to work on not doing that! Well anyways, I got ready in a hurry and by hurry I mean I was practically flying. Which is no surprise because I am always flying. I was born fly. haha That was funny wasn't it? No? Okay.

 

HONK HONK
 

Oh ! The bus arrived and I had not even eaten breakfast. I yelled out the window to wait a moment and the driver gave me a signal that he heard me. I raced downstairs and as to not disappoint my mother, I took a bite of everything on the table. I grabbed my bag and ran out to the bus, which had the engine running, and I presumed that the driver was about to pull off. I made it just in time but there was only one seat left on the bus. I usually sit in the back and look out the window while listening to music but that seat had already been taken. Damn it! The only seat available was an aisle seat in the middle of the bus next to this kid I had never seen before. I reluctantly sat next to him and he didn't even take a glance at me. How dare he? Everyone greets me when I get on the bus but this four-eyes had the audacity to ignore me. I should say hi to him first then so he can acknowledge my existence.

 

Poke
 

He didn't bulge when I poked him and I wondered if he was alive or not. The second time I poked him I was in for a bit of a shock at his response.

 

"What? What do you want?", he growled at me while looking at me as if I was disturbing his peace. He was disturbing my peace by not acknowledging me first. I was just trying to be friendly because I had never seen him before. I don't like not knowing people. You never know when you are going to get into a situation where you might need one of their help. Instead of yelling at him for an answer to why he was yellling at me, I just smiled.

 

"Hello, I'm Kim Myungsoo. What's your name?", I said while holding out my hand trying to befriend him.

 

"I know who you are. Who in this county doesn't know who you are?", he said in a insulting tone. I didn't know whether he was actually exaggerating the situation or I was actually that famous.

 

"Oh. Well, I don't know who you are! You could be nice and introduce yourself to me you know." I tried pouting to end my sentence to give it a dramatic effect. It usually worked on people but he just stared at me expressionless.

 

"Lee Sungyeol. Nice to meet you." He ended his sentence abruptly and turned to stare again out the window.

 

I was a bit ataken back because I had never met anyone who wasn't jumping all over me and praising me for insignificant things. He acted as if I was an average student; no drooling, asking for my phone number (yes guys did that too o.o") or asking me about how I kept my skin so clear. For some strange reason, this guy interested me. I stared at him a bit and I noticed that there was a little brown mole on this lower neck that was peaking out from underneath the collar of his shirt. I tried to ignore it but it was so tempting to stare at. I looked up a bit and noticed there was another one near his ear but it was faint. I took one look at his jawline and for some reason I felt weak all of the sudden. As an aspiring model, I can tell you he has the best side profile I've ever seen. Sometime during my staring at him, he turned to look at me. I didn't notice that he was looking at me until he spoke.
 

"Ya! What the hell are you looking at?", he said in an angry tone. Gosh, I swear this guy thinks he's all that or something.

 

"I'm looking at you! Who else?", I exclaimed in an almost threatening tone hoping to kick him off his high horse but I got no response as usual. He began staring at me intently straight in the eyes and I could feel my stomach churning. Damn, this guys gaze was intense. It felt almost as though he was undressing me with his eyes or something. I got the feeling of lust and desire that was shooting from his eyes and I quickly looked down and noticed that Myungsoo Jr. was awake. I became embarrased so I quickly put my backpack in my lap. While doing that I noticed all the other students on the bus were asleep. I sighed some relief and turned back to Sungyeol who was still staring at me. I looked at him and choked on my own saliva. How the hell can someone have such an intense gaze? It's impossible! I was even more shocked when he leaned towards me and whispered in my ear.

 

"You like men don't you? It's okay, you don't have to lie that I don't turn you on."

 

He reached his hand out and grabbed my crotch and squeezed. He looked at me directly in the eye while doing that and smirked. For some reason, I had nothing to say. I've had my handful of men trying to grab my crotch before and I was terrified, even screamed out in protest but this... was different. My body had no defense system at the moment and I was sitting there completely mesmerized by a guy who wore glasses and had his hands on my crotch. I couldn't say anything, I couldn't move, I was frozen. It was the moment he removed his hands and continued looking out the window once again that I came to my senses about what just happened and mentally beat the crap out of myself.

 

Somewhere along the ride to school, Sungyeol fell asleep. I had such an urge to kiss his smooth, pink, pouty lips and I really had no idea why. Since everyone else was asleep I decided to do it. As I leaned over and was almost touching lips with him, he opened his eyes and initiated the kiss. Again, I became frozen. After the kiss was over, he looked at me in the eyes and smirked.

 

"You shouldn't hide who you are Kim Myungsoo. Loving is not a sin."

 

Love? What the hell was this boy talking about? I wasn't in love with him! I just met this guy about 45 minutes ago and knew nothing about him. And what does he mean by hiding? I'm not hiding anything! I hope he doesn't think I am one of those homouals because I am not. He's the devil! I bet he casted a spell on me or something because I would never allow a guy to touch me like that or have an urge to kiss them while they are sleeping.

 

"I am not a homoual. I don't know what you are thinking about me. I like girls. I have and always will. Please don't get the wrong idea because I kissed you... er, let you kiss me!" My voice was all wavery and I couldn't speak without stuttering. He finally smiled at me and that did it. I felt like I was going to hurl over the seat, I had butterflies so bad. My hands started becoming clammy and I started sweating. What the hell is this guy doing to me?

 

"Okay. Believe what you will. Well, this is my stop. It was nice meeting you. I don't think I'll ever see you again because I'm moving overseas tomorrow. I just took this bus to go back to school and clean out. Good luck on your future!"

 

And with that he was gone. I watched him walk away from the bus as it pulled off and for some reason I felt like he was walking away with a piece of my heart. Strangely enough, that kiss felt so normal. I sank into my seat feeling a sense of loneliness creeping over me. How can I feel lonely with just meeting one person? It was like I had known that person for years and learned they were moving away to another country forever. The rest of my school day was a blur and I went to bed that night thinking about what happened that morning. 

 

Lee Sungyeol. Lee Sungyeol. Lee Sungyeol. Who are you? Why did I meet you? What does this mean about me?
 

For some strange reason I had a feeling I would find out soon. Just not in the way that I was expecting to. Miracles always happen in unexpected ways so maybe this was a sign that something good would happen soon. I just hoped for the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Omg okay so this beginning was so crappy. Forgive my grammar mistakes for I did this in a hurry during 4th period. I am not that good a writer so some feedback would be appreciated! And please comment! I need to know how to make it better XD Thanks for reading!