love bites

INFINITE - MyungYeol short stories

008 love bites

MyungSoo finds some strange marks on his neck he has no idea where they come from.


 

MyungSoo stared with furrowed eyebrows at his own reflection in the mirror, a blue towel was draped around his shoulders, his hair damp from showering.

"What's this?" He mumbled confused. The visual wiped the mirror clean of fog to see if his eyes weren’t deceiving him but no it was there...he started to rub at the different spots on his neck, the other one bigger than the other which had appeared out of nowhere...or so he thought…

 

The door of the bathroom opened and a tall handsome guy came inside, only wearing red boxershorts. The taller yawned loudly, taking a piss just next to MyungSoo. The visual wasn’t even shocked that someone came barging in the bathroom without even knocking.

In earlier days they were all used to that by living with 6 other guys in one dorm and having  only one bathroom so they all had seen each other multiple times . Some even walked around around the dorm…. Now the situation got better living with 3 others (WooHyun, SungJong and SungYeol). However…he wasn’t in the dorm at this moment.

The visual tried not to stare at his friend and instead focused his attention back on those spots on his neck yet it didn’t matter how long he glared at those...they wouldn’t disappear.

MyungSoo got startled when suddenly a kiss was pressed on his shoulder, he didn’t even see that the taller had moved behind him. He looked right into the doe-eyes of his lover who smiled widely at his reflection. MyungSoo wanted to turn around to get his morning-kiss but the tall man already retreated out of the bathroom with a laugh, leaving a slightly pouting MyungSoo alone.

 

After MyungSoo was done in the bathroom and he had given up on trying to find out where those marks came from, he went inside the hotel-room seeing that his best friend had crawled back under the covers.

“Are you going to stay all day in bed?” MyungSoo asked while gathering the clothes from him and SungYeol they hastily removed last night when entering the hotel-room and placed them on the bed that wasn’t even slept in.

The dark-haired guy peeked from under the covers and nodded in response. “I am staying in bed all day,” he confirmed “thanks to you I’m tired from last night.”

"Ya!" Red crept on MyungSoo's face and he stared at SungYeol who tried his best not to laugh but that all went to vain when MyungSoo said the next words: "It's me who should crawl under the covers instead...After what you did to me all night" he mumbled the last part softly but SungYeol heard it and got a smug smile on his face until he saw the glare MyungSoo gave him.

“I’m sorry, are you alright?” SungYeol then asked, sitting up as he cared about the other’s well-being. MyungSoo continued to glare at him as response.”Just wait until I get my hands on you, you won’t be able to walk for real.” SungYeol smiled happily with that answer. “I look forward to that!”

Before MyungSoo could retort something else, his cheeks red, the taller disappeared back under the covers. The visual took a deep breath, shaking his head with a smile. He continued to grab clothes for the day from his backpack. He wanted to stay in bed with SungYeol and just enjoy each other all day but before he could do that, he needed breakfast to get some new energy.

“Do you want something to eat, Yeollie?” There was some mumbling from the other which MyungSoo didn’t catch. “What?” MyungSoo asked and with a lot of reluctance SungYeol showed himself again. “I said get me some coffee.” MyungSoo nodded and then turned around to leave the bedroom, having breakfast with SungJong and Hoya and a little later he returned back to the room with a cup of hot coffee for his boyfriend who accepted it with a big thankful gummy smile...

 

A couple days passed and while they were back in their own dorm, the spots were still apparent on MyungSoo's neck but now it seemed they had moved, the visual started to worry that he actually had gotten some disease and he urgently needed to check up on this yet he didn’t dare to say this to a manager.

"SungYeol?" He yelled and walked inside his own bedroom, a startled SungYeol sat immediately up whose backside hit the mattress and groaned, falling back down. MyungSoo grinned, satisfied by his revenge he got.

"What is it?" SungYeol asked and stared at MyungSoo who pointed to his neck. "We have to go to the doctor."

SungYeol frowned dumbfounded. "Why?" He couldn’t really understand why his lover needed a doctor as the visual didn’t seem sick at all.

MyungSoo pointed again to his neck to make it clear to SungYeol what was the matter. "I think I have some skin-problem."

SungYeol kept frowning but to make MyungSoo happy he nodded and got back under the covers, rubbing his backside soothingly. "Okay, make an appointment for tomorrow and I'll go with you."…

 

"So…” the doctor stared from MyungSoo to SungYeol. The two went disguised to the doctor they always went to.  SungYeol was sitting in a chair in front of the desk from the doctor while MyungSoo sat on the examine table and had removed his scarf. “...what are you here for?"

MyungSoo pointed resolutely to his neck. “This!” He said a little panicked. The doctor came closer to inspect MyungSoo’s neck and he mumbled something SungYeol heard, making the taller shuffle around in his chair, looking down and playing nervously with his fingers when he got the thing what the doctor had said. The doctor coughed, standing up, glancing at SungYeol who looked so guilty the doctor immediately understood the situation, he hold back a grin but turned to the youngest.

“Are you seeing someone, Mr. Kim?” MyungSoo gaped at the doctor who only looked friendly to him. MyungSoo bit his lip in thoughts, controlling himself not to look at the person in question. Doctors are bound by a strict duty of confidentiality, so whatever he said it will be kept within these walls. “I am.” He whispered softly and the doctor nodded once to confirm that he had heard MyungSoo.

“The reason why I asked this is because I can’t help you with what you have on your neck, it isn’t something curable by medicine” MyungSoo stared wide-eyed to the doctor. “W-w-what? Not curable? Am I dying?” The doctor started laughing at how cute and innocent MyungSoo was but when he saw that MyungSoo was really freaking out he got back serious.

"It's a love bite, mr. Kim, you should tell your partner to be more careful the next time."

MyungSoo blinked confused, slowly digesting the information and when he did his eyes immediately focused on SungYeol who started blushing madly. ”Thank you doctor for explaining.” MyungSoo’s voice was calm but inside his head he’s cursing SungYeol for letting him go through this. The doctor headed to his desk with a smile and gave SungYeol a pat on his back who immediately jumped startled up, turning to MyungSoo. “I’m sorry MyungSoo-yah.”  before MyungSoo could say something on the taller’s apology, SungYeol already ran out of the door with a red head, leaving the visual behind by the doctor who pretended he didn’t hear anything, writing down some cream to make the marks lessen.

 

A couple weeks later

 

SungYeol yawned and walked to the bathroom from the hotel-room, glancing at himself in the mirror but then stopping to stare at the marks on his neck. He slowly touched it and then yelled angrily. “Ya! Kim MyungSoo!”

MyungSoo who was laying in the bed smiled happily to himself while touching the marks SungYeol made by him: love bites.

 


A/N : At first this was a drabble I wrote to my friend as an answer to something but then my imagination turned it into this.
Short story this time thus I dropped it here, enjoy?! Comments are encouraged for every story. Thank you for reading!