will you miss me?

INFINITE - MyungYeol short stories

007 will you miss me?

SungYeol has to leave for Belize (law of the jungle) 
MyungSoo asks him if the other will miss him but never got his reply, also this is a warning to never use the internet on your phone while being in another country.


“Will you miss me?”

SungYeol turned around with a scoff, looking at his best friend who was lying in his bed half- as it was hot outside and SungGyu who didn’t want the air conditioner on in the bedroom - he nagged a lot that it was too cold, even when he was almost never in the bedroom, only to sleep, too busy talking to WooHyun about some stuff behind closed doors-  made the others (now it was only MyungSoo as SungJong was out, sleeping somewhere else) suffer who was almost melting.

His black eyes were on the taller who was lying on the floor, reading a book he got from a fan about monkeys. MyungSoo scanned SungYeol’s body, the other’s long legs stretched out, only wearing sweatpants, his body now slightly turned towards him and MyungSoo did his best to not stare at SungYeol’s torso while he saw SungYeol closing the book, one finger held between the page where he stopped to look at the younger.

“Why would I miss you?”

MyungSoo did his best to look in SungYeol’s eyes, shrugging.  “I don’t know…”

SungYeol watched him before a smile broke free on his face and he shook his head. “No, I’ll be glad I’ll be gone for some weeks, finally getting rid of all of you.”

With this answer MyungSoo threw his pillow at SungYeol and hit the target well; SungYeol whined while he pulled the pillow of his face. “Why was that for?” He shouted and glared at the younger who stared back. “You’re an idiot.”

The older laughed in response and threw the pillow back to MyungSoo who wasn’t really attentive, spacing out about stuff that surprisingly the taller got his revenge and started laughing only harder when he saw how dumb the younger looked right now.

MyungSoo hissed when he realized what happened and jumped off of the bed, almost falling over his own feet but he managed to stand upright and continued attacking SungYeol who fell on his back but didn’t stop laughing as he had seen how MyungSoo almost had tripped. The younger jumped on SungYeol and soon they were wrestling, kicking and pushing each, rolling on the floor.

SungYeol got MyungSoo in a headlock but MyungSoo succeeded to get free and the roles were now reversed.  “MyungSoo, stop,” SungYeol panted hard as he tried to get free but MyungSoo was much stronger than him.

Said male’s competitive side subsided and grinned while he pushed SungYeol on his back and got on top of him. “The truth,” he said softly, staring deep in the other’s eyes.

SungYeol who at first didn’t understand what the younger meant, stared back and let out a sigh between panting when he understood what MyungSoo wanted. “I-“

“What the hell is that noise!” SungGyu came barging in the room and when he saw what happened he shook his head while looking around now the redecorated room.

“Are you trying to get us removed from this floor?” He asked and judged them with eyes being very small (smaller than usual). “ I don’t think another apartment is available, so keep it down!” He continued before walking to his bed to get ready to sleep.

“By the way,” he turned around to face the taller. “SungYeol, go back to your own room,” he said and waited for the other to make a move.

“Can’t he sleep h-” MyungSoo started but SungGyu shook his head, interrupting him.
 “I don’t want to sleep ever again in a room where there’s the two of you.” He shuddered with the memories of them talking all night long or messaging with each other on KakaoTalk, not knowing if they were gossiping about him or not.

“Then, you go sleep with WooH-.” SungYeol retorted and got as a result a plastic bottle (good thing it was empty) against his face.

“Get out!” SungGyu shouted angrily, fed up with them both.

SungYeol sighed and sat up, looking at MyungSoo who stared back.

“I’ll sleep with SungYeol.” MyungSoo informed them both and already got up to grab his pillow and blanket, not even getting an approval from SungYeol but again the older bursted MyungSoo’s bubble. “You stay here.”

“But, he’ll leave tomorrow morning and-“ SungGyu shook resolute his head. “No.”

The taller got up with a small smile and headed towards the door. “Good night MyungSoo, see you in three weeks.” He heard SungGyu mumbling something but he didn’t listen and walked outside.

MyungSoo couldn’t sleep that night, the fact that SungYeol would be leaving tomorrow morning and that he didn’t hear SungYeol’s reply kept him awake all night. He eventually fell asleep at some point and when he woke up (WooHyun shaking him awake) he jumped out of bed and headed to SungYeol’s room, only to see that the latter wasn’t there anymore, already gone to Belize…

“Why didn’t you wake me up.” He shouted, running to the kitchen where WooHyun was on his phone, tweeting to the taller. “We tried…” WooHyun said, not looking up from his phone. “…more exactly SungYeol tried but you didn’t wake up thus he left.” MyungSoo cursed and sulked the whole morning about this.

Somewhere deep in the jungle, a pop-up showed up on someone’s screen.

“Yeollie”

“Answer me.”

“Where are you?”

“It’s been weeks.”                                                                                                                                      

SungYeol fell down on his air mattress and breathed heavily, this day had been hard, like all the other days before. He took his phone to relax and play a game when Kakao popped up, revealing that that idiot back in South Korea messaged him.

“I’m here.”

“Finally!”

SungYeol snorted and rolled his eyes, not that the other would know about this.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, I just wanted to talk to you and know how you are doing.”

SungYeol smiled, he missed to talk to MyungSoo but also he had been too busy to actually think about messaging the others.

"I’m good, you? How are things there?”

MyungSoo sighed and looked at SungGyu who was fervently messaging, cheeks red in anger. Should he tell SungYeol about the things that happened? He knew this would make SungYeol worried, besides the storm would pass, he was sure of it.

“The usual, nothing…special.”

                                                                                                                                                                     “That’s good.” 

SungYeol made himself comfortable on the air bed, ready to sleep when another message popped up.

“I never got your reply.”

SungYeol blinked tiredly at his screen. What reply? He checked the chat-screen and scrolled up but even months back (he stopped at January – they chat a lot on KakaoTalk) there never was a question from MyungSoo he still had to answer. He sighed and tried to think what MyungSoo meant, his eyes falling closing while thinking…

“Are you asleep?”

“Wake up, it’s only 5pm.”

“Wait that’s here…how late is it there?”

“I checked, it’s 2 am, wow, 15 hours difference…good night.~^^”

 

SungYeol woke up and read the messages with a smile before closing KakaoTalk, seeing he got a message from his provider. His eyes grew big and he started cursing with the announcement.
 “Your used internet-data is now  450.000 KRW.

 

“What the hell, I was using Wi-Fi!” He cursed and Byun Man who passed by, laughed.  “There’s no Wi-Fi in the jungle, SungYeol.”

SungYeol blinked when that realization hit him. “,” he cursed.

The next evening when he got some time to relax, he immediately opened KakaoTalk.

“You owe me 450.000 KRW.”

“What the hell? What are you saying?”

“YOU OWE ME 450.000 KRW.”

“I’ve read it the first time, Yeol…why?”

“Because of you I used my Internet on the phone and now have to pay.”

“and…that’s my fault?”

“Yes.”

“It’s not, you shouldn’t have answered me.”

“ you, I hate you.”

SungYeol knew MyungSoo was right because it was only this high (the charged money) as SungYeol fell asleep with KakaoTalk the whole time open + being in a different country…

“I know you do…I love you too.”

“…”

“Close this and think about what I asked.”

“Again that…why is that so important?”

“Think about it. See you in a week. Bye.”

SungYeol had so much he wanted to say to that idiot of best friend but he didn’t want to spend more money and just closed the app, ignoring the other for the rest of the days, well he had too much to do anyway, to even go on his phone and think about what MyungSoo said or wanted to know.

 

The day he arrived back in Korea, all his fansites were waiting for him and he smiled happily, even when he was dead tired and wished to go home as fast as possible, he gave the girls his best smile before his manager ushered him to the van to get back home, telling him shortly about the things that happened the past month.

SungYeol nodded, only hearing the most important things.
In a week the comeback would happen, that meant only for some hours he could relax.

The minute he opened the door of the apartment, all the members were waiting for him with a big banner “Welcome home, SungYeol.”

SungYeol had to swallow hard as he didn’t want to cry while receiving hugs from everyone, MyungSoo being the last person to hug him.  

When MyungSoo hugged him, that’s when SungYeol realized how much he had missed the other and he started crying. “I missed you,” he whispered softly in MyungSoo’s neck so only the younger could hear it.
MyungSoo only tightened his grip even more, a big smile on his face as he finally got his answer. “I missed you too.”


A/N: Anyone up for a sequel? I feel like it's not really finished but still I'm satisfied.
What do you guys think?
Thank you for reading <3