Chapter 6

If I were a fairy

Standing in front of the mirror, I smiled to myself as I saw my new hairstyle. Donghae had gotten a wig for me, with the silly excuse of, "I feel like I'm balding,", making his mother think he was crazy or something. So anyway, Donghae stuck the wig on my head and spun me around.

"Hey watch out there!" I snapped as I felt him tug on my hair.

Looking at me purposefully, he held the tiny bunch of dark, brown hair between his fingers. Holding it against the light brown wig, my natural hair colour stood out even though they were both brown. I waited as he lifted the wig up and replaced it on my head, making sure that every bit of my long hair was out of sight.

"So thats settled, Ice Princess," he smiled cheekily. I raised my hand to whack him, but thought the better of it. What he's doing is illegal; if both of us get caught, he will be in deep trouble. There and then, I told myself, if I ever got found out, I would never reveal Donghae. It was at that moment that I knew, what we were doing were horribly dangerous. A sudden wave of fear rushed over me and I tore the wig from my head. Flinging it away, I threw myself on the bed and sobbed.

"Donghae..." I cried. "I can't do this."

My bed creaked and I felt Donghae sit down next to me. He bent down and stuck his face next to mine.

"Aren't chickening out are you?"

I looked away.

"I guess not," he chuckled. "Look here Sica, I know you want this so bad. And I'm not going to let you quit. You want it, right?"

Oh gosh the guy knows me so well.

"Sica, I'm willing to help, even if I might die." Donghae said seriously. Sitting up, I brought my knees to my chest and sighed.

"But Donghae, what about Taeyeon and Sunny? I can't sing without them..."

Donghae smiled. "I'm sure they'll support you, they will understand your circumstances. They're both very nice girls, do you know that?"

Stupid fish. Of course I know. I looked Donghae in the eye for the first time since I took the wig off.

"Thanks..." I muttered.

"No problem," he grinned. "So are we going to continue today?" he asked.

I shook my head.

"I think I'll go over to Sunny's." I replied, wanting to put off the dreaded transformation.

"Then I'll go with you." Donghae said simply, before pulling the both of us to our feet. Pulling on his jacket, he tossed me mine and together, we walked off towards Sunny's house, his arm around my shoulder throughout the whole journey.