Meeting

If I were a fairy

So we're hiding up in the tree, praying for a miracle. Like a hovercraft appears out of the air and plucks us out of the tree magically, teleporting us to some sort of gummy bear land. But no such luck.

We hear footsteps. Donghae slides down deftly, a finger to his lips as he glances back at us. Descending carefully, the tree branches begin to conceal his body. I wait to hear him land on the ground with the usual soft thump, but instead I realise that his footsteps are getting louder. He soon reappears, much to my dismay.

"Get outta here, its Leeteuk and Sungmin!" he gasps.

Sunny, Taeyeon or I did not need to be super geniuses to know that Leeteuk and Sungmin were about to discover our existence in a tree.

"Gosh they'd think we're mad' I think to myself. What could you say if you were strolling in the forest one day, and then you decided to climb a tree and then you saw three random girls?

But obviously it was too late. I mentally cursed Donghae for not being smart enough to lure the two guys away. The duo arrived and hoisted themselves up onto the branches around us.

"So... whats this all about Hae, running off to meet girls?" the black haired guy said. The other one smiled. He had brown hair and nice dimples.

"By way of friendly greeting, Sungmin here has decided to be bluntly sarcastic." he jokes. Taeyeon laughs while Sunny looks weirdly amused.

Sungmin bowed slightly, not looking at anyone but Leeteuk and Donghae. Leeteuk smacks him in the head before chortilng nervously.

"Well yeah, he's kind of shy..."

Awkward silence. Its the moment where you feel like erupting in bouts of laughter but the situation is completely inappropriate.

Silence for a few more seconds.

Then ridiculous snorts.

And finally, Sunny collapsing against the tree trunk, killing herself laughing. Trust me, she nearly fell out of the tree but Sungmin sort of got over his shyness and grabbed a hold of her.

"Sorry guys, I mean, thinking about this meeting is just so random..." she smirked, between snorts of laughter. "Its like the president walking up to you in a tutu and inviting you to dance the tango with him..." At that, Taeyeon must have lost it because she, too, burst out in her deep ahjumma laugh.

Leeteuk was the next to give in to the idiotic laughters. His laugh was high and weird, like a dolphin's. His and Taeyeon's laugh completely contrasted each others, one laughed with a sickeningly high giggle (heeheehee), the other with a low and deep one (hawhawhaw).

They say laughter is contagious. They're right. Sungmin, Donghae and I burst out laughing too.

Thats how our first meeting with the boys went. An idiotic meeting filled with childish laughters, one that would be etched in my mind for years to come.