Four

Strange Feelings (A Love Story)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

            He felt like death. Absolute death. And in his black sweatshirt, the hood fastened and swallowing his pale skin, he knew he rather looked like it too. Why the hell did he drink so much last night? His head hurt so bad, it was like someone was crushing it in a vice; his stomach, restlessly turning circles.

            It was the longest walk home ever. Even though they lived close, SHINee’s dorm may as well have been in South America for how far it seemed to take in his state. Joon had offered to drive him—that is, until he passed out. No, there was no way he could get him back, nor would Jinki risk putting one drunk person behind the wheel in order to get another drunk person back home.

            “Oh, my god—what the happened to you?” Trust Kibum to always be right on top of things. He was already at the door, arms crossed and eyes glaring. “You really ought to be more careful, old man. Can’t control your alcohol—?” Key stopped short as soon as Onew collapsed into his frame. “Silly appa…” he muttered then, though unsmiling as he picked the leader off of the floor and helped him into bed. “Tch. It’s your own fault, really…”

            “I know,” he muttered, scrunching his eyes so that he could avoid the afternoon light breaking through the window.

            "Well I hope it was worth it. Seems you had quite a good time..."

            This was said with so much skepticism and hidden judgement that Jinki thought it best not to answer at all. Even if he were completely sober, he wouldn't know how to answer him.

            "I hope you didn't get yourself in any kind of... trouble, hyung."

            He knew what he meant. He knew exactly what he meant. Their den-mother was ever faithful to keep the members in check, even if they were older than he was. "Don't worry, Bummie. I didn't cause any scandals. No drugs, no pending babies, no lewd public acts." Those were the big three, right? He stayed away from all danger zones completely.

          Seeing this, Kibum sighed and pulled the curtain, darkening the hue of the room considerably. “All right then. Just rest. I’ll get you some aspirin. Anything else you want?”

            “Chicken…” Jinki whined. “Greasy, greasy chicken.”

            The younger chuckled then, and said something below his breath, but Onew was too out of it to properly hear him.

            What did I do last night? I can’t remember. Not really…

            He had the strangest feeling that he had though. At least, that he messed around with someone. But… there weren’t any girls with him last night. He’d remember that. And he wouldn’t have been able to lie to Kibum if that were the case anyway. So, what the hell? It was only him and Changsun all night. Just them…

            WTF? Did I—? Did we—?

            That just didn’t seem like something either one of them one would do. Not really.

            Well, maybe. Er… probably?

            Oh my god—

            They did. They did! How the hell could have allowed himself to mess around with Joonie? How was that possible? He didn’t feel anything for him at all—not like that. And he was sure Joon didn’t feel that way about him either.

             Then again, he did sleep with Minho… is Joonie gay for me? His eyes opened, full-alert. Did I actually have with him!?

            He immediately fumbled with his phone, texting the awkward words: “Are we one person now?”

            He’d understand it, right? He’d know what he meant. 

            Waiting, waiting. Apparently, time also passed by slowly when waiting to hear if you mistakenly ed your best friend or not.

            “Hyung, are you in here?” he heard just then, even the soft timbre of Taemin’s voice causing him to freak out. “Oh—did I scare you?”

            Onew motioned for him to come in the room. “It’s okay~ what’s up, Taeminnie? Everything okay?”

            “Hm? Me? I’m okay, hyung. How are you?”

            He forced a smile. “Just a head ache, is all. It’ll go away soon.”

            “Umma said you got ‘-faced.’ ”

            “Did he now? You shouldn’t talk like that—even though you’re right.”

            Taemin was giggling now. “Out with someone special last night? Someone I know?”

            “What? No, Minnie, nothing like that…”

            “Oh…” his voice dropped, as if disappointed. “Well, you know I certainly wouldn’t object if you had some… er… fun on the side.”

            Dear Taemin, always weird and sweet in your own way.

            “Ah? Well, thanks for that,” he replied, trying his best to show his gratitude with an eye-smile that hurt like hell to give. He really wanted to sleep, but was far too anxious waiting for Joonie’s text. Even looking at Taemin now—god, he’d done something with him while stupidly unaware also. In fact, all the things he’d done with Taemin… what the hell was wrong with him, sleeping around with the guys he was supposed to be closest to? He wasn’t like that—that wasn’t him. At least, he really didn’t want it to be…

            “Taemin,” he said in a more earnest voice than before.

            “Hm? Yes, hyung? Can I get you something?”

            “I’m just—I just want you to be happy. You know that, right?”

            “Of course,” he grinned innocently. “Without you, I would have never got Minho to confess. Ever.”

            Onew smothered a laugh. He was probably right. Minho was too stubborn and given in ways. He’d probably die with all his secrets memorialized in shameless if Taemin hadn’t give him the inspiration needed to come out. “Well, that’s good then. You and Minho-goon are happy, yes?”

            Taemin’s cheeks flushed a bit. “It’s weird to… to talk about it.”

            “You guys are really cute together. And Kibum with Jonghyunnie? Ah… I don’t think things’ll be the same around here now.”

            “They’ll be the same,” replied

Please log in to read the full chapter