Admission

Strange Feelings (A Love Story)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

admission: 1 a statement acknowledging the truth of something. 2 the process or fact of entering or being allowed to enter a place, organization, or institution.

*

Hooray, Unnie had some inspiration to write this chapter even with the hiatus~! You guys gave me the encouragement to continue. I appreciate you all so much. So... think of it as a little 'thank you' offering. I hope you like it (please~ let me know if you do...). *bites lip nervously* I know you've been looking forward to it a long time. BTW, I couldn't help but imagine the AMiGO MV while writing some parts of it. haha I'm sure you'll understand why!  :D  

Oh, and just like in the FFC chat, Minho's thoughts are in blue and Taemin's, red, so it will hopefully be less confusing. 

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

            , who is that girl? She looks a little like Tae... is that the same girl?? Just a little closer—maybe I can see her face... Crazy Shawols everywhere! Doesn’t she see me? I’m Choi Minho~ doesn’t she care?

            Nod. “Hi, hi~”

            Look at me. Let me see your face... Wait, where’s she going?

            “Hello~ yes, I’ll sign this for you.”

            Quick sig. Nod again, several times.

            How am I going to lose this crowd?

            He tried to follow her, but that girl was fast. Long-gone by now, lost somewhere deep in the maze of booths and lanterns. 

            Why was he chasing her? Her. What was he doing? It was like some weird magnetic force he did not understand. He felt compelled to keep going. Maybe it was just his incessant need for perfectionism, to not be upper-handed by anyone. In other words, pride? He just wanted—needed to see her face. Just once. Look at the face of the girl who caused him, if only for a second or two, to question himself completely.

            I got to find her...

            Suddenly—

            “Hello, you people~!”

            WTF? Key?

            Key’s waving; fans, circling. Jonghyun also? He's pointing at people and smiling. They're all rushing over now. They do a bit of fanservice—a silly aegyo heart gesture over their heads. Shawols are going nuts. Cameras and phones flashing. Fangirlies swooning.

            What the hell are they doing here?

            The fans' attention was now shifting. Minho saw, out of the corner of his eye, a hand waving him closer. Some guy in a face-swallowing bear-eared hoodie and face-mask beckoning him over, farther away from the cumbersome crowd that JongKey seemed to be purposely gathering—

            Jinki-hyung!? Minho surprised even himself with this quick realization. Why are they all here?

            Onew was motioning him to come to him. “Come on~” Jinki called in a secretive, hushed tone.

            Minho immediately went towards him and followed him, hand in hand, to a secondary atrium that sat at the side-exit of the Art Center. It didn’t seem anyone had followed them.

            “Hyung, what are doing you here?” Minho asked once they were able completely alone.

            “What, can’t I come out for a festival like you?”

            “Er... yeah. I guess.”

            “Aren’t you looking for someone?”

            “Huh?”

            Holy hell, I totally forgot about BananaLove. ! I’m such a loser—wait... he wouldn't know about that... is he talking about her?

            “I saw you staring at that girl... I know where she is.”

            This was only getting weirder. “Hyung... am I missing something here?”

            “You’re about to. She’s in the exhibit right now—go and find her.”

            Minho thought it over a second. What do I do? I don’t even know where the kid would be... what if he was in that crowd? Let him be entertained by hyungs awhile, I guess. Just until I talk to this girl...

            “We’ll talk about this later,” Minho finally replied, and as he did, Onew took off his mask and put it over Minho’s head, sliding it down to cover the lower half of his face. "We have a lot to talk about actually..."

            "Later, like you said. For now," said Jinki, handing his donsaeng a ballcap that he'd brought with him, "be a little clandestine. You’ll have better results.”

            Minho nodded and put the cap on his head (which did wonders to hide his small face), smiled at his caring leader, then made his way to the door.

           Inside the exhibit there was still a modest gathering, but no one really seemed to recognize him. He searched the first floor freely, then the second. Where was she? He went to the third floor then, searching in vain until finally, he saw a young woman’s form sitting in front of an oversized painting of yellow sunflowers against a blue backdrop. That tall, slender build of hers—yes, this was the same girl. He was sure of it now.

            She wasn't really moving, and her breathing was slow. Staring, staring. Meditatively. Collectively. Her hands folded delicately over her knees (from what he could see). Looking at her this way was enough, for some reason, to make him blush. He had no idea what was going on in his brain or body. Had he seriously just checked her out?

            This girl is ing me up! Now what do I do? What the hell do I say? I’m in over my head here...

            Suddenly, he decided to go for it—

            “Um... excuse me...?” he started, awkward and shy. Nervous...

            No response.

           

            Taemin knew it was Minho by the treble in his tone. 

            Oh my god, he found me! He actually followed me?! ! What do I do? If I turn around, he’ll know it’s me...

 

            Wha? Maybe she didn’t hear me...

             Minho slid the muffling mask from his mouth and tried again: “I don’t mean to bother you, but do I know you?”

            What if BananaLove is a cross-dresser? he thought suddenly. It certainly wasn't out of the question, right? It wasn't that unusual. I hadn’t even considered—perhaps the girl and BananaLove are the same?

           

            “Um,” Taemin tried to say in his most convincing falsetto-thrown voice, still refusing to turn around, “no, I don’t think so.”

            “Are you—a lover of bananas?”

            WTF?

           

           WTF?

            “What?”

 

            “I mean—er... you’re not... do you have a nickname perhaps? Like... ‘BananaLove’ maybe?”

            A pause.

            Tae really didn’t know how to react now. He wanted to talk to Minho, but what would he say—or think—if he knew the truth? That the person who’d been reading his 2Min was the very person he was writing about?

            “That name sounds familiar...” 

            “Do you know who I am?” Minho asked.

            “2Min_Dreamer?” was Tae's shaky reply.

            It was weird to hear aloud. “Yeah... that’s me. BananaLove?”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter