Stuck

Strange Feelings (A Love Story)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

            Two flights of stairs never seemed so long to scale. Not after such atomic things had been revealed between two unsuspecting people. Even as they jotted up the stairs at a hurried pace, Taemin could not stop looking at Minho’s hand on his. Sure, he’d held his hand before, but this seemed so much different now. So much different.

            He blushed, thankful he was lagging behind Minho’s fast legs so that his hyung couldn’t see it.

            When they got up to the fifth and final floor it was even more empty than what Taemin had first discovered, so that absolutely no one noticed the strange couple—a tall boy in a hat leading his supposed-girlfriend by the hand—as they entered the men’s restroom in a remote, and apparently not often frequented, section of the exhibit. There was no one to notice them. It was as if they were completely alone—which suited them perfectly.

            “Holy !” was the first thing that Minho said, now gawking and staring at Taemin unreservedly. “Holy ~!”

            “Is that all you can think of to say?” he kind of chuckled here.

            “It’s just—what.the., Minnie?” Minho continued to investigate Taemin’s disguise carefully. “It really is you! I... I don’t even know where to start...”

            He cleared his throat. He wanted to be collected. This was their shining moment, after all—right? He needed to be calm, even if he were to be rejected... “Let’s start with this. Right here,” he said, easily, gesturing his hand back and forth to insinuate them both.

            Minho nodded. “You are—you are honestly the most beautiful girl I have ever seen...” He cheeks got a little red here, then tried to recover by way of a nervous laugh. “Damn, you had me thinking I wasn’t gay for a second.”           

            “I know... you told me this before. Remember? Online.”

            Red cheeks again. Minho suddenly hid his face. “I cannot believe...”

            “Hyung... are you embarrassed?”

            “Aren’t you?”

            “Erm... well, it’s still you and me... it’s still you and me.”

            “We—we both have a very peculiar 'past time.' What does this mean?”

            “What do you think it means?”

            He shook his head. “This is just so much information to wrap my head around. So... you knew all along?”

            “Ani,” he shook his head. “Just... long enough.”

            All the information was started to come back to Minho like a tsunami. His eyes dilated with panic. “Wait—what do mean you were with another guy last night? Were you...” he gulped. “You and... hyung?”

            There was no escaping it. “Yes. Me and Jinki-hyung.”

            Taemin could see the paleness in Minho’s face and felt awful for being the cause of it. But what could he do? He never wanted to lie to him again.

            “Well...” he sniffed, uncontrollably, “you two are dating, right?”

            “No, hyung. We’re not dating.” Taemin’s voice was flat; he felt terrible about the deception, regardless of its still-unseen affect.

            “Bwo?! But I thought—”

            He shook his head. “We’re not dating,” he repeated, “and we never were. I’m sorry.”

            “You... you guys lied to me?”

            “Yes.”

            “Wae?”

            “To... to make you jealous... Minho-ah, please don’t be mad at Jinki-hyung. You can take it out on me.”      

            Minho was quiet for a moment, then a moment more. He wasn’t looking at Taemin anymore, which made the maknae increasingly nervous. “But—why were you in my bed??”

            “I... I don’t know why hyung was in your bed, but I—I’ve been sleepwalking since you left...”

            Minho turned back to face him and patted him on the head. “Minnie, you’ve been sleepwalking longer than that. Don’t you know?”

            “Hm? What do you mean?”

            His eyes softened a little here. “I’d say it’s at least twice a month that you end up in my room; but I always carry you back to your own bed.”

            Taemin was touched. “Chinchaa~? I had no idea... I’m sorry. I don’t know why I do that.”

            “I don’t mind. I think it’s cute.”

            “You—you look after me even when I’m sleeping...”

            “I told you I’d look out for you always, didn’t I?” he said through a nervous smile.

            Now it was Taemin’s turn to blush.

            “I still can’t believe you’re BananaLove... though it all makes perfect sense now.”

            “ ‘2Min_Dreamer’?” Taemin giggled. “I think we have a lot to talk about, Minho-hyung... a lot.”

 

* * * 

 

            “Did he buy it?” Key asked Jinki once they were quietly reunited. It had been a good hour, maybe two, since they split up. The plan was simple enough: get Minho to Taemin at all costs. Well, save for spilling Taemin’s secret—that had to come from his own mouth, not theirs.

            Onew nodded and gave a soft smile. “He’s been in there the whole time. They both have. They must have found each other.”

            “Ho-ly , I’d like to be a fly on the wall for that conversation,” Jonghyun laughed, his energy soaring.

            Key slapped his shoulder. “You just stay out of it. Let the kids figure things out on their own.”

            “Wa? I didn’t even do anything, Bummie~” he whined.

            Jinki couldn’t help but chortle here.

            “What’s so funny, hyung?” they asked almost at the same time.

            “Oh nothing... just that seeing everyone together makes me happy.” He gave one of his heartwarming eye-smiles. “It’s how it should be; one happy family.”

            “So... then we can go then?” Jjong asked. “Right? Let’s go get ‘2min’ and go home...”

            But Onew only shook his head disapprovingly. “We can’t do that.”

            “Wae wae?”           

            “You don’t expect Minho and Taemin to come to the dorm do you? Not like this... even if Minho wasn’t going to go to his parents’ for the last night of his break, what do you think they’d do at home? They can’t talk openly there, and they certainly won’t—”

            “Lalala laaa... that’s enough~” Key sang, stuffing his ears with his fingers. Clearly, he didn’t want to hear details.

            “Bummie~” Jjong teased, putting an arm around Kibum’s waist. “Does that give you any ideas??”

            “Jesus, you are so ing !” said his lover, as quietly as he could, so that even Jinki could only make out some of it (though it was kinda obvious what was going on between them in that moment—Jjong was definitely wanting to get home for a reason). “So, appa,” Key continued, shifting his direction back again. “What’s your plan? How long should we stay here?”

            “We have to stay till we’re sure.”

            “Sure of what? That they’re done... talking?”

            “Ande. We can’t leave until we’re sure that they can’t come home. Got it?”

            “Bwo?! Jinki-hyung—what are you up to?”

            “Trust me: a locked room is the best thing that could happen to those two. And it’s way overdue...”

 

* * *

 

           Even though the Festival was set to go on till eleven o’cl

Please log in to read the full chapter