Eavesdropping... again

Strange Feelings (A Love Story)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

            After all was said and done, Onew slept terribly. Indeed, it didn’t seem like any of the SHINee members were going to get much sleep that night:

            “What the f—?” Key tapped Jonghyun’s shoulders as a sign for him to stop. “Quit, quit—get off me for a second,” he snapped.

            Jjong was pouting, saying “Wae, wae~?” like a spoiled little boy, trying still to kiss Kibum’s neck as he drove his body into his.

            But Key was faster than that and successfully slid from out of Jonghyun’s arms. This whole scenario seemed so familiar—but the last time he heard these noises, he thought it was Taemin and Minho, only to be told it was a girl, then the lie later revised to—

             “Oh my god, they’re really doing it in there—” he started, covering his mouth with his hand.

            “Hm? What are you talking about, Bummie?” In truth, Jonghyun really didn’t care. He only cared about one thing.

            “Ew! I can’t listen to this.”

            “What? To what!”

            “To hyung and our sweet Taebaby having—”

            He couldn’t finish.

            "I don't even hear anything. What is with your crazy good hearing, anyway?"

            Sure, it was faint, but umma-like Key had a sort of radar for this kind of thing. "Call it a -sense."

            Jonghyun giggled like a little girl. “That's funny, Bummie. Instead of 'sixth-sense'?"

            Kibum wasn't laughing.

            "Ah, let them. Who cares? They’re dating, aren’t they? Of course they’re gonna around...”

            Key threw him a stern look. “They’re not dating,” he said with a biting tone. “You still believe that?”

            “Well... yeah,” he shrugged. “They’re not? Did they break up?”

            “Please, I’m not that stupid. I bought it for awhile, but they just don’t make sense together. I think—I think hyung was doing it to make Minho-goon jealous.”

            “Why would he do that?”

            Because he did it to you and you didn’t even realize it...

            Key skirted his eyes away. “I—just a feeling.”

            “Well, if that’s the case, why are they having then? And in Minho’s room, of all places? That’s some ...”

            This he didn't know.

            What should I do? Should I go in there? Should I say something? It was a moral dilemma. Well, maybe not as “moral” as a dilemma of curiosity...

            “Oh?” Jonghyun continued. “Maybe Minho-goon’s back? ?”

            “Shut the up,” Key snapped. “That is definitely not happening in this house.”

            His lover could barely hold back his laughter. “Or...” he tried again, leaning in to grab Key’s waist from behind, burrowing his lips into Key’s neck, “maybe Taemin’s just a little er, like his umma~”

            “I’m not even going to dignify that,” he returned, sliding to the edge of the bed.

            ! His hurt. He’d been ridden raw. His legs felt like jelly.

            “I’ll be back.”

            “Not again~” the oldest whined. “Stay with me—we were having fun.”

            “We’ve been having ‘fun’ for the past five hours. I’m pretty sure I’m never going to walk again—just give me two minutes to check in on them, okay?”

            “Check in or spy?”

            Kibum’s face twisted in the dark. “Whatever, dino. Your can wait a few minutes more.” He stood up, albeit clumsily, and after putting on his robe, quietly slinked down the hall to listen more attentively to the noises coming from his donsaeng’s room.

 

* * *

 

            Taemin felt like a walking face-palm. He felt sooo stupid. How the hell could he have made such a mistake? He felt terrible for Jinki and Minho alike. He just couldn’t believe what he’d done... it was his first time, and with the wrong person completely. It was really messing with his head.

            He went directly into his room and flicked on his monitor. There was no way in hell he was going to sleep now. He’d been putting off this stupid message anyway—a message to get Minho to that Festival. How was he going to do it? Especially now that the only thing he could think about was he messed everything up...

            That’s it. An angle. It’s most certainly true, so it wouldn’t be lying... In all, Taemin wanted desperately to get to a place where there were no more lies between them. No more sneaking around. No more cause for jealousy...

 

           There was no way that Minho was still awake. He could take his time:

 

            Dear 2Min_Dreamer:

            Hello there. >_<  I’m sorry—I know you said you were against meeting, but I was hoping you’d make an exception... I think I did something really bad, and I really need someone to talk to. I feel connected with you and hoped you could just sit and talk with me in person, since we both live in Seoul. I hate to

Please log in to read the full chapter