Epilogue

Return of the boy next door
Please log in to read the full chapter

Dahyun breathed in the fresh autumn air. The azure blue sky was filled with small clouds, and the sound of laughter and crashing sea waves filled her ears. 

She was at peace.

"Dahyun-ah, come here!"

She turned her attention from the sky to the people playing at the shore.

"Mummy!" A seven-year-old girl waved with both hands up in the sky while the water reached her knees.

Dahee laughed and shook her head. Raising her brows when she saw Hongki whispered something into the girl's ears; she put down her knees that she was hugging and straightened her back to brace herself for whatever mischievous plan Hongki had in mind. 

The little girl ran as fast as she could towards Dahyun, "Dahee-ah, slow down, you're going to fall," she called out, but her child refused to listen. 

Fortunately, Dahee reached her safely, and Dahyun was soon attacked with kisses on her face, making Dahyun giggle. 

"Come play with us in the water! If not, I won't stop kissing you!" Her little voice exclaimed.

"It's not exactly very threatening. I love your kisses Dahee-ah," Dahyun trapped Dahee in her arms.

Dahee widened her eyes as if shocked at her defeat and soon started to squeal and squirm when Dahyun tickled her.

"Mummy, stop!" Dahee breathlessly exclaimed, and Dahyun stopped while wearing a grin on her lips. 

From the corner of her eyes, she could see Hongki walking over with their three-year-old son in his arms.

"I can't believe you lost Dahee," Hongki sighed as he sat down on the beach mat after putting their son down.

Dahee pouted, and Dahyun slapped his arm lightly for teasing the child. Their son walked over to Dahyun and sat on her lap. 

"It's okay, Dahee-ah. Daddy always loses to you," Dahyun comforted Dahee.

Dahee brightened up at her words, "That's right!" 

Hongki laughed and gave Dahee's cheek a soft pinch, "I always lose to you and Mummy."  

"Should we build a sandcastle instead?" Dahyun suggested.

Dahee nodded her little head vigorously with a wide grin while her son, Kihyun, was saying incoherent words. Dahyun ruffled their heads before walking over to where the sand was slightly damp and started making their sandcastle with the little sandcastle buckets they bought. 

While Dahyun was building the sandcastle with Kihyun, she felt Hongki's lips at the back of her neck and she giggled. 

"Stop it. The children are here," she whispered. 

"I can't help it," he whispered before moving back to where Dahee was to continue helping her.

Shaking her head in amusement, she shifted her focus back to her son, who was patting his tiny hands on the sandcastle. 

"Ma!" Her son exclaimed suddenly.

Dahyun smiled, "good job." 

Dahee took a lot after Hongki, and Kihyun took after her. Dahee was much more mischievous and outgoing than her little brother, and Kihyun always followed his older sister everywhere. Although they sometimes have their little arguments, they'd make up with each other within the day, and both Dahyun and Hongki made sure of that.

"Daddy, I'm hungry," Dahee said.

"Let's go eat dinner then," Hongki turned to look at Dahyun.

Dahyun went back to sitting on the beach mat when Kihyun got tired, and he fell asleep in her arms. 

Dahyun nodded, and Hongki went over to carry Kihyun. 

"Let's go wash up first," Dahyun said, and Dahee nodded and held Dahyun's hand after Dahyun folded the beach mat.

*.*.*

Please log in to read the full chapter