Chapter 10

Return of the boy next door
Please log in to read the full chapter

Dahyun had thought that the wedding plan went smoothly until the day itself. She woke up with a throbbing head, and her face grimaced. She sat up from her bed and saw that it was almost time for her alarm to ring. Turning off her alarm before it rang, she prepared herself before her parents arrived to fetch her to the salon to do her hair and make-up. 

"What time did you sleep last night?" Her mother cupped her face when Dahyun opened the door to let them in. "Goodness, you're having a fever," she gasped.

"Should we postpone the wedding?" Her father asked, frowning in worry.

"I'm fine," Dahyun waved them off, she said and took two tablets of fever reducer when her mother mentioned that he was heating up.

"Are you sure? The last time you were sick, you collapsed," her mother said.

Dahyun hummed, "I didn't know I had a fever then. At least you told me now, and I can take some medication." 

"How is it possible for you not to know that you have a fever? Doesn't your head hurt? Doesn't your body ache?" Her mother asked in concern.

Dahyun shrugged, "I'll take note. Anyway, let's go. It'll take time to do my hair and make-up. I'll take a nap there too." 

"Are you sure you want to proceed with the wedding today?" Her father asked.

"Yes, everyone already blocked the time out for us. I don't exactly want to inconvenience everyone. Plus, I don't want to plan another wedding again. It's a pain," Dahyun wrinkled her nose at the thought of the wedding planning process and shook her head. 

She'd rather walk the aisle sick than plan another wedding.

"Okay, but you better rest if you feel faint," her mother said, and Dahyun nodded. 

It took hours for her to finish preparing, and she had taken naps in between, thanks to the medication she consumed back home. 

Dahyun was sitting in a function room after she wore her wedding dress meant for the wedding ceremony. It was a sleeveless wedding gown with an open back, and she was holding a small bouquet on her lap. 

The door to the function room opened, and Dahyun raised her brows when Hongki came in with furrowed eyebrows and immediately placed a hand on her forehead.

"I heard that you were sick," he said.

"I took some fever reducer. I'm fine," Dahyun took his hand and placed it on her lap.

"Really?" He asked, his voice laced with worry.

Dahyun nodded, and he released a soft sigh.

"Okay, I'll trust you, and you don't seem to have a fever anymore," he said.

Dahyun smiled, and Hongki looked at her eyes before they fell to her bare arms.

"Are you cold? Should I get a blanket?" He asked as he gently rubbed her upper arms. 

Dahyun put the small bouquet aside and took his hands in hers. 

"I'm fine, and I'll let you know if I feel uncomfortable, so stop worrying, and let's get through this together. It's our big day today, so let's enjoy ourselves," Dahyun reassured Hongki, and her eyebrows were slightly raised.

The corners of Hongki's lips finally lifted, and he brushed her cheek with the back of his fingers. 

"I guess I have to hold back kissing you until everything ends," he said in displeasure, and Dahyun laughed.

"Yes, you do. The guests should be coming soon. Aren't you going out to welcome them?" 

Hongki shook his head. 

"Our parents said that it was okay to stay with you. They'll welcome the guests first and guide them here," he said.

Dahyun nodded understandingly, feeling energized by the fact that he'd be accompanying her through the night. 

"You're beautiful," he suddenly said as she fiddled with his fingers. 

"You look beautiful too," Dahyun said as she met his eyes. 

He blinked at her words, looking like a lost puppy, and Dahyun chuckled, "You look beautiful and handsome." 

"Well... Since I'm used to people calling me beautiful... I'll let you off," he said, and Dahyun gave him a side-eye. 

"Your confidence in yourself is certainly nice to see," she said.

Hongki chortled. The guests started entering the room while they were chatting, and both of them greeted their guests.

The greeting and wedding ceremony lasted over an hour, and the dinner reception was another two hours. By the time the reception ended and half an hour through the afterparty, Dahyun told Hongki that she'd head up to the hotel room first. The medication had worn off, and her head was spinning.

Hongki offered to accompany her to the hotel room, but she told him to entertain the guests instead. Most of the guests came from his side since he had a lot of friends. Plus, it wouldn't be considerate of them to leave the afterparty together when it was planned to celebrate their wedding ceremony. She informed her friends that she wasn't feeling well and told them to enjoy the party before going to the hotel room. 

Dahyun went to wash up before heading straight to bed without drying her hair, feeling relieved that the day had ended smoothly. 

*.*.*

Hongki felt uneasy, leaving Dahyun alone in the hotel room, so he excused himself first to check on his wife. 

"Dahyun?" He called out after entering the suite, and he saw her sleeping on the bed with her damp hair. 

Frowning at the sight, he shook her lightly to wake her up, "at least dry your hair before you sleep," he said.

He watched her stir before she opened her eyes slowly, "is the afterparty over?" 

Hongki shook his head and caressed her cheek. That was when he noticed how hot she felt, "you're having a fever again. Let's go to the hospital." 

"I'll be fine after sleeping," Dahyun said and closed her eyes again.

Hongki sighed softly at her stubbornness. At least she was still responsive. He grabbed the hairdryer and

Please log in to read the full chapter