And Then it All Came to Place

VIEW

“Siwon! Wait, I need to talk to you about something.” 

 

Super Junior was in the middle of a variety show filming as a full group when Donghae pulled the taller man to the side during their break. Siwon, who was clueless about the entire situation thinking it was just another simple question, let himself be brought over to a secluded corner of the studio where less attention was upon them.

 

“You know how you said you felt lonely sometimes?” Donghae spoke. Though surprised by the sudden topic, Siwon still let him speak. This time, he was listening more intently, seeing Donghae uneasily shifting from one foot to another.

 

“So I was thinking…” 

 

‘That can’t be good.’

 

“If you would… maybe like to join me and Sica on a double date.” 

 

‘I was right.’

 

Siwon scoffed and shook his head. “What did you say?” 

 

“I know you’re busy and this entire idol actor thing is making you somewhat on the edge but I just heard that some staff were talking about how uptight you are… And I think taking a break from all that would help.” He spoke, carefully trying to gauge the other man’s reaction.

 

Siwon scoffed, eyes wide. “And you think I can’t take a break by myself? It really has to be with a woman?”

 

“Trust me, this friend is one of the kindest people I know. She’s really pretty and smart.”

 

Siwon raised an eyebrow. “And…?”

 

“Did I forget to mention she’s a faithful worshipper of the dear Lord and goes to church every Sunday?” Donghae didn’t know if he was to sigh or celebrate when Siwon stared at him with a more interested look.

 

“The offer is tempting, but I’m really not looking for a woman right now.” Donghae groaned and bit his lip.

 

“Y’know, I was really saving this for a last resort but you’ve got to believe me, it’s really not me who wanted to do this… It was Sica.” He hung his head low and tried acting as solemn as possible. “I can’t believe I’m saying this but we already told that friend that you would be joining us and she looks forward to seeing you.”

 

Siwon’s eyes narrowed. “What?! You agreed to the entire plan without even asking me? Donghae, you don’t know what you’re getting yourself into.” He winced at every word Siwon spoke knowing that the man’s anger was only rising by the second. Still, he had no choice but to stick to his plans and the promise he told the other members. He was going to get the unmovable man with him no matter what it cost.

 

Even if it was his life.

 

“Look, you wouldn’t want to look bad to a kind lady, right? Just this once and I promise I’d never bug you again.” The air was heavy and Siwon sighed deeply.

 

“Why is this going to be worth my time?”

 

“Like I said, it’s a nice break from your life and also, I know that you two share some common interests.” Donghae spoke.

 

“And what are those interests exactly...?”

 

“Music, dogs, photography, waffles, even the same sappy love songs from the past. And!– she has the brightest, diamond-like eyes.” Donghae smiled, then quickly shook his head. “Second to Jessica, of course.”

 

Though he wanted to decline, a part of him was intrigued the more that Donghae described the mystery girl. He massaged the bridge of his nose, deeply contemplating.

 

He didn’t even know to himself why he was considering the offer. The next months, years, didn’t include any plans on having an impromptu blind or double date; especially one with Donghae.

 

At the same time, he couldn’t believe he let his work get too much into his mind that staff noticed it and spoke up. Adding to that, Siwon had a reputation to uphold. He had his fair share of nasty stories sparked by ill-intentioned people in the industry. Though they were mostly lies, the public didn’t care about that. He wouldn’t want to risk it either way.

 

“When is this again?” Siwon sighed, still visibly frustrated and in disbelief. 

 

“Next month on the 18th.”

 

It was silent for a few seconds before Siwon responded.

 

“Lee Donghae… Just know you’re dead meat the moment we get home.”


 


 

“Do you really think I’m too uptight these days?” Siwon asked their manager who was seated beside him. 

 

The car ride had been silent. Everyone was tired from their schedules and the members were sleeping comfortably in their own seats. Still, one of them was bothered by what was said to him a while ago.

 

Their manager looked at him. “I won’t say uptight per se, but I think you’d benefit from a well-deserved break.” His hyung answered.

 

“Is that so…” Siwon muttered softly to himself.

 

Thankfully, his front row seat shielded the smiles s had on their lips.

 

‘Our manager is really the best.’


 


 

In another part of Seoul, a blonde lady was sitting on the couch waiting for a certain someone to come back from a busy day. It was already nighttime, though not late enough for her other members to be back from their individual schedules. Jessica planned this perfectly so that it was this member who returned first to their dorm.  

 

“Jess, what are you watching?” The American line and familiar accent cut through the quiet space. She’s here. Jessica hid her excitement behind a disinterested face. 

 

“Oh, just the latest episode of We Got Married.” She replied, in the same perfect English as her friend. Usually when the two were alone, they’d converse in a language they were both much more familiar with.

 

“Hey, Tiffany, c’mere.” The oblivious girl put down her bag and jumped on the couch, opposite to where Jessica was sitting.

 

“Why?” Jessica scooted nearer to the girl and clung her arm. “Yah, what’s wrong with you? What do you want from me again?” Tiffany teased and laughed, showing her beautiful smile and how her eyes turned into perfect crecsents. 

 

“Remember how you owe me a favour?” Her smile suddenly disappeared and she felt her stomach drop. Still, Jessica continued. “I want you to join me on a double date.”

 

Her jaw practically dropped to the floor and she had to back away to get a good look at the blonde’s face. No matter how hard she wanted to believe the girl was joking with her, Jessica looked serious. “Jung Jessica, are you joking with me?” 

 

“No, not really.” She sent an innocent smile that left Tiffany speechless.

 

“Aish… You, really. I knew I shouldn’t have asked for help.” 

 

“Too late now, Fany-ah! Maybe you should learn not to run your mouth when asking for help. You were practically setting yourself up.”

 

“Yeah, setting myself up to the devil, apparently.” She muttered under her breath. Tiffany received a light slap on the back of her head. Jessica rolled her eyes. “See, I told you.”

 

“Is there a way that I can get myself out of this? And can I even know who I’m going out with?” She complained. The blonde girl, however, just shrugged her shoulders.

 

“Do you really want me to play the recording? ‘Sica, help me practice just this once for the show, please? I’ll do anything!’” Jessica imitated Tiffany’s way of pleading and the other girl could only slump back on the couch. 

 

“So much for a friend…” Another slap on the forehead.

 

Tiffany screamed. “AISH! You–”

 

“–Are the absolutely lovely and greatest friend of mine that has helped me during my times of need! I’m so glad we’ve established that. Besides, it’s Hae’s friend not mine. I don’t even know who the guy is.” Jessica crossed her arms and redirected her attention on the TV. It was one way of preventing herself from having a laughing fit from staring at Tiffany’s puppy eyes.

 

“But why me?” Tiffany asked. Jessica stifled a sigh. This girl really doesn’t stop with her questions.

 

“Because one, you’re free and two, I trust nobody else. Look, oppa said that this friend is a good guy. He's handsome, young, and a gentleman who’s spending his first date with a complete stranger. Wouldn’t want to break someone’s heart now, do you?” Jessica had to keep her giggle to herself when she pulled the guilt card. Of course she knew who the guy was. If it was a complete stranger, she wouldn’t even dare think of offering her dear friend on a double date, even if it was Donghae who knew the person.

 

She could hear TIffany sigh from a mile away. 

 

“Why should I care about breaking his heart… Anyways, you got me at the young and handsome part, when's this?” 

 

Jessica answered with a straight face, though her heart was practically jumping in joy.

 

“Next month on the 18th.”

 

And with that, Tiffany left the living room sulkily to take a long, cold shower by herself.