First Sights

VIEW

Although it took an entire month for the dreaded day to come, Siwon felt like things had passed by in a flash. His busy schedule didn’t help either; each and every day only looked like the last until everything moulded and felt all the same. From filmings, meetings, public events, he hadn’t even realised that the 18th was coming until he asked his manager about it. 

 

“What’s the schedule for the next few days, hyung?” There he was, in the same car, driving on the same road, at the same lateness of the night.

 

“You have a CF shooting tomorrow morning and a script reading at night for your next drama. Then the next two days are free.” His ears perked up at the empty dates. “Wait… What’s the date today?”

 

“It’s the 16th. Why?” Siwon sunk into the car seat upon hearing it. 

 

“Nothing.”

 

Thankfully, even with only a day to prepare, Siwon found a decent outfit composed of a black button down whose sleeves he rolled up to show his forearms, suit pants for the bottoms, and leather shoes. He wore his favourite silver watch to top it all off for a fairly formal but not over-the-top look.

 

Donghae had informed him that the date would be held at a mid-tier restaurant in Gangnam. They’ve reserved a spot on the second floor, which Siwon thanked the man for it provided a little bit more privacy. No prying eyes or rampant paparazzi, hopefully.

 

Taking a deep sigh, he checked his watch. 5:45PM.

 

Siwon held his breath. They were leaving at 6.

 


 

Siwon was driving along the highway when Donghae’s phone rang. The car was suddenly silent from the loud conversation (more like debate) he and the caller were having.

 

“Yes, babe. We’ll be there in 5 minutes.” Siwon threw a judging look to the man on the phone, knowing full well that it would take them the power of flight to make that come true. 

 

“Okay, okay, love you. Bye.” He felt awkward hearing the conversation between the two lovers but the love-stricken boy couldn’t care less. Donghae slapped Siwon on the arms. 

 

“Go faster. They’re there already.”

 

“What? How come they’re so fast?” Although they left earlier than the reservation, they still encountered some unexpected traffic on some busy roads. It left them a little behind on their plans. Siwon grimaced, thinking that it was so impolite to let your date wait for you. Gentleman instincts.

 

“I think they came from somewhere nearer, just go faster!” 

 

It took them another 15 minutes before they arrived in front of the art-deco skyscraper. The weathered oak siding, gold accents, custom lighting, and campaign style interior surprised Siwon. This definitely wasn’t what mid-tier looks like. Stepping inside, his looming wish to have dressed a little better only worsened. 

 

The hand-painted murals, wooden furniture, and back-lit bar greeted him first, and a personal butler greeted them at the entrance. The same guy then guided them to the 2nd floor where it was divided into smaller rooms, assumingly where meetings and dates like these were held. The employee ushered them towards the second hall, and opened the doors for them to enter. Siwon thanked the man before stepping afoot inside.

 

Though less intimidating than the entrance, the private space was not decorated any less exotic. However, all sorts of ornaments seemed to fade into the background when he realised that the round table at the centre of the room was already occupied by two ladies. Even when it was only their backs facing him, his heart practically pounded out of his chest. Someone remind him, how did he end up in this situation again?

 

“Oppa!” Jessica’s voice cut through his thoughts and he looked by his side to see the girl hug Donghae. She was wearing an all black fit consisting of a turtleneck and blazer dress, which was complemented beautifully by her straight hair. Still, Siwon felt the most tense when he saw her friend still seated on the table by herself, in the middle of eating some appetisers.

 

She must be really shy– or hungry, if she puts eating before a guest.

 

He was broken out of his thoughts when Donghae slapped a hand on his shoulder and smiled. “There she is loverboy, c’mon, Sica will introduce you to her.” 

 

He took slow and begrudging steps towards the table, and stopped just right behind the girl. His date (he seriously didn’t want to call her that) was wearing a simple black puff sleeve dress, black pumps, and her long, dark brown hair was swept freely at one side. 

 

Jessica slapped her friend. “Aish, this girl, stop eating and say hello to your date!”

 

He winced at the label. 

 

But it was nothing compared to how the entire world stopped when the woman stood up and faced him, showing the same smile that always appeared in his dreams.

 

“Hello, Siwon-oppa.”