Chapter 6

The Fight For Territory

"So what happened to you two?" Asked Woobin as he sat next to Chanhee and Changmin who were sitting on the couch in the livingroom watching a movie.

"Why do you want to know?" Asked Changmin as he looked over at Woobin with an eyebrow raised. "Kevin refuses to keep you two apart," explained Woobin. "I want to know why," he added.

"We're not allowed to disclose that information," explained Changmin. "Sorry, but you'll have to ask someone else," he added.

"What's so sensitive about this information that you refuse to tell me?" Asked Woobin.

"For us it means life or death," explained Changmin. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" asked Woobin. "Figure it out Sherlock," replied Chanhee as he shrugged.

Woobin sighed, getting up from the couch and heading to the guest bedroom to lay in bed and think about the information he knew of Kevin's pack.

 

~



Kevin, Jibeom, Serim and Allen were running patrols like usual, Kevin keeping an eye on his energy levels and Jibeom running by his side while the two tigers were on either side of them. Nothing was really happening, but it was better than having action when Kevin could have an episode at any point.

It took some time but the enemy pack showed up again near the end of the patrols, though they stayed on their side of the borders, running alongside Kevin and Jibeom as they were immediately cautious. Kevin was wary, and Jibeom was ready to bolt at any point to get help.

Allen and Serim showed up after a few minutes, running from the opposite direction, the other half of the pack that belonged to the enemy close on their tails. Kevin leaped over the two tigers and landed behind them, snarling at the enemy pack. Jibeom moved out of the way of the tigers, immediately bolting for home and howling for assistance.

Kevin wasn't about to back down from a fight, and it seemed that neither did Allen or Serim, the both of them immediately going over to Kevin's side, standing on either side of him and hissing at the enemy. Kevin was about to rush forward to attack when he felt the attacks start again, coughing slightly as his legs buckled. He didn't let that stop him though, as he pushed himself forward to ram into the wolves in front of him.

Allen and Serim leaped at the wolves, snarling as they tackled the wolves and dug their claws into them. Kevin could feel his insides fighting with him, but he refused to back down when the prospect of an invasion could happen at any time.

Kevin knew they were outnumbered, but he had to fight. When the others of the invaders jumped in to attack Kevin was forced to divide his attention between his current fight and the new fight. His body was failing him though, but he refused to let that affect him especially in the face of his new allies.

 

~



When help finally came Kevin was down, his sickness causing him to collapse in the middle of battle and causing Serim and Allen to try to save him, sustaining heavy injuries as Kevin struggled to get back into the fight despite his failing health.

Juyeon and Hyunjae were first, barreling into view as they rammed into the wolves that were attacking Allen and Serim. Jibeom and Donghyun were next, Jibeom going straight for Kevin and Donghyun going over to Serim and Allen and checking on their wounds.

Changmin and Chanhee literally leaped into view, scattering the rest of the enemy pack and forcing them away from the others as they landed back to back, snarling at the enemy pack. They lashed out at the enemy as they came closer, daring them to move closer.

A roar from behind the enemy was the only sign that Woobin and the rest of Serim's pack came into view as Hyeongjun and Minhee led the attack, Woobin close behind them with the others attacking in pairs.

Kevin managed to get to his feet with support from Jibeom who held him up by sheer will. Blood was coming out of Kevin's mouth but he bared his teeth and let out a fierce snarl, his fur raising on end as he prepared for one last attack. When the enemy decided to retreat however, Kevin allowed his legs to buckle, collapsing to the ground and passing out immediately.

 

~



Kevin came to in his bed, sitting up and coughing, covering his mouth with his arm. Footsteps were heard and the door opened with a bang, revealing Juyeon and Woobin, the both of them looking worried as Kevin's coughing didn't immediately go away. Changmin immediately ran into the room with a cup of water and gave it to Kevin who downed it immediately once he was able to.

"A-Are Allen and Serim okay?" Rasped Kevin once he was able to calm down, taking breaths to calm his heartbeat. "They're fine," replied Woobin as he nodded. "G-Good," coughed Kevin as he hit his chest, clearing his throat before handing the cup back to Changmin.

"Um, for the record, Eric is on his way over," mumbled Juyeon, earning a sigh from Kevin. "I guess it couldn't be helped huh?" Asked Kevin as he got to his feet, stumbling slightly before straightening and walking out of the room with the others following after him.

"We finally meet in person huh?" Asked Serim who was sitting outside in the grass as Kevin walked outside to stand on the back deck. "I wish it had been under better circumstances to be honest with you," confessed Kevin as he sighed.

"Hey, no problem," stated Serim as he shrugged. "As far as I could tell you would fight until your death," he added. "I wouldn't just let them take over like that," grumbled Kevin. "But thanks, for sticking around when you could've easily ran," he added. "Or attacked with them," he added as an afterthought. "I wouldn't've done that when Woobin's involved," explained Serim. "You're safe, for the time being," he added.

"I'm sorry, I see what you meant by not separating them now," apologized Woobin as he scratched the back of his head. "There's a reason everyone is paired up the way they are," hummed Kevin as he leaned against the railing.

"Where'd Hyunjae go?" Asked Kevin as he noticed that Hyunjae wasn't around. "He went to Eric here," explained Juyeon. "He felt he could leave us alone with Allen and Serim after everything they've done," he added.

"Where is Allen?" Asked Kevin. "Sleeping, he prefers to sleep in his animal form anyway," explained Serim. "He's in the forest somewhere," he added, gesturing to the forest behind him. "Is he the white tiger? Or is it you?" Asked Kevin. "That'd be him," explained Serim.

"Tigers are pretty rare now a days, a white one too? Where'd you find him at?" Asked Kevin. "Ah, it's not my place to explain that," Serim replied with a shrug. "Fine with me," Kevin retorted with a nod. "Secrets aren't meant to be shared, I'm sure you understand," he added. "I know," hummed Serim as he nodded.

"Snow leopards are rarer aren't they?" Asked Juyeon. "In terms of numbers? No," hummed Kevin. "They're about the same really," he explained. "But, white tigers are even rarer than regular tigers," he added. "Allen will be the first I've seen, in probably decades," he explained.

"Who was the last person you saw, if you don't mind me asking?" Asked Serim. "My own father," explained Kevin.