Chapter 13

The Fight For Territory

Kevin was barely conscious when Younghoon and Haknyeon entered his room, Younghoon immediately going over to Kevin's side and sitting on the bed beside him.

"Kevin?" Asked Younghoon as he reached out and moved a strand of hair out of Kevin's face. "Mm fine," mumbled Kevin as he flinched away from Younghoon's touch.

"They wouldn't be calling me and Haknyeon here if you were fine," sighed Younghoon as he moved his hand away from Kevin's face. "I don't want to talk to you right now," grumbled Kevin.

"I can sit here and wait," commented Younghoon as Haknyeon entered the room with his medical bag, setting it nearby before walking over to Kevin.

"They really sent for you both huh?" Asked Kevin as he spotted Haknyeon. "You know how it is," scoffed Haknyeon as he walked over and sat on the other side of Kevin.

"I don't know what you both want to gain from this trip but I don't think it's going to happen," remarked Kevin as he sat up, coughing slightly before covering his mouth with his arm.

"You know you have to embrace your wolf right?" Asked Younghoon. "That'd be the only way to stop this," he explained. "You know, we already tried this," growled Kevin. "The wolf that I have and the wolf I was born with are two completely different beings," he explained. "It's surprising that I'm in control when I'm in my wolf form," he added.

 

~



Kevin was lying in the middle of the battlefield, blood pouring out of his mouth as he struggled to breathe. "Kevin!" Shouted a voice from somewhere near him, and Kevin tried to respond, choking on his blood as he tried to speak.

"I'm here, I'm here," reassured Jacob as he came into Kevin's view, Kevin staring up at his brother. "You did it, and you'll survive this," reassured Jacob. "Stay with me Kevin, stay with me!" He shouted as he got Kevin to sit up, slapping Kevin's back to get him to clear his throat.

"I- I did it huh?" Coughed Kevin as he spit blood onto the ground. "We did it, rest now Kevin," reassured Jacob as Kevin hummed, closing his eyes and falling into a deep sleep.

 

~



When Kevin came to again he was lying in bed with several bandages covering various parts of his body. Younghoon was sitting next to him, looking more concerned than ever. "What's wrong?" Croaked Kevin as he sat up, wincing as it pulled on his still healing wounds, surprised that they weren't fully healed.

"I-," mumbled Younghoon as he shook his head. "I think you don't have your wolf form anymore," he added. "W-What?" Asked Kevin as he looked surprised. "It concerned me when you weren't healing as fast as the others," explained Younghoon. "I don't know what this means for you, but you'll make it through this, okay?" He asked. Kevin nodded, looking down at his lap with a sigh.

 

~



Kevin looked down at his lap as he sat in his bed, leaning against the headboard as he waited for Younghoon and Haknyeon to come back into the room after speaking with Jacob and Eric on the phone about the situation.

Woobin walked into the room, causing Kevin to look up at him. "Are you okay?" Asked Woobin. "I'm fine," mumbled Kevin as he looked down at his lap with a soft sigh. "Don't lie to me Kevin," Woobin said softly as he walked over to Kevin's bed and sat beside him. "I don't know what's happened to you, but I'm here, okay?" He asked. Kevin hummed in response, shaking his head. "I don't want to talk about it, okay?" He asked. Woobin let out a soft sigh. "Okay," he responded, reaching over and patting Kevin on the knee. "I'm here, if you need me," he added. "That's all I need right now, I think," sighed Kevin as he leaned his head back and closed his eyes. Woobin nodded, moving closer and sitting beside Kevin, offering his presence in comfort.

 

~



"So, what happened?" Asked Serim as Kevin and Woobin stepped out of the house. "You organized this game, and then that happened?" He asked. "I didn't plan for my sickness to take over like that," sighed Kevin as he sat down on a bench on the back deck.

"What happened?" Asked Serim. "Because this is the second time this happened," he added. "Let me explain some things, and prepare for this," started Kevin before he explained what had happened for this sickness of Kevin's to come to light.

 

~



Serim and Woobin were left flabbergasted when Kevin finished his story, Woobin more so since everything made more sense now. Juyeon and Kevin were mates before everything, but now due to some glitch in the matrix it was now that Kevin and Hyunjae that were mates.

Woobin had wondered where he had fit into all of this, but he knew the pull was there, and he was sure it was why Hyunjae was still around instead of being back with Jacob's pack.

"Due to having a different wolf than what I started with, is why I seem to not have that sort of pull towards Hyunjae or you, Woobin," explained Kevin. "And it's killing you?" Asked Woobin. "Slowly," sighed Kevin as he shook his head. "I don't know how to fix it," he explained. "Not without somehow getting my original wolf back," he added.

"We'll figure something out I'm sure?" Asked Serim. "I don't know how much of a warzone you have over here, but it seems quiet for the time being?" He asked. "It's how it normally is," explained Kevin. "But we don't know how long it is before the next battle," he added.

 

~



Kevin stood at the borders to Russia, meeting Jangjun and Keonhee there as they were patrolling that side of Russia now. "Hey fox, dog," greeted Kevin. "Yo," greeted Jangjun. "Things have been quiet," he added. "Good," commented Kevin as he sighed. "It's been hectic here," he added. "Who are you switching with next?" He asked. "Probably Yuri, if he can come back around in time to switch with me," replied Jangjun as he shrugged.

"It's gator hunting season again huh?" Asked Kevin. "Yeah, otherwise Beomgyu and Youngtaek would be here," replied Jangjun. "Hm," hummed Kevin.