Chapter 16

The Fight For Territory

Kevin looked at his phone when it pinged, the tracker that was on Allen giving him a notification. He checked it, reading the location before going to make a phone call. He now knew where his father was.
 

~



Eric and Jacob showed up a few days later with Joochan and Sangyeon while Kevin was planning out he attack, knowing that this was the last time they would ever have to deal with their father. Kevin had to plan carefully, making sure there was no holes in the plan. He knew it wasn't all fun and games though, as their father was very unpredictable but Kevin knew that with some work they'd be able to take down their father once and for all.

"So what's the plan?" Asked Eric as he walked over to Kevin who was mulling over the map of the area Allen was last seen in.

"We do what we always do," replied Kevin as he looked up at Eric. "This time we will make sure he's dead," he added.

"This time we have backup though," hummed Eric.

"Serim was a good choice to have as backup," agreed Kevin as he looked down at the map he was reading. "They have been working hard to gain our trust back, so I guess this will work," he added.

"We attack tomorrow," commanded Jacob as he entered the room. "I'm sure you have a strategy ready," he added.

"I do," hummed Kevin as he turned to Jacob. "Let's rescue our baby brother shall we?" He asked. Eric and Jacob nodded in confirmation.

 

~



Their plan was going smoothly for the most part, as Serim wanted to save Allen as much as Eric, Jacob and Kevin did. There wasn't much in terms of a fight, but it didn't stop the three brothers from being on edge. Serim was leading his pack along, following what orders Kevin passed to him and the others.

Woobin and Hyunjae took their places at Kevin's sides, flanking him as they got ready for the final attack. Kevin remained in human form, but it didn't mean he couldn't fight. Fighting in human form was one of Kevin's specialties, though he didn't show it too often.

Eric and Jacob were coming at the battle at different angles, Sangyeon and Joochan with them along with Serim's pack. They continued their fight, coming at the enemy at all angles, killing everyone in their wake. Kevin was tired of dealing with his father's supporters, and even if there were people he knew he couldn't risk it.

"This is never going to go to plan," sighed Kevin as he looked in front of him, seeing another wave of enemies coming. "Mom would be so disappointed right now," he grumbled, changing on the spot and finally joining in on the battles, working with Hyunjae and Woobin like he had been doing so for years. The others in Kevin's side of the pack were quick to jump in to help, working along side the three of them as they drove the enemy back. The objective was to kill, and they weren't going to complain about that when it involved disturbing the peace the three brothers had managed over the years of owning Norway, Sweden and Finland.

 

~



Slowly Kevin's plan on a full frontal attack worked as they got closer to where Allen was located. Kevin ran through several possible scenarios in his head as he sensed a lull in the battle, coming to a stop in a clearing with Hyunjae and Woobin at his side. The others in Kevin's pack stayed back, moving back further into the forest to circle around as Eric and Jacob soon arrived with the other members of Serim's pack along with Joochan and Sangyeon.

Kevin took in the way the others looked, seeing minimal damage for the most part but there was more to it. There had to be more to it than-

Kevin quickly moved out of the way when Allen suddenly attacked him, Hyunjae and Woobin quickly apprehending him as they pinned him down, Woobin pretty much throwing his body on top of Allen to use his weight to keep him down. Kevin turned to where Allen had come from, seeing his father walk into view with two others that Kevin assumed were his own betas.

"You're surrounded Kevin!" Exclaimed his father as Kevin couldn't help but bare his teeth in a smirk. Kevin shook his head before rushing forward for one final push, Eric and Jacob immediately falling in line behind him as they attacked as a team.

The fight went on for a few minutes, Kevin and his father clashing head on as wolf attacked tiger. Neither wanted to back down, pretty much fighting to the death as they exchanged blows. Eric and Jacob took care of the others quickly before going to join Kevin in the fight, attacking as a team as they worked to bring their father down.

When it came to the final attack, Eric led the attack, ramming into their father an sending him backwards into Jacob who pinned him down. Kevin walked over after changing back to his human form, smirking in triumph at their father.

"Isn't it the son's job to surpass the father?" Asked Kevin as he crossed his arms over his chest, standing in his alpha's stance. "Also guess who's now an alpha?" He asked, his alpha's voice breaking through at the end. It caused everyone within the vicinity to shiver at the intensity.

"Kill him," commanded Kevin and Jacob did so, biting down on their father's neck hard enough to crush it, killing him immediately. Jacob moved away when their father returned to human form and Kevin relaxed out of his alpha's stance, sighing a bit as he looked around at the others before turning to Allen who was still held down by Woobin.

"Let him go," muttered Kevin. "Our job is done here," he explained. "If you want to stick around or leave I'm not stopping you," he added, watching as Woobin moved off of Allen and stepped back. Allen was quick in running off, not wanting to see what would become of his old pack.

"Get the bodies, and let's burn them," commanded Kevin as he turned to the others. Everyone went to do so except Eric and Jacob who went to change and bring over some clothes for the three of them to put on.

"We finally did it huh?" Asked Jacob. "You did a good job," he added. "Handled it well," he explained when Kevin raised an eyebrow in question.

"Though, it was one thing to kill our father, why did you spare Allen?" Asked Eric as he watched as the others brought the first of the bodies over to throw into a pile.

"We still have the tracker," responded Kevin as he shrugged, himself, Jacob and Eric going to gather sticks and things for the giant bonfire. "Besides, why blame the son when we're also guilty of the things we did to get to this point?" He asked. "If we lost that sort of morale, would we still be considered the good guys?" He asked.

"We may have rescued the country from another war, but what's stopping the others from seeking revenge? What's stopping the werewolves or vampires that call our countries home from taking over?" Asked Eric as he blinked. "I see what you mean now," he added. "If we set an example by saving at least one person to pass on the word that we're not a force to be reckoned with then the others won't try to rebel against us when they've seen what we've done to the enemy," he explained.

"Yeah, that makes sense," agreed Jacob as the others soon arrived with the rest of the bodies. Hyunjae walked over in human form with a jerry can of gasoline and some matches, handing the matches to Kevin before dumping the gasoline on the bodies and the wood they managed to gather. Once the jerry can was empty Kevin lit a match and threw it into the fire, watching as the bodies lit up immediately.

Kevin turned to Serim who walked over after changing and putting on some pants, Woobin and Seongmin behind him. "Well, it didn't take you long to choose a new beta huh?" Asked Kevin as he nodded to Woobin and Seongmin.

"No, it really didn't," replied Serim as he shrugged. "We'll be off now, unless you need us?" He asked. Kevin shook his head. "Alright," hummed Serim. "Good luck to you," he added before turning and leaving, the rest of his pack following suit.