Chapter 14

The Fight For Territory

Kevin looked up at the sky from his favorite spot on the back deck, looking at the clouds as he was lost in his thoughts.

"You okay?" Asked Hyunjae as he walked over and sat down beside Kevin. "I'm fine," mumbled Kevin, nodding reassuringly.

"A lot seems to be on your mind is all," explained Hyunjae. "Of course there is," hummed Kevin. "Just questions I'll never get answers for to be honest with you," he added. "Hm," hummed Hyunjae.

 

~



"Why?" Asked Kevin as he laid between Hyunjae and Woobin after moving some beds together to make a big bed enough for the three of them.

"Why what?" Asked Hyunjae as he to his side to face Kevin. "Why are we still going through this?" Asked Kevin.

"Why did it have to be me?" Asked Kevin. "So many damn questions we will probably never have answers for," he mumbled.

"Do you remember what your old wolf form used to look like?" Asked Woobin. "No," muttered Kevin as he threw an arm over his eyes.

"You stood out you know," remarked Hyunjae. "I remember your first wolf, he was just as headstrong as you were back then," he added.

"Do you remember what color my original wolf was then?" Asked Kevin. "It was a deep black, with these stripes of white fur looking like claw marks on your chest," explained Hyunjae. "Your first wolf was more... You?" He asked. "Well, that'd make sense," hummed Kevin.

 

~



Kevin closed his eyes, sitting in a meditating state in the backyard as he tried to reach deep within him to find his original wolf. He had gotten the idea from Jangjun, who had Keonhee do it to stay somewhat human despite the months he spent in wolf form inbetween the random times where they would've had to travel and Keonhee had to stay in human form. It was a way to stay in control for him, and Kevin could see how useful meditating was.
 

~



When Kevin came back to the world after meditating he opened his eyes to see Woobin sitting in front of him, his eyebrows furrowed in worry. "Any luck?" Asked Woobin. "No," sighed Kevin. "I keep running into my current wolf," he added. "I don't know why, but it seems to be protecting me from something," he explained.

"Your sickness maybe?" Asked Woobin. "Probably, I know it's trying to keep me alive, but my body is failing me," muttered Kevin. "Hm," hummed Woobin. "I guess we won't figure out much," he remarked with a sigh. "Mhm," hummed Kevin.

"Where's Hyunjae?" Asked Kevin as he moved, stretching as he laid down on his back from his sitting position. "I think he went to do something with your trackers," responded Woobin as he went to sit down beside Kevin.

"And where did they go?" Asked Kevin. "I know Donghyun and Jibeom are patrolling, along with two of your pack members," he added. "Something about information you were looking for," explained Woobin. "Ah!" Exclaimed Kevin as he sat up, getting to his feet. "I know what this is about," he shouted as he rushed into the forest and changed, rushing towards the borders. Woobin looked dumbfounded for a second before getting to his feet and rushing after Kevin, changing to his bear form and following after Kevin.

 

~



When they reached the border to Russia Beomgyu was standing there with Heeseung, something that surprised Woobin as Beomgyu was normally with Youngtaek.

"I finally got some information," explained Beomgyu as Kevin walked over after changing back and putting on some pants. "Also Taehyun needed Youngtaek for something, so it's just me and Heeseung," he added.

"What information do you have for me?" Asked Kevin as he eyed Heeseung who bowed his head in greeting, keeping his distance as Kevin stood in his alpha's stance out of instinct due to Heeseung standing in his alpha's stance.

"There's a familiarity between you and the person you asked me to find information for," explained Beomgyu. "That's all Seungmin could tell me anyway, I'd suggest asking them," he added. "Hm," hummed Kevin. "Thanks for the information," he added. Beomgyu nodded and Kevin turned, changing and heading back to the house. Woobin snorts, watching Beomgyu for a second before turning and following after Kevin.

 

~



Kevin and Woobin were attacked on the way back, Kevin getting slammed into a tree so hard it knocked the tree down. Kevin got to his feet, turning to face the enemy as Woobin rammed into them, growling for a second before he recognized who it was.

Kevin looked surprised, as he was sure they wouldn't turn on him, not when Woobin swore his life on the line for this alliance.

Woobin looked torn, as he knew this attack was happening at some point, but he didn't think it would happen this soon. It looked like his own pack was finally pushing for the attack.

 

~



Kevin's howl echoed for miles, causing everyone to rush to his aid. Hyunjae, Changmin and Chanhee pushed to run as fast as they could towards where Kevin was. Donghyun and Jibeom were stuck with their own battles, however it seemed that at least Minhee and Hyeongjun were on their side as they moved to knock out Taeyoung and Seongmin. As soon as it was clear Donghyun and Jibeom quickly ran to Kevin's aid, running as fast as their legs could carry them.
 

~



Kevin snarled, baring his teeth at Allen and Serim who moved towards him, hissing at him. Kevin wasn't prepared for a two on one fight, especially when Woobin looked like he was going to do nothing. Kevin understood his reasoning though, as even he didn't want to be stuck between choosing his mate or his pack.

As Allen and Serim leaped in for the attack Kevin closed his eyes, waiting on the end to come.

 

~



Hyunjae leaped into the attack, taking the brunt of it as he was slammed into the ground, Allen's larger form biting down on his neck with a snarl. Hyunjae huffed, not bothering to move. It seemed to push Kevin to rush forward to save him, slamming into Allen and shoving him into tree. Allen got up, turning to Kevin with a hiss, preparing for another attack. Changmin and Chanhee soon came into view and quickly pinned down Serim who fought back as much as he could before giving up, knowing this fight was not one worth losing his life over.

Donghyun and Jibeom appeared with Wonjin and Jungmo, the four of them surrounding Allen in case he tried to run. Kevin returned to his human form, glaring at Allen. "Looks like you aren't as popular as you look," he remarked as he crossed his arms over his chest, standing straight up in his alpha's stance as he thought of what to do with Allen.