onew/luna | duet.

the journal of blue skies and rainy days

onew/luna | duet | drabble | slight angst, romance

 

He can't help the way he looks at her. He watches fancams of their SMTown duet all the time, trying to relive the experience. He notices the way his eyes melt into something so earnest, so true, so pure, and he knows that it is not just good acting. The butterflies leaping around in his stomach can testify to that.

The manner in which the stage lights shine on her figure, highlighting the beautiful caramel of her hair and her modest silhouette, and the powerful yet gentle voice that emanates from her being is enough to render him speechless. In fact, shortly after he had walked onto that stage, he has forgotten his lines and smiles dreamily to cover it up. (Stop being so attractive, Sunyoung-ah, he mentally curses.)

Those ballerina twirls that she does down the stage. The way her dress swirls around in the air, her graceful stature, her unforgettable smile. He is thinking about all this as he walks down after her, willing himself not to forget his next lines. He puts in a good hair flip or two for confidence.

They stand on opposite ends of the center stage, and he revels in the way their voices merge together in such a beautiful way. (Destiny, he desperately tells himself.) As they begin backing up toward each other, the screams in the stadium heighten. He blushes as he feels her back on his, and he straightens himself up to make himself strong against her. "We were meant to be," they both sing, and oh, how he wishes it were true!

He gets down on one knee, his intense gaze searching her face. She smiles down on him, nodding for him to get up. (He wishes that one day, he'll be able to do this again...for, you know, other reasons.) He offers his hand, and never before has his palm felt so empty hovering in the air. He breathes out a sigh of relief and content as she places her fingers onto his, but he wonders if she is indeed doing this all for the act. (It's supposed to be an act, he thinks, but he ignores it.)

The song ends, the lights dim out, and the fans scream and cheer like crazy. Backstage, he tells her, "Good job, Sunyoung-ah."

She pats him on the shoulder and he wishes he didn't flinch in such an obvious way. "Same for you, my lovely oppa," she says jokingly.

Was it really a joke? he has wondered for the past week, his stomach curdling at the thought.

Little does he know that somewhere out there is a certain Park Sunyoung sitting at her dorm in her pajamas, staring at her laptop screen as well.

 

pic credit | jinkisses.tumblr