Chapter 2

I hate you for this...

Minho’s P.O.V

I stared anxiously at Taemin; I knew both of us were thinking the same thing; “What was that all about...” I asked suspiciously, Taemin frowned and leaned closer “Did you see that...?” I nodded, “Do you think....that Key is...well...gay?” Taemin asked me; I shrugged and replied “Well...It’s probably because...” I began however Taemin interrupted, “Do you think Key’s gay?” He repeated, “Well....A bit...” I said lamely, Taemin laughed briefly before his face wore the same expression of concern. “Do you like Se Kyung Noona?” He whispered, “What’s there to like about her?” I replied bluntly, to my surprise, Taemin smiled and sighed in relief, “Good...It’s not just me then...I don’t know...It’s just....She seems really fake...” He continued. I sighed and responded “She is fake. I can tell....Trust me...If it wasn’t for Jong Hyun’s happiness I wouldn’t have approved of her even stepping foot inside our dormitory...”
“Well....What do you think of Key being... well... gay?” Taemin queried; “I don’t mind,” I answered truthfully, “I actually think Key and Jong Hyun are quite cute together...”
“Me too!” Taemin chirped happily, “JongKey has such a nice ring to it! I mean, honestly, JongKyung...? Pfft...Sounds so...lifeless...” I hesitated, allowing Taemin to continue, “Well...I mean...If you think JongKey are a good couple...And so do I...Should we... Well...”
“Attempt to get Jong Hyun and Key to realise their undying love for each other and blossom a beautiful romance by interfering with their affairs and trying to create the perfect ‘atmosphere’ for them to communicate?” I suggested,
“Yeah that!” Taemin agreed, “We should call it Operation JongKey!”
I laughed in response, “This is going to be quite amusing you know...”

Key’s P.O.V

I skipped off into our bedroom quickly, trying to ignore Onew, who was walking towards the bedroom. Quickly, I locked the door behind me; then I retrieved my black diary from my mattress and began to write in it:

Dear Diary...I began,
I think I’m in love....I wrote, in curved, smooth calligraphy,
And Jong Hyun burnt my pancakes, I added in a messy scrawl underneath. Smiling to myself, I placed the diary back and closed my eyes, Dear God....I prayed Please help this stupid Jong Hyun realise how much he needs me in his life...And help him recognise the maliciously plastic thing he refers to as his “girlfriend” – Amen.

Suddenly, the door bell began to ring, I got up and headed straight to the kitchen; initiating a conversation between Taemin and Minho immediately; in a desperate attempt to make it seem as if I had been animatedly chatting for the past hour and was not the slightest bit bored despite the fact Jong Hyun left me for her. Onew opened the door slowly and in came: Oh fantastic. I thought why don’t you bring her to the toilet as well? I’m sure if you need her THAT much that you need her EVERYWHERE you go, then maybe you should start thinking about planning toilet intervals together. “Hi everyone!” Se Kyung announced, in her awfully nasal, brittle-like voice. She attempted to hold Jong Hyun’s hand, however, he had already decided to sit down by the table – I attempted to conceal a smirk – And I could’ve sworn Minho saw me because he was giving me that I-Know-What-You’re-Thinking-Now look.  

“Aww! You’re so cute Taemin-ah!” She said in her fake high pitched voice. Aish get your filthy hands away from cute little Taemin....I thought, as briefly placed her hand on his hand; First you take my Jong Hyun and now- Wait a second...Did I just say MY Jong Hyun? ... Why did that feel so good... – Anyway back to what I was thinking, first you take MY Jong Hyun and now you’re trying to seduce our Taemin! “Key?” The awfully familiar voice sounded again, I looked up “Huh?” I responded, her face flickered with the slightest of impatience and annoyance – which she changed quick enough so Jong Hyun wouldn’t notice. “I asked how your day today was?” she repeated, “Itwass’lrite.” I coughed slightly, trying to contain my anger and reply with a more coherent statement. “It was....alright...” Yeah...It was PERFECTLY alright...Actually...It was better than alright...I saw your face and lived to tell the tale you stupid piece of-  I smirked as my conscience began speaking in an Onew-like-voice “No profanities in front of Taemin...” It reminded me. “Your more handsome than I saw you last time as well, Minho,” she said again, Minho smiled weakly He’s always been the polite one... I thought, and she continued to make conversation “So, Jong Hyun, are you free later tonight?” She asked again, Oh yeaahhh... My sarcastic thoughts began chirping again He has ALL the time in the world for YOU – “Ah, sorry Se Kyung but we have rehearsals later on, and then we have to attend Korea Swan Best Dressed something...”
“Oh...” She replied, her face dropping its fake quality, “It’s getting dark...” she said once again trying to divert his attention (Jong Hyun was playing toy cars with Taemin – yes – on the kitchen table - My inner motherly side was going ballistic...) “You will drive me home, won’t you, oppa?” She asked, her voice growing with impatience, Jong Hyun looked up and nodded slightly “Hmm...Yeah...Ok....Let’s go...” I shared a look of disgust with Minho and I sighed again. “Well bye everyone! See you Onew oppa!” Onew smiled, “Bye Se Kyung, Take your time Jong Hyun,” Onew winked and closed the door after them.

Onew P.O.V

Now it’s just me and Key...The way it should be...