The Aftermath and Bad Habits

All Roses Have Thorns

     Things sure have become quiet around here since…I really hope that that damned Hongki is treating her right, but knowing him she is in danger.  No No, she is a strong girl; she can hold her own against a prick like him. She even had me taken aback a few times. I am sitting in my room busily thinking about _______, while trying not to think about her at all.  My mind was not cooperating at the current moment.  It’s only been a day since she has left, and yet it feels as if weeks have gone by.

     I have been tapping a pencil on the same place on my desk for the past two hours.  A spot has become visible because I have been wearing the area down so much.  I can’t even think straight, and I just don’t know what I can do.

     I need to get busy.  I need to reiterate my strength, and I need to solidify our unity as Bunnies.  I need to reinforce our bond.  I let too many things go while ______ was here, now I have to make up for all of that.  Let’s start with the guard reports. I shake myself out of my stupor, and start getting to business.

    

     “Would you stop that?!  You are going to wear a hole through the floor!”  Youngjae snaps at me, his patience getting thin as I pace back and forth in front of him.  He sends me an icy glare that he half tries to conceal as he speaks.  He has clearly had it with my pacing, but he’s trying to be understanding.

     “Yeah, no , you’re driving us all crazy.”  Zelo mumbles towards Daehyun who just nods in agreement.  Zelo is much less compassionate, and sends me a full on death glare.  His temper has gotten the better of him. 

     “Look, I am sorry, but how can you all just be so calm about this whole situation?  Hongki is probably boiling mad right now, and she was probably beaten near death – if not worse!”  I can’t take everyone’s relative calm anymore.  They are all just sitting around acting like nothing has happened, and I just can’t stand the way they act all nonchalant about it all.  My pacing acting like a time bomb, counting down how long it will take me to finally run over to the Roses territory to check on _______.

     “We are anything, but calm Himchan.  When was the last time you’ve seen Jongup frown so much, or how about the last time you’ve seen Youngjae pick at his clothes that way?”  Zelo points out everyone’s nervous ticks in an agitated way.  Zelo’s nervous tick is that he becomes extremely ill tempered, so there are three nervous ticks that I can see.

     “Ok, point taken, but pacing is my way of dealing with everything ok?”

     “Well, pace somewhere else please.”  Daehyun requests of me, while displaying his own way of expressing he is on edge: over politeness.

     “Fine.” And with that I storm out of the meeting room, and into the main room.

 

     “” I get up immediately and move from the special hidden back room and into our meeting room.  The news I have just received from the guard reports scares me, and I need to check on things immediately.

     I spot Jongup, Zelo, Daehyun, and Youngjae in the meeting room.

     “Where are Inati and Daniel? Have they reported in to any of you? How about Simon orJeesu?”  I frantically question the B.A.P in front of me.  “Have any of them reported in to Himchan either?”  I look from face to face and each pair of eyes tells me the same story: Noone has heard from any of the guards.

     It is a case of deserters? Or did something go wrong?  My mind races with all the possibilities as to why they hadn’t reported in since their shift ended last night.  They were all posted within Bunny territory, they were just meant to watch the border and send a warning if there were any intruders.  I wo-

     *BOOM* the door breaks in.  The body of one of the Bunnies comes tumbling in to the meeting room – they are a complete mess. I can’t even recognize who it is.

     “Arm yourselves.” I order the others as I make my way into the common room, gun drawn.  The scene before me leaves me completely stunned.  For a moment all I can do is stare at the skirmish torn area, it reminds me of the painting Guernica.  I am taking in the scene when I spot the blonde head of Himchan slumped at the opposite wall.  Panic sets in.