2 | passion turned chore

2nd Lead Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yess~! I got higher than average!"

Jisung who is standing beside me is being noisy again, his voice forcing me to cover my left ear.

Today, we took the CSAT and I got one of the highest scores.

Top five.

Well, that would've mattered if I was going to college—hehe, but I'm not. Taeyeon was fine with me skipping that but then tempted me by saying if I get lost in the process of being a webtoon artist, using that CSAT score would be the best solution.

I mean, she's damn right about that.

"You even topped that girl from that ty prestigious school!" Jisung laughed and wrapped an arm around my shoulder, "I'm even surprised lazy- Jaejae got a high score."

Immediately after mentioning him, we turned in unison to look at Jaehyun. He kept a calm face while staring at the results on his phone. However, I could tell he was stunned to find out he took the 19th place.

Suddenly, Jisung snapped out of his thoughts and turned to face us, causing me to flinch.

"Holy , holy , holy ! I can't believe I pulled that off!!!"

I held my chest after almost being startled to death and punched him on the shoulder, "Of course, you did, . If you weren't so addicted to games, I bet you would've considered trying for Harvard."

Jisung raised a finger, his voice savvy, "Jeongjeong, we technically can't call him a anymore."

"...Oh, damn—You're right."

Realizing what Jisung had said, Jaehyun's mouth turned into a smirk. I love him, but that smirk makes me almost want to punch him again... but in the face.

After taking pictures of our results on the huge bulletin board, we exited the university (where the results were posted), walked to the nearest bus shelter, and sat there for a while.

"Hmm, should we go to that new cat cafe in our area?"

My eyes lit up, "Should we?"

Jisung tucked his hands into his hoodie's pockets and snickered, "Jeongjeong really wants to go there. Did you forget that you have a deadline to meet tomorrow?"

"I hate you."

I glared at Jisung and huffed, which caused these two to make more fun of me.

Yes, please continue... I'm going to pretend tripping myself, push you guys into a puddle in the midst of it once we get off the bus, and blame it on my "lack of sleep".

Of course, those were only my intrusive thoughts.

These game-addicted bullies are no match for a straight-A student like me~

As soon as they finished making fun of me, there was only silence between us while we waited for the bus to arrive. Unusually, it was taking really really long and the sun was still up.

Well, we heard some of the passersby talking about the traffic jam nearby.

Thinking about this, I absentmindedly looked up at the sky and noticed the dark clouds coming in.

It started raining hard.

"Man, did you guys bring an umbrella?"

Jisung groaned, clearly uncomfortable with the idea of catching a fever again.

He just recovered yesterday.

I shrugged, "It was scorching hot earlier. I didn't think about it."

Jaehyung hummed in agreement, "Same, I didn't think it would rain."

"Ehh, so we're going to run home?"

I sighed, "Unfortunately."

", I hope it goes away before we get home."

Sitting under the bus shelter as we watched the heavy rain, four girls came to take shelter and took the empty bench beside us.

Now, it wasn't so silent.

I guess that's better than hearing Jisung's loud voice.

Anyway, these girls weren't too loud but the three of us couldn't help but overhear their conversation. They were talking about this handsome guy on their phone. I thought it was a real-life person—but turns out, it was a webtoon...?

"I'm really into this webtoon these days."

"Oh, what's that?"

"It's about this guy named Park Junwoo who confessed to his first love but got rejected!"

"Is that why you were into it?"

"Nope! I'm just in love with Junwoo! He's so humble, kind, ambitious, charming, and handsome. After getting rejected, he focused on bringing the 'always second place' soccer team in his high school to the nationals. What he didn't know was... there were these two popular girls who were close to him. And they're in love with him!"

"Huh, I smell a love triangle plot there."

"Right?!"

Familiar...

"Psst." Jaehyun nudged me on the shoulder and spoke in a hushed tone, "Aren't they talking about your webtoon?" he smiled, looking proud. "What's the title again...? My goal in life? Very witty, considering the plot."

Jisung glanced at the girls and gave me a smirk, making sure they wouldn't hear him, "Ever since I gave you that tablet, things have been going amazing for you, huh? You're famous~"

Feeling a bit flustered since they sounded like they were complimenting me, I rolled my eyes and gave them a small push on the shoulder, "You guys better shut up... I never revealed my face."

The bullying that usually happens between us that targeted me, turned into compliments and teasing.

I don't hate it.

Besides my eonnie and my anonymous readers, I'm not used to receiving compliments.

And about the webtoon they were talking about? How did it become popular? And that tablet incident...?

Well, it's an abnormal story actually...

I'm not sure if what I experienced a year ago was a dream. But after Jisung gave me that tablet, and that painful thing I experienced in front of our door, making me pass out—I just found myself the next day, waking up in my bed.

When I went downstairs, I asked eonnie if she was t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter