10 | stupid dense MCs

2nd Lead Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong stared at the history textbook in front of her and pretended to furrow her brows in frustration. Even though she already knew what Yizhuo had been explaining to her, she still had to pretend to at history to avoid suspicions.

"Everything is happening so fast..."

"Is that a complaint?"

"Ah, no, sorry."

As Yizhuo glanced at her with a raised brow, Minjeong maintained her pretense and apologized with a stoic smile. Yizhuo continued tutoring her, going over all the topics from Minjeong's failed activities, quizzes, and exams.

While Minjeong felt bored and sleepy as hell, witnessing Yizhuo's seriousness before her eyes kept her wide awake. In the original storyline, Yizhuo wouldn't stray from her surface personality around strangers like Minjeong; she would maintain her playful, cheerful self.

Hmm... she did slip out yesterday in the hallway...

Unconsciously dozing off as she was thinking about why Yizhuo let her see that side of her, Minjeong suddenly felt a soft flick on her forehead, flinched, and sat up properly. 

Yizhuo looked up from the countless papers on the desk and frowned, "Kim, you need to focus and remember what happened between 1700 and 1800 if you want to make progress."

"Right, sorry."

Thanks to Yizhuo's strictness, Minjeong managed to pull through hell and dropped her head on the table the second they finished. Yizhuo didn't want to admit it, but seeing the latter's tired reaction as she worked hard caused her to crack a smile—they made no progress, and Minjeong really .

At least, that's what Minjeong made her believe.

"Good job. At least you tried."

[ 5% ]

Huh... Yizhuo does like people who work diligently.

Yizhuo said with her usual cheerful smile and packed all of her things inside her bag. Like the cute and thoughtful person she is, the latter gave Minjeong a pack of gummy bears as a farewell before making her way toward the exit to go to her extra classes.

Watching Yizhuo walk away, Minjeong released a long sigh of relief. She was glad that in this school, every Friday would mean a free school day. However, they are still required to attend school and one class until 5:30 p.m. for attendance.

With that out of the way, Minjeong turned to lay on her cheek and stared through the window beside her. It was then, that a warm morning sun shone on her face, causing her to close her eyes and enjoy the peaceful sensation.

After racking her brains out for five hours, pretending to at a subject she actually loves, it felt nice to finally relax like this.

Minjeong was on the verge of falling asleep and closed her eyes for a minute when she suddenly felt a hand shadowing her face from the warmth.

It took her a few seconds to realize what was happening before she opened her eyes and saw Jimin—her hand raised in mid-air, shielding her from the sunlight.

Since she was too sleepy to think straight, Minjeong just couldn't believe who was sitting beside her. She only stared back at the Jimin who looked at her in a daze as if she had been caught doing something illegal.

Immediately snapping out of her daze, Jimin swiftly retreated her hand and picked up a particular phone on the table, appearing to be Yizhuo's.

In response, Minjeong blinked her eyes and didn't bother uttering a single word. Jimin seemed to display an indiscernible expression and gave the latter a subtle nod before standing up and walking out of the room as if nothing happened.

As Jimin's figure receded in the distance, Minjeong noticed a slight increase in her happiness meter hovering over her head.

[ 15% ]

It raised by ten percent.

"What the hell..."

Minjeong whispered to herself as she sat up and laid her back against the backrest. She scratched the back of her head, wondering what made Jimin do that. At the same time, she couldn't help but ponder how such an occurrence caused the meter to rise like that.

Ugh, with the meter, this world has been stressing me out five times more than before.

Letting out a long sigh, Minjeong heard a faint knock beside her on the desk. When she raised her head to look at the culprit, she found Ryujin with a teasing smirk on her face.

"I saw what happened. What was that about~?"

"I think she just came to take Yizhuo's phone, Ryujin."

"Na-uh, after what she did earlier? I doubt that was just it."

Minjeong playfully rolled her eyes, "I don't know."

"Hmm... something smells fishy."

"You think so?"

"Ah, no. Something literally smells fishy." Ryujin looked around the room and found someone eating fish chips behind her, "Hey, you."

She called the cat-eyed girl and the latter pulled her eyes away from her books to look.

Ryujin smiled, "Can I have some?"

The girl was hesitant but ended up giving Ryujin some anyway. "Uhhh, okay."

Staring at her friend in disbelief who began happily munching on the fish chips, Minjeong shook her head and laughed in silence. "You're unbelievable."

 

૮ ・ﻌ・ა

 

As soon as the clock hit 4 p.m., Minjeong made sure to avoid the main characters at all costs and headed straight to the school's rooftop. That's because it was around that time when one of Junwoo's most important scenes with Aeri would take place.

Wanting to avoid any unnecessary encounters, Minjeong locked the door this time.

While Junwoo would be busy running around the track thanks to soccer training, Aeri would come to visit and bring the whole team bottles of Pocari Sweat. This is why everyone likes her. Not merely because of her looks, but also because of how thoughtful and genuinely nice she is to everyone.

Minjeong smiled at the thought as she climbed up to her usual spot on the rooftop and took out her binoculars. Once she raised them to her eyes and looked through, her gaze landed on a group of soccer players who were clearly smitten with Aeri, each receiving a bottle from her. This sight brought another smile to Minjeong's face.

Just in time.

Compared to the first time she came up here to watch Junwoo's rejection, observing the scenes from afar with the special ability she'd gained made it exhilarating. Through her binoculars, Minjeong could see the players' happiness meters soaring to 100% whenever they glanced at Aeri, only to plummet to 10-20% when their eyes shifted to Junwoo.

Seeing this caused Minjeong's smile to gradually fade away.

Wait, no way.

No way I just noticed this now.

As Minjeong lowered her binoculars and let her mind wander, a sudden realization about the happiness meter hit her like a ton of bricks.

Minjeong, you .

She facepalmed in disbelief at how oblivious she'd been. If anyone in this world di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter