6 | it's a misunderstanding!

2nd Lead Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn't think this through.

I thought the storyline wouldn't go off the rails as long as it followed the original scenarios... Who would've thought perfecting the quiz could get me into this situation? Damn, Heechul just had to force me into this.

"Good. Now, all you have to do is divide that and whatever comes up, you add that to your current solution."

"...What?"

"Eh, don't tell me you got lost again."

"I am, sorry."

"Wow, you're that bad?"

I made sure to not come off as too offensive to Junwoo, but that was all I could say. I did create his character to be terrible at math—I just never expected him to be this bad in real life.

Thinking about this, I held my forehead and massaged my temples. If the other three characters were here right now instead of Junwoo, they would've immediately realized that I was looking stressed thanks to this tutoring.

Thank the heavens Junwoo was terribly dense.

Anyway, let's finish this in under thirty minutes. I need to finish as soon as possible before Aeri and Junwoo's scene takes place. I'm even lucky enough that my face is still blurred when I check the app if anything I originally drew changed.

In this tutoring scene, Jimin and Junwoo are supposed to have a heartwarming scenario where the two of them smoothly go through the difficult topics Junwoo is having trouble with.

Jimin was supposed to only tutor Junwoo for an hour but ended up finishing two hours later. She was that dedicated to help her crush. However, after they finished and Junwoo gathered his belongings, Jimin prepared to leave but bumped into Aeri in the hallway. Aeri, who was supposed to be at home, seemed to have something urgent to discuss with Junwoo.

That would be the first scene the readers would sit on the edge of their seats. While Jimin concealed her suspicions about Aeri's return to the classroom, she discreetly followed her and eavesdropped on the main characters' conversation behind closed doors.

Usually, Jimin couldn't care less about what was happening in their friend circle. It was just unfortunate that her curiosity got the best of her. And that's when she experienced her first heartbreak.

In the orange-hued classroom, Aeri approached Junwoo and talked to him about his upcoming first soccer competition of the year. Hinting that she had feelings for the latter, as cliche as it is, Junwoo was too dense to realize and only thanked Aeri for her encouraging words with a bright smile.

Aeri was a bit sad knowing he didn't get the hint and merely sighed this off, punching him on the shoulder. Well, she tried her best to give him a hint.

Maybe, if Junwoo didn't have that first love of his in his mind, I think he would've taken the hint.

Too bad he's going to confess to that girl tomorrow.

Jimin on the other hand, quickly caught on to what was happening and clenched onto her chest to suppress the ache she felt while listening behind the door. She didn't know Aeri, a close friend, also had feelings for Junwoo.

Ahh... I remember how I made that scene so heartbreaking for Jimin that now I feel really bad for writing and drawing it.

To get through the hurtful feelings she felt, Jimin headed straight to her violin classes and played multiple songs that expressed her confusion and sadness.

As much as I want to hear her play, I don't think I can bring myself to see her sad.

It would've been better if she were to smile.

Smile...to see her happy.

Make her happy.

Wait a damn minute—could this be one of the hints to how I can go back home?!

"I got it!"

Too lost in my thoughts, I didn't realize Junwoo already finished answering the most complicated equation I could give him.

Surprisingly, he got it right this time.

I smiled in relief and gave him a pat on the shoulder, "Good job, man. Although it's a wonder how you got the easiest equations wrong and the most complicated ones correct."

I couldn't help but laugh at the thought and turn to look at him, only to lock eyes with him as he seemed like he'd been staring at my face for a while now...?

Eh, maybe it was just my mind messing with me.

This is a webtoon world, after all.

Nonetheless, we finished exactly an hour later which gave me plenty of time to escape this scenario that I was being forced to be a part of. Therefore, I quickly took my things and waved him goodbye.

The second I opened the door to step out of the classroom, honestly, I didn't think the storyline would progress that fast—I bumped into Aeri under the doorway.

I was going to apologize, but she got ahead of me and smiled apologetically.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter