3 | the world of rom-com

2nd Lead Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

...Ugh, my head hurts.

And my body feels so heavy.

"Noona!!! You have to wake up!"

Hearing an unfamiliar voice of a little boy yelling at me, I suddenly felt something soft hitting my face with medium force. It felt like a pillow—am I having a realistic dream again?

"Come on! Wake up!"

I heard that voice as my face was hit with a pillow again. It continued until I couldn't take it anymore, forcefully opened my eyes, and sat up.

"What the hell?!"

I yelled back at the unknown voice, expecting to only wake up from my dream and see my messy room.

But no, that wasn't it.

As soon as I took grasp of my surroundings, I noticed this small figure standing in my room just next to my bed-

Wait, my room? My bed?

No.

Everything looks different.

My grey walls turned into white, my limited edition posters of my favorite characters and celebrities disappeared, the computer on my desk turned into an Apple one, and my entire collection of retro games on that huge shelf I had disappeared!!!

"Oh, good. You woke up. I was so ready to pour water on your face, y'know?! Dad said breakfast is ready, we should head down!"

And who is this kid?!

Rubbing my eyes, I stared at this little boy while pinching my thighs multiple times, again hoping I would wake up from this dream. 

Nothing is happening.

The little boy raised a brow at me, "What are you doing?"

Weirded out by what the freaking hell is happening, all I could do was look at him and furrow my brows and ask confusedly, "Who are you?"

That's when this kid and I stared at each other for a long moment.

Then, he burst out laughing.

"Dad!!! Noona has gone nuts!!!"

He yelled without darting another look at me and left the room as if nothing even happened. That kinda irritated me a bit. I don't know why, but I have this mysterious urge to pinch his cheeks so hard.

Sigh.

"What a stupid little brother... My-"

Wait, what?

That just came out of my mouth as if it was normal. Nothing felt odd about it, which is weird. And the more I think about the current situation I'm in... the more unknown memories appear in my head.

Okay, let's calm down for a bit and think, Minjeong...

These memories that I never knew or experienced, are slowly building up in my head like pieces of puzzles.

My name is Kim Minjeong, eighteen years old, recently enrolled into a prestigious high school for my last senior year with an athletic scholarship, and living with my Mom, Dad, and little brother.

A complete family, huh?

As for what I did last night—the last time I did was finish the last chapter of my webtoon, but I never really got to submit it since I fell asleep.

Today was supposed to be the day I would be submitting it to that damn editor.

From that point on... everything around me felt peaceful.

*BZZTTT*

Suddenly, I felt something vibrate under my . It felt familiar. So without hesitation, I pulled it out and unexpectedly saw my tablet.

What's this thing doing here???

The consciousness at the back of my head is telling me to open it. When I did, I was immediately met by a glitched logo of the only app on my home screen.

Perplexed, I cautiously opened the app only to find out that all of my progress disappeared.

Except for one character.

Yu Jimin... my favorite character of all time. And the only character I actually enjoyed developing within the story. Well, of course, I developed every character equally, but I just loved the way I built her story.

There's nothing unusual seeing it in this tablet—except for the fact she's completely out of the panel, which I don't remember drawing!

My head hurts just by thinking about it.

Ugh, I need to know what the is going on! I don't want Taeyeon and those two dummies to worry about me...

Just as when I was worrying about those three, the tablet in my hand vibrated again. This time three notifications popped up in my status bar simultaneously.

~ Alert! ~
Welcome, Author!
To your very own world "My Goal In Life"!

~ Alert! ~
You, Author, passed away last night.
Because you pleased the original owner of this tablet with your artistic and storytelling abilities, they bestowed you with mercy and gave you another chance to live with your memories intact!

~ Alert! ~
It appears the Author's consciousness would like to go home to her world.
Worry not! This is possible. However, you must find a way on your own until you reach the last chapter of this story. Beyond that, the exit to your world will close and it will become impossible.
Good luck!

...Huh?

"WHAAAAAATTTTT?!!!"

 

૮ ºﻌºა

 

Okay, after assessing the whole situation I've been in for more than two hours, I'v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter