1 | that's a cool-looking tablet

2nd Lead Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Boring.

This one looks boring too.

Is it just me or why does it feel like I've already read all of the good stories here on FMU?

Sigh...

FMU stands for Fan-made U. Currently it's the most popular app in the world where everyone can discuss, and create fan art, stories, videos, and much more about their favorite celebrity or fictional character.

Today, I'm using my time to browse through the stories here about my favorite idol Dana Jung for an original story I've been making. Although I'm still in high school, it's better to start now than later, right?

I've always wanted to become a famous author and artist. That's why I'm gathering inspiration through reading and looking at fan works here on FMU. So far, I've written ten chapters and drawn three chapters with long panels.

Unlike my friends who kept inviting me to play games with them in the computer cafe, I'm here fangirling over my favorite idols and fictional characters.

I'd say, sixty percent of my everyday life consists of me reading fan fiction and looking at pretty pictures of them.

"Minjeong! Get the hell down here and eat breakfast. Don't you have school?!"

Bummer...

That was my sister, Kim Taeyeon.

After our parents abandoned us when I was only eight, she's been the one working hard and providing for both of us. I've always expected her to end up being a corporate slave considering our circumstances... but then, she suddenly became a famous idol in a girl group called Girls Generation.

I didn't even know she was scouted and has been practicing while also working part-time by joining various dance and singing competitions... and the allowance she receives from her company, she's been giving it to me.

Honestly, I don't know how to repay her but work my out and continue being the top of the class.

Thanks to her, we've been living a comfortable life— she even supports my dreams, allowing me to skip college and pursue my dreams of becoming a webtoon artist. Although I know it's not sustainable for me to provide for myself in the early run, but eonnie is here.

She said to keep chasing it and she'll always be there to support me.

When she told me that after long months of work and not seeing me for a while, I felt like crying in those times—Spoiler alert, I did.

Pfft... I can confidently say that I'm a crybaby.

She's been through so many things.

"After our promotions finishes, we're going to America to film for a comeback."

Taeyeon greeted me with a playful smile as soon as I entered the kitchen.

That smile... I just know she's up to something.

"Then I probably won't see you for a whole month again?"

"Yep."

Taeyeon took off the apron around her, and suddenly—threw a huge pack of M&Ms at me, which I thankfully caught without it hitting my face... It almost did.

She seriously aimed it at my face!

"Nice catch."

"How did you even hide this?!"

As Taeyeon took a seat at the dining table and started eating, I opened the fridge and placed the M&Ms there. I know it's my favorite chocolate, but these days, she's been giving me a lot of it. I may have to cut it off a bit.

I don't want to get diabetes.

The morning ended with her hugging and kissing me on the forehead before letting me walk off to school.

School is just the same old boring thing—studying, reading, and your regular where learning becomes a must-finish work.

One might think I'm one of the popular ones thanks to my sister, but no. I'm that weirdo in the corner who wears a mask due to allergies and likes to do her own thing without interference.

Yeah, my sister is the Kim Taeyeon.

But no one knows that besides my two closest friends, Jisung and Jaehyun.

They're pretty chill people, the only thing is... they're the opposites of me.

I glanced at their desks, only to find out they were skipping classes again, and decided to play at the computer cafe. When I told them to come back and play later, they only sent me a bunch of emojis saying they needed to reach the immortal rank in the game they'd been playing to qualify for a tournament.

Well, there's nothing I can do.

I'll be happy as long as they don't fail their classes and ask me to tutor them.

"Good morning everyone."

Our advisor greeted the class the instant he opened the door and stepped into the classroom. He was a handsome and kind one, so I could already see a lot of stares coming from the girls and the closeted guys around me.

Everyone likes him—well, except for me.

I don't know why, but I just don't have a good feeling about him. No one probably knows about this, though when I was on my way home, I saw him by chance and he kicked a cat to the side with a weird smile on his face.

A freaking CAT!

The poor cat didn't even do anything.

...

Anyway, that's not the point.

I don't hold any grudges against this man, but I'd still be careful around him.

"Alright, everyone get your textbooks and go to page one hundred fifty-two."

 

૮ ・ﻌ・ა

 

Classes en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter