Hallucination

Hyung, I Want To Go Home!!!

 

Along the way to the clinic, Eunhyuk stays silent. Whenever Kyuhyun starts a topic, Eunhyuk will only responds with ‘uhm’, ‘yes’ or ‘no’.

“Hyung-ah…” Kyuhyun tries his luck again.

“KYUHYUN-AH, STOP THE CAR!!!” Eunhyuk suddenly screams.

The shocked Kyuhyun stomps on the break and pulled the handbrake that it made a loud screeching sound.

“What happened?!!!” Kyuhyun ask in anger. Eunhyuk knows how he hates the screeching sound.

“You hit the boy!!” Eunhyuk gets out from the car and runs to the front.

“Boy? Which boy? I didn’t see anyone!” Kyuhyun gets annoyed.

Eunhyuk surprised to see there’s no one under the car.

“This can’t be. I saw that Jungsu boy got hit by us.” Eunhyuk scratches his head.

“Hyung, Jungsu hyung is not here. Your fever is getting serious that it might affect your brain. Let’s get to the clinic before you lose your senses again. Hurry up, we’re blocking the traffic!” Kyuhyun gets into the car and slams the door. He’s really annoyed with Eunhyuk now.

“That’s weird. Yah, Jungsu!!! Stop fooling around!!” Eunhyuk shouts.

“HURRY UP!!!” Kyuhyun shouts from inside the car.

“Sorry, Kyuhyun-ah. I was shocked that…” Eunhyuk apologizes.

“That’s okay, hyung. I can forgive you if you could remain silent until we reached the clinic.” Kyuhyun turns up the volume.

“Ah, jinjja…” Kyuhyun mumbles when Eunhyuk starts to cry all of the sudden and covers his face with his jacket.

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

“Doctor, I keep hallucinates a boy recently. He keeps following me and talks to me. But I am the only person who can see him. What is wrong with me?” I asked the doctor.

“You are having visual hallucination. The most common modality referred to when people speak of hallucinations. These include the phenomena of seeing things which are not present or visual perception which does not reconcile with the consensus reality. There are many different causes, which have been classed as psychophysiologic (a disturbance of brain structure), psychobiochemical (a disturbance of neurotransmitters), and psychological (e.g. meaningful experiences consciousness). Numerous disorders can involve visual hallucinations, ranging from psychotic disorders to dementia to migraine, but experiencing visual hallucinations does not in itself mean there is necessarily a disorder. Maybe it’s because of the fever you start imagining things.” The doctor writes something on the prescriptions paper.

“But how can I recover? My friends thought I’m crazy.” I ask her. I’m worried to look at Kyuhyun’s face just now. I could sense he’s uncomfortable with me.

“We have lots of method, but as I said just now, your hallucination is not serious and you do not have to undergo a treatment. I’ll give you pills and make sure you have a good rest. Don’t push yourself too hard.” The doctor hands me the prescription.

“Thank you, doctor.”

 

“Ahjussi…” I heard that voice again. I want to scream, but I must overcome my fear and ignores him.

“Ahjussi, I’m sorry.” Jungsu follows me to the pharmacy. I look at Kyuhyun who fall asleep on the bench.

I turn around and go to the toilet. As I expected, Jungsu is still behind me.

“What do you want? Stop freaking me out like that. I might die of heart attack because of you.” I said to him.

“I’m really sorry. Sorry for scaring you like that. I promise I won’t do it again. I’ll behave nicely.” Jungsu said, putting on a cute face. Wait, cute?! How can a ghost looking so cute?

“I’m very busy; go disturb someone else, will you?” I ask nicely.

“But YOU brought me here.” Jungsu said innocently.

“Me? Yah, you followed us!”

“No, I just want to take my coral back.” Jungsu shows me the coral.

“Now you get the coral, can’t you just leave?” I ask cynically.

“But I don’t know how to get back to Gyongpodae…”

“What? Can’t you just disappear or anything? You’re a ghost.” I laughed at him.

“I can disappear, but I’m going nowhere. I’ll just stand here.” He demonstrates it for me.

“You still can hear my voice, right ahjussi?” he asked as he disappears.

“Yeah, and cut that crap out!! You’re freaking me out again.” I shiver.

“Sorry. Now, can you send me home? I’ve missed my Mom a lot.” Jungsu said as he wipes his tears.

“You have a Mom?” I’m surprised!! Wow, a ghost has a Mom!!

“I’m a lost soul, ahjussi.” He said.

“It’s just the same.” I laughed.

“No, a ghost is a ghost. A soul is a soul. When I’m dead 6 years ago, I can’t find where my body is. So does my family. That is why I’m a lost soul.” Jungsu explains.

“Why did you die?” It’s weird to talk about death with a dead person.

“I was drowned when we were picnicking at that time.”

“Someone’s inside? Can you make it fast? I need to use the toilet!” A knock on the door startles me.

“We’re going to finish this in my room.” I said to Jungsu.

He smiles and disappears.