CH 02: The Life of Byun Baekhyun

I'm inlove with a commoner named Byun Baekhyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After his shift at Yixing's cafe, Baekhyun went straight to his house. He currently lives in an apartment together with his elder brother. He went up to the second floor of the building where their unit is located. He is in the front door of their unit when he smells something good. When he opened the door, he went straight to the kitchen and saw his brother cooking dinner for the both of them. His brother also came back from his work.

 

"Hyung, what's for dinner?", Baekhyun asks while peeking behind his brother.

"Kimchi stew.", His brother continued what he was doing. "It's the easiest to cook since we have a stock of kimchi.", Baekbeom added.

"You know I'm not picky when it comes to food, hyung. I will change my clothes first then call me if you're done." Baekhyun said while entering their room, his brother nodded while he was busy cooking.

 

 

Their apartment is just a typical small room for two to four persons. It has a small room wherein the siblings placed a double deck for them to sleep on. It also has a small kitchen and a small living room. They have been transferring apartments from time to time since Baekbeom stands as a parent figure for Baekhyun. This one is the only apartment where they stayed for a long time. Baekbeom got a regular job at an advertising company, while Baekhyun is finishing his highschool and next year, he will soon enter a university.

 

 

( ´.ㅅ` )

 

 

After a few minutes, Baekbeom finished cooking their dinner and went to their room to call his dongsaeng. Baekhyun wears simple sweatpants and a gray shirt when he gets out of their room. His brother already fixed the table where they will eat their dinner.

 

"Baek, how's your day in Yixing's cafe?", Baekbeom asked. He never forgets to ask Baekhyun about his day, in this way the siblings get their bond stronger.

"Aigoo, hyung. You will never believe who went in the cafe earlier.", Baekhyun said while gesturing his hands with chopsticks pointed forward. 

"I bet it's something bad and it has to deal with someone who is popular.", Baekbeom said.

"I don't know if you're a mind reader hyung, but it's correct. It's so embarrassing.", Baekhyun face palmed himself.

"So who is it?", Baekbeom asked while chewing his food.

"Park Chanyeol!", Baekhyun shouted. Baekbeom almost choked on what his brother said.

"Park Chanyeol, as in the only heir of Park Corporation?", Baekbeom asked and his dongsaeng only nodded. "What happened?!", Baekbeom asked the younger one another question.

"I spilled coffee on him.", Baekhyun's voice lowered.

"Aigoo, so how's that one going?", Baekbeom asked again, curiously and itchy.

"He shouted at me, saying I'm blind and that's true. I didn't watch my steps, that's why I spilled coffee on him. But hyung, he's so out of this world. He was a haughty person, arrogant, so full of himself. He even said that my monthly salary will never be enough to buy him another branded shirt.", Baekhyun sighed.

"It looks like he's gotten into your nerves. He really pisses you off as I look into you.", Baekbeom said.

"But you know, Hyung? His sister is way more different. She was so cool, she even hit that bastard on the face for showing that kind of attitude.", Baekhyun said, Baekbeom really saw that his brother was amazed by Park's only daughter.

"Yeah, I see it in yourself.", Baekbeom teases.

"I would like to meet her again, hyung.", Baekhyun said, flashing his puppy eyes.

"Aigoo, don't show me your puppy eyes. Let your fate decide.", Baekbeom finished his food and left the table to put his plate in the kitchen sink. Baekhyun followed.

"But hyung, knowing how big South Korea is, do you think I will meet her again?", Baekhyun asks.

"Then spill coffee on her brother again.", Baekbeom laughs when he sees the younger man rolling his eyes.

"I changed my mind, hyung. I hate you.", Baekhyun rolled his eyes again then both of them laughed.




 

( ´.ㅅ` )

 

 

After they finished their dinner, Baekhyun washed their dishes. He always does this in return for his brother who is always cooking their food. After he finished washing the dishes, Baekhyun decided to go out and went to the nearest convenience store to buy an ice cream.

 

He wants to treat his brother to a delicious dinner. He entered the store and went straight to where the ice cream is located. He bought his favorite strawberry flavor and paid for it at the counter. When he was about to leave the store, the rain began to fall. He doesn't have an umbrella because he can't clearly see the clouds during the night. He stayed out of the store and called his brother but unluckily, Baekbeom didn't answer. The rain falls hard and makes Baekhyun cold. There was a tall guy who also stayed outside the store, he looked like a model. The guy wears a white turtleneck and a long coat. He seemed to pass by the area and was caught by the rain. Baekhyun didn't turn his head after he looked at the guy for seconds. Baekhyun froze for a second not because of the rainfall but when he heard the guy speak.


 

"Hhmm, are you cold?", the tall guy asked.

"Don't worry about me, I can endure the cold and I was waiting for the rain to stop.", Baekhyun said.

"I insist. You look cold, you hug yourself for minutes and I bet just a simple shirt can't stand the coldness tonight.", the tall guy said.

"It's okay, don't mind...", Baekhyun was cut off when the tall guy put his long coat on Baekhyun's shoulders.

"You don't look okay. You can bring it back to me, I'll give you my calling card.", the tall guy handed Baekhyun a small piece of card. "I'm Oh Sehun, by the way.", the tall guy reached his hand to Baekhyun for a handshake.

"Byun Baekhyun. I will definitely bring your coat back, it looks expensive.", Baekhyun said.

"I will wait for you to call me.", Sehun said and the rain slowly stopped. Baekhyun only nodded and said goodbye to the tall guy.

 

After Baekhyun leaves, Sehun enters the store to buy some cigarettes. He really intently joined Baekhyun outside earlier and lent him hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter