Chapter 2

The Enigmatic Fan

Miseo's P.O.V

It was almost 8 pm and Seojun would turn up here with Sarang any moment now. To say I was nervous is an understatement of the extreme anxiety I'm feeling right now. I wish Sarang is not too much angry with me for not accompanying her for the whole day because who better than me knows that to handle a raging Sarang as difficult as to handle a real-life fire breathing dragon. Hopefully I wouldn't be burnt down into ashes today.

 

 

The hall gate opened and a head popped out from behind the great wooden door. The slightest lights from the party lights that lighted the outside of venue allowed me to see that Seojun entered the hall guiding a blindfolded Sarang with himself. 

 

 

I tried to pacify my nerves and calm myself down from all the adrenaline rush as Seojun approached the centre of the hall with Sarang. This is it. It's the time of reveal. I hope everything goes fine.

 

 

Just as Seojun started to remove the blindfold from Sarang's eyes he meekly glaced over the hall, ensuring that everything was on place for the surprise. Sarang's eyes fluttered open as she blinked repeatedly and tried to adjust her eyes to the surrounding. That's when everyone brust out with a loud 'Happy Birthday' along with bursting of confetti crackers and spraying of snow foams.

 

 

The expressions on Sarang's face were priceless. She was in a state of awe and a pleasurable disbelief written all over her face. She blinked her eyes again and agian trying to contemplate if everything was real or not.

 

 

 I walked to Sarang and wished her a happy birthday with a sissy hug that I've realised that Sarang loves a lot from my experience with her which agea over a decade now. I rubbed her arms which I realised were slightly trembling under my arms around her. She was surely moved with the surprise. 

 

 

Sarang's eyes became watery as she glanced back to back at Seojun, me and then over the whole hall. It was written in her eyes that she was taken aback by our surprise. I'm glad that we could make her birthday special and that I'm atleast saved from the fire breathing dragon today. Ooo!! My precious life is saved !!! 

 

 

"Gotcha!" I said grinning towards my best friend. She playfully hit my arm and laughed out heartily before saying, "Yes, yes. I agree you got me today. This is really beautiful. How and when did you even plan it? I thought you forgot my birthday."

 

 

I sheepishly ducked my head down as I remembered that I really did forget her birthday today. "Let's just say that I almost forgot it but when I remembered the 'auspicious' day that today is, I immediately tried to mend my mistake. So am I fogiven now ?"

 

 

 She rolled her eyes, grinning at me," Well, I accept the apology as the compensation is quite tempting. Do keep forgetting things like this and I wanna see what you'll come up with in the future." She replied winking at me. 

 

 

I just shrugged her sarcastic remark off and nudged her towards the stage for the cake cutting ceremony. After the cake was cut and Sarang was with the other elites in the party, Cindy came over to me. "It's time for the big surprise. Are you ready ?" She asked me with a overly big grin over her face.

 

 

 "I have been waiting for almost 4 hours, 37 minutes now to know what your big surprise is. Come on, reveal it fast or I might go insane any moment now."

"Chill girl, you know grand surprises always come in the end. Besides I know that you and Sarang are gonna freak out once I reveal it, so might wait a few more minutes for it." she tried to pacify me although all it did was to make my condition worse. 

 

 

What is it that Cindy's so secretive about ? She didn't even tell me about the gift. What is it so big that I'm gonna freak out ? The only plausible thing that I think I can freak out about is that somehow my homeroom teacher turns out here and confront me in front of everyone. What can be more nerve wrecking than a fuming homeroom teacher ? God!! Now that I think about it, I would be doomed if it turns out like that. 

 

 

Just as I was immersed in my thoughts the lightings dimmed out and some shadows were seen over the stage. The spotlight turned to them and I saw a group of people in some awkward positions. Their backs were facing us. Why do they seem so familiar to me ? It's like I have seen those backs thousands of time. It's like I'm well known to those boys standing on the stage.

 

 

 I squinted my eyes as I tried to recognise them. A very, very familiar song started playing and the boys began to grove with it's beats. I was standing a bit far from the stage so I was not able to see who those boys were. But for some reason even though I wanted to go near the stage my feet refused to move. I was stiffened at my place. I took a deep breath as I finally was able to move and approached the stage when the song was almost at the end.The boys had wore masks over their face as they performed the pefect discography of the song. 

 

 

When the song ended everyone clapped their hands and burst out into loud cheers. The boys removed their mask and loud gasps were heard in the hall. When I saw those faces I felt like the world around me started spinning. I froze on my spot and clamped my hands over my mouth in a pathetic try to hide my shock. My legs became wobbly as I tried hard to maintain my composture and prevent myself from crouching just then and there. Blood rushed to my face and breathing became hard. I was panting and my heartbeat was raising at an abnormal rate. I wanted to open my mouth and say something but nothing came out. My words were struck in my throat and I was opening and closing my mouth like a goldfish. 

 

"Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh !!! It's ... it's... it's EXO !!!"a girl screamed. I whipped my head towards the direction of the voice and found one of the guest's daughter jumping up and down on her place and looking over the direction of EXO. I turned my head slowly towards the stage and saw Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Sehun and Lay waving towards the crowd and Cindy conducting the stage with EXO. I suddenly noticed that not all the members of EXO were there. As if that was going to make my situation any better. 

 

 "We are EXO ! We are one !" chanted the four boys bowing down 90° to introduce themselves and show their respect. Just as they looked up, Cindy started, "On the behalf of the Kim family I wanna thank all the EXO members for arranging time from their busy schedule and brightening up the party of our lovely best friend and the only heir to the Kim family, Sarang, and making the day a memorable one for everyone present here, please feel free to join us and enjoy the party." 

 

 

EXO members thanked the crowd and got off the stage. From my peripheral vision I saw Cindy leading them towards my direction. When I turned my head completely towards the members I saw them approaching me with million dollar smiles on their face.

 

 

Omg! Omg! A-a-are EXO members a-approaching me with those s-smiles on their faces !!! Wait, wait, wait !!!! What do I do ?? What do I do ???? Where should I run to ???

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/n: Cliffhangers! Cliffhangers!

What will happen now ? Is Miseo meeting EXO for the first time or she has an older connection with them ? Would a big truth about Park Miseo be revealed to the world or would she get out of this situation unharmed ? What turn would her life take after this meeting ?