Chapter 15

You Never Walk Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was the last day of the exams. You have been seeing all the wolves occasionally except Jimin and Taehyung. It hurt you a lot. Each of the boys had a special place in your heart and that goes without saying that Taehyung and Jimin had their own spot as well. 

But if they really didn’t want you as their mates anymore, who were you to force them to continue to accept you? 

“What’s wrong? You’ve been sighing.” Namjoon’s voice broke you out of your thoughts. You blinked and turned to him, staring at his face. He had a worried look on his face. 

“What happens if… werewolves reject their mate?” You asked. 

“What do you mean?” 

“Kookie was telling me about how mates are fated by the moon goddess. But if a werewolf meets his or her mate and doesn’t like them, what happens? What happens to the mate bond that you guys were talking about?” You explained your question. Hoseok and Jin, who were sitting behind the two of you heard what you asked and their blood ran cold. 

“Well, if they haven’t officially mated, they can just ignore it? But it’ll always be there. If they officially mated but decided not to be mates anymore, it’ll hurt them significantly.” Namjoon explained. 

“Hurt them?” 

“The mating bond can kill them. If they try to mate with others, it will really hurt. Why do you ask?” He tilted his head.

“I just wanted to know… you know since… Taehyung and Jimin probably don’t want me as their mate anymore…” It was a hard pill to swallow and you winced as you said that. 

“Those two idiots.” Jin sighed. 

 “Poor (y/n). That explains why we feel her heart break.” Hoseok whimpered. The bus came to a stop and all of you got off. 

“Hey, don’t think about them now, alright? Focus on yourself and your exams now. It’ll be okay. Don’t put too much on your plate. We’ll take things one step at a time, hmm?” Namjoon cupped your cheek, giving you a soft smile. You nodded your head. 

“It’s the final stretch. You can do it.” Hoseok patted your shoulder. 

“Thank you for being here with me. Even with everything that happened.” You looked down. Jin tilted your chin up to look at him. 

“It’s not your fault. Like Namjoon said, don’t worry about that for now. We’re mates, we will figure things out together. A small disagreement isn’t going to split us.” Jin smiled. 

“Alright.” You held his hand and walked into class with all of them. 

After the exam, you were suddenly called in for a shift at work so you told the boys to go home first while you went to work. 

“We’ll take you.” Hoseok said. 

“It’s okay. Go home and rest. Besides, I have to use the restroom before I go. I’ll call when I reach.” You smiled reassuringly. They nodded, giving you hugs and discreet kisses before leaving. You went to the restroom and when you were done, you were washing your hands with a small hum. Suddenly, the door burst open and you jumped in shock. 

“Not so tough without your knights, huh?” Kira crossed her arms. You took a wary step back as one of her girls locked the door. You’ve watched enough television to know what happens next. 

“Why so quiet?” She tilted her head to the side. 

“Kira, don’t.” You said. 

“Don’t what? What am I going to do? You act all high and mighty just because you managed to charm the 7 new kids when we all know, you’re a nobody.” Kira smirked. 

“Stop.” You closed your eyes, clenching your fists. 

“Getting angry? It’s the truth and you know it, (y/n). You will always be a nobody. You’re nothing!” Kira raised a hand. 

And there, you felt it. The stinging on your cheek that left a dull burn. You held your cheek in horror. No one has ever hit you before. From that point, there were just a rain of punches and kicks to your body. Grunting, you fell to the ground and curled upon yourself in a weak attempt to protect yourself. 

“That will teach you a lesson!”

“Don’t try to be someone you’re not!” 

You just laid there, feeling all the pain in your body. A kick to your stomach made you choke and wheeze. 

“Let’s go.” Kira rolled her eyes and left with her group. Your body felt numb by all the pain as you cried into your arm. Slowly, you felt your vision start to cave in and turn to black. 

The door to the wolves’ property slammed open. 

“Park Jimin! Kim Taehyung!” Namjoon shouted and the two came down at their leader’s serious voice. Hoseok and Jin stood behind him, arms crossed with looks of anger on their faces. Taehyung and Jimin did not look like they were in the best condition either. They were paler, unshaven with dark circles under their eyes from lack of sleep. 

“You two better find our mate before it is too late.” Namjoon said. 

“What do you mean?” Taehyung asked. 

“She-”

“Guys. Something is wrong. Do you feel that?” Yoongi came down. All of them looked at the older then they felt it. The feeling was faint but there. Their eyes widened, something happened to their mate. 

“She said she was called in last minute for work and told us to go home first. She was supposed to call us when she reaches.. I’ll call her.” Jin took his phone out to call her but there was no answer. Jimin sat on the couch, shivering lightly at the gut stirring feeling. 

“I’ll call her work place.” Yoongi called your manager.

“Hello-”

“May? It’s Yoongi. Is (y/n) there?” He asked. 

“Hey, Yoongi. Uhhh no. (y/n) hasn’t come in yet. Her shift started 15 minutes ago but she hasn’t shown up. I tried to call her cellphone but she didn’t answer too. Is everything okay?” 

“Yeah. Thanks, May.” Yoongi quickly hung up. He looked at his brothers and shook his head. 

“We’re leaving. Now.” They all ran out of the house. 

“Yoongi and Hoseok, go to her work place. Youngest 3, to the school. Jin and I will go to her house and the lake.” Namjoon said. Everyone nodded and sprinted off. Namjoon and Jin shifted while the rest remained in human form. Taehyung’s heart pounded against his chest as he ran. Was this what Namjoon meant by too late? 

“Check the bathrooms? The last time they saw her, she was going to the bathrooms.” Jimin suggested. 

“We’ll split up and cover the different floors.” Jungkook said. He took the third floor while Taehyung took the second floor and Jimin took the first floor. Most of the students were gone, considering the exams were over. 

“My mate. Please tell me where you are.” Taehyung whimpered. 

“Third floor is cleared.” Jungkook reported. Taehyung opened the door of the last bathroom on the second floor and his eyes widened at the figure that laid on the floor. 

“(y/n)!” Taehyung screamed and rushed to you. Jimin and Jungkook heard his shouts and came downstairs to join him. 

“No!” Jimin ran forward as Jungkook’s eyes widened. 

“We need to get her to a hospital.” Jungkook said as Taehyung lifted your unconscious body in his arms. Jimin called out to you constantly but you were out cold. They ran all the way to the hospital. Jungkook got the attention of nurses, who wheeled a gurney out and took you to emergency. 

“Please, help her.” Jimin cried. 

“She’ll be okay, son.” The nurse assured and closed the doors, preventing them from entering the restricted area. Rather quickly, the 4 older wolves joined the three. Jungkook was pacing up and down.

“What happened?” Jin asked. 

“Tae found her unconscious in the school bathroom.” Jimin whispered. Taehyung looked at his shaky hands, how could someone hurt you like that?

“Family of (y/l/n) (y/n)?” The nurse came out and the 7 boys rushed to her. She stared at them. 

“We’re her brothers… adopted.” Namjoon lied and the nurse nodded her head slowly, seemingly unconvinced but there was no one else stepping up a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter