Chapter 14

You Never Walk Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let’s talk about what’s going on.” You said as you sat down. The boys all looked at each other. 

“No mental conversations! Tell me everything.” You whined. 

“Relax, jagi. We’re not having a mental conversation, we just looked at each other, that’s all.” Yoongi chuckled, ruffling your hair. You huffed and leaned back, tucking yourself under his arm to cuddle him. He draped an arm around you lazily to embrace you. 

“With you being the princes’ mate, there are bound to be… some rivals that try to get to us through you.” Namjoon explained. 

“They see you as our weakness.” 

“But the first time they appeared, when all of you were still wolves, before all of this happened. We weren’t mates yet, right? Or at least, not verbally claimed as mates.” You said. 

“They must have assumed then because they found the whole pack living with you. The other packs, even the rogues, would do anything to try and take down the royal pack and take their place. It’s one of the downsides of being royal, I guess. But don’t worry, we’ll never let them hurt you.” Yoongi rubbed the side of your arm in reassurance. 

“I trust you guys.” You forced a smile. 

“We’ll just have to patrol more and make sure that no one else crosses the border.” Jungkook shrugged. 

“They know where I live.” You said in realisation. All the other enemy wolf attacks have been in the area of your home. And today, the other wolf was waiting for you in front of your house while another attacked Jungkook. 

“Don’t worry. We will figure something out.” Taehyung comforted and you nodded your head. 

“Shall I make dinner?” You offered. 

“You don’t have to. We can just order delivery and relax.” Hoseok said. You shook your head, wanting to get your mind off thigns by cooking dinner for them. Besides, it has been a while since you cooked. 

“I can handle it. You guys just chill.” You waved them off. Having cooked with Yoongi and Jin, as well as make snacks with Jungkook, in their kitchen multiple times, you were quite familiar with the layout of the space and knew where everything was placed. 

“What shall we do?” Jimin asked. 

“Like Jungkook said, have more patrol. But they do know where she lives so that’s another problem. We can’t be there 24/7 just to wait for an enemy attack.” Namjoon said. 

“Why not?” 

“Because Tae, she needs her space too. She won’t like it and it is an invasion of her privacy.” Yoongi pointed out. 

“Maybe we can convince her to camp over here for a while? And just… stay in?” Jin suggested. 

“That’s not a bad idea, hyung. Either that or we travel for a few days just to let things settle. I’m not sure if getting her to stay here and abandoning the house is going to be so effective. She’ll get worried that someone might attack her cabin. And it’s her grandfather’s so all the more will she want to protect it from destruction.” Namjoon shook his head. 

“He’s right.” Yoongi nodded. 

“Then we go on a holiday instead? Firstly, she won’t let us pay for her. Secondly, she won’t skip exams or work just because we want to protect her.” Hoseok said and everyone nodded in agreement. 

“Let’s just bring the idea up. See what she says or how she reacts to it.” Jungkook told them. 

“Jungkook is right. But let’s tell her nicely and explain our reasons that we’re doing it to keep her safe and that we know it’s hard but we have to. Don’t make her upset or angry.” Namjoon said.

“Asking her to skip exams, skip work and stay with us? Hyung, she might get angry either way.” Taehyung stated.

“Boys, cut the mental conversation. Dinner is ready.” You laughed as you called out to them. For dinner, you made bibimmyeon with pan seared beef slices on the side, the boys’ favourite. They all sat down with stiff looks on their faces, making you a little worried. 

“What?” You asked. 

“Nothing.” Jungkook shook his head. 

“It’s not nothing if you guys all have the same look on your face.” You said as you took all the cutlery from the kitchen and handed them out. 

“Let’s eat first, okay?” Jin ruffled your hair. You nodded and sat down. The boys tried their best to act normal and still have the usual conversations with you through the dinner. 

“There are still 4 exams to go.” You sighed. 

“Anyway, thanks again for what you did yesterday, Koo. I still feel so bad that you had to miss the exam and forfeit your exam entire grade because of me.” Your head hung low in guilt as you remembered what the teacher said.

“Don’t feel bad, (y/n). It’s not your fault and like I said, the exam and grade is more important to you than it is to me. I never wanted to take the exam anyway so I never really studied. I would rather me forfeit the grade than you. You’ve actually worked hard and you shouldn’t have to forgo your chance just because Kira decided to be a b*tch.” Jungkook shrugged. 

“Then why would you even go for the exam?” You asked. 

“I go for you. To support you.” He said honestly and you softened at that, reaching over to hold his hand. 

“That means a lot, Kookie. Thank you. But studies and grades are still important, okay?” You smiled, squeezing his hand lightly. He nodded obediently with a bunny smile. 

After dinner, you sat in the living room, waiting for the boys to clean up and do the dishes. You wanted to help but since you cooked, they didn’t allow it. 

“Coffee?” Yoongi asked. 

“Yes, please.” You smiled and he walked away to fix you an iced coffee. He set in front of you, taking the seat beside you. His hand squeezed your waist as he kissed your cheek lovingly. You yawned and leaned against his chest comfortably as you waited for the others. 

“All done?” Yoongi asked the 6 who came. They nodded and took their respective seats. 

“So, with what happened yesterday, it is normal for us to be concerned about your safety, (y/n). You’re our mate and we want to make sure your safe and well protected.” Namjoon said and you nodded. 

“We think it’s best that you come and stay with us temporarily. And just stay in for the time being.” He continued, looking at you.

“What do you mean?”

“Stay with us for now. And I know it’s going against what you want but we don’t think you should go to school for the remaining exams and work for a while.” Jin explained.

“You say it’s for the best. The best for me or you?” You asked. 

“Of course, you. This way, it’ll be easier to protect you. And since you’ll be with us and not alone, the enemies are less likely to strike, knowing that the 7 of us are here to defend you.” Yoongi said from beside you.

“I… I can’t.” You shook your head. 

“(y/n), we know you’re worried because it is your grandfather’s cabin. We promise to protect it and make sure that nothing happens to it. Our plan is to still be patrolling the area as we always do to make sure that no one else crosses over the border. As for work and exams, we have to prioritise your safety.” Hoseok informed. 

“How long will I have to stay here? Trapped?”

“You won’t be trapped, (y/n). We don’t kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter