Chapter 11

You Never Walk Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m bored.” Jungkook groaned, rolling over Jin’s back. 

“Yah! Get off me!” Jin exclaimed with a frown and lifted his back to push the youngest off him. You couldn’t help but laugh, even as humans, Jungkook would always find a way to disturb Jin.

“Jungkook, we’re all trying to study here. Exams are coming up soon.” Namjoon lectured. Jungkook pouted, scrunching his nose at the leader before he scooted up to you, wrapping his arms around your waist and pressing his cheek against your back. 

“Stop it. You’re not a pup anymore.” Taehyung pulled the end Jungkook’s hoodie in an attempt to separate him from you. 

“I-It’s okay.” Your cheeks heated up slightly at Jungkook’s close contact with yours. 

“See? My mate likes it when I do this.” Jungkook sang in a teasing way, making you choke. The others all sent him disapproving looks. This was how it was, the boys would come to your cabin study with you or you would go to their’s. 

“I can’t get this…” You frowned slightly. 

“Come here, let me see. I’ll check your workings.” Namjoon leaned in and you showed him your book. Your answers for the math questions just couldn’t match the answer sheet and it was really annoying you. You knew Namjoon was smart. He had a high IQ and always scored full marks for all his tests. Namjoon scanned through all your workings. 

“There’s an error in your method. Do it this way.” He wrote it out for you. 

“I see.” You put the numbers in and he watched over you, guiding you when you got stuck or confused. 

“You’re a genius!” Grabbing his face, you gave him a big kiss on the cheek. But of course, as usual, you realised what you did and pulled away in embarrassment. Namjoon just blinked in shock while the others stared.

“I’m a genius too. Do I get a kiss?” Jimin smiled up at you. 

“Uh… I need to go…” You lied and tried to stand up but forgot that Jungkook’s arms were around your waist. The boys knew for a fact that you were working lesser shifts at the cafe because of your exams.

“Come on, you can’t be showing favouritism this early in our relationship.” Hoseok teased and you blushed. 

“R-Relationship? You guys didn’t even ask me out properly!” You blurted in an attempt to defend yourself but you were soon caged between Taehyung and Jungkook. They were staring at you with such a different look and Taehyung held his cheek out to you. 

“You’re already our mate. It’s fated.” Yoongi snorted, crossing his arms. He was secretly hoping for a little peck from you later too. 

“Do I have too?” You squeaked. 

“Unless you’re saying you like Namjoon hyung more than all of us.” Jimin pouted and you sighed, giving Taehyung a kiss, followed by Jimin and Jungkook then Hoseok. 

“Come on, you two.” You held your arms out. Jin smiled and decided to give you a peck instead while Yoongi kissed your temple. But even after he pulled away, he kept his arm around you. The younger ones have been hogging you that he wanted to have you close to him now. They pouted when they saw that Yoongi wasn’t going to let you go any time soon. 

“Actually, (y/n). We have something to ask you.” Namjoon said and you nodded your head. 

“You’re curious about all our necklaces. They all represent us and each have their own colour. Only those in the royal bloodline have it.” Jin explained and everyone pulled their necklaces out. 

“They’re pretty.” You held Yoongi’s black charm in your hand. 

“Well, you have one too.” Yoongi whispered and you stopped. You looked up at him, searching his eyes for any sign of a joke. 

“You’re joking.” 

“No, you really have one. We have been keeping yours, waiting for the time that you came into our lives. When you found out about us and everything, we were going to give it to you. ” Namjoon took out a white, rectangular box. 

“Open it.” Hoseok encouraged. You received it with two hands, being extra careful not to drop it or anything. 

“It’s… beautiful. It’s really mine?” You stared at the iridescent white crystal charm hanging from the black loop and looked up at them. 

“Yes, it’s really yours. It’s a sign that you’re the mate of the royal princes.” Taehyung leaned back on his hands. Yoongi, being the closest, took the necklace out and you lifted your hair for him to put it around your neck, clasping it safely. You looked down at the charm. 

“Thank you.” You smiled up at them. 

With that, you all continued studying. Jungkook constantly got up to go and get more snacks and drinks, not wanting to study anymore. 

“I’m going to game.” Jungkook kissed your cheek casually and saluted before going upstairs to his room. You blushed while the others shook their heads. Jungkook could do whatever he wanted. He didn’t need to study or get good grades.

“Can I ask you guys something?” You spoke. They nodded their heads. 

“I was researching online, which I know you guys don’t really want me to since there are just a lot of false information there. But I read something about heats and/or ruts. What’s that? Do you guys have it?” You asked. They choked. 

“W-Well… We do. The alphas and betas go through ruts. The omegas go through heats.” Namjoon said. All the boys were slightly red.

“Ruts and heats lasts for a week and it’s basically our wolf side having the need to breed.” Jin explained. 

“Oh…” Now you were also red, realising what you asked them. 

“We were going to talk to you about that when you got more comfortable since we didn’t want to overload you with too much information. It wouldn’t really be safe for you to be around the house when any of us are going through ruts or heats now that we have you as our mate. But don’t be scared or anything, we all react to our heats differently.” Jimin continued. 

“I understand. So when are your ruts or heats?” 

“In two weeks. We’ll just have to refrain from getting too close to one another in that week of it. It gets a little more intense around the middle of the week with the full moon.” Yoongi informed. 

“So on that night, stay away from us.” Taehyung chuckled in a serious and joking way. You nodded your head again, making a mental note. 

“When is this going to be over?” Jimin whined. Truthfully, everyone was getting tired of spending their days studying. You just accepted them as mates, you should all be playing and having fun together as mates but the exams just had to all the fun out of it. 

“Let’s continue then break for dinner.” Hoseok suggested and everyone agreed to that. Jungkook came back down, rubbing his eyes. He laid dow on the couch to wait for dinner. 

“Shall we make ramen tonight?” Jungkook lifted his head. 

“I don’t mind. Yoongi and Jin are tired. They shouldn’t cook.” You smiled. The two older ones gave you grateful smiles. 

“She’s always so understanding.” Yoongi softened. 

“I’ll cook!” Jungkook stood up and shuffled into the kitchen to start cooking ramen. Jin decided to go get some pork belly out to pan fry as well to accompany the noodles. 

“Sure you don’t want boiled chicken instead of the pork belly, Chim?” You nudged him while chuckling. He shot you such a dirty look, letting out a playful growl. The whole thing with the bland, boiled chicken has become an inside joke between you and Jimin now. You and him constantly teased each other about it. 

“But that’s how I knew it was you in my dream. The first thing you told me was no more bland chicken.” Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter