Chapter 15: Guilty

Our Wish

Song recommended: I Wait - Day6

"Ah! Where did I put it?!" 

"Stop moving, Yujin. You make me dizzy!" Yena complains.

The younger just ignores the words. She keep digging her bag, again and again, like, it's already her tenth time doing so. Again, she walks to every locker they have, opens them one by one to search for her wallet. 

"I swear I had it before! Did someone stole it while we were training?" Yujin rakes fingers through her hair in frustration.

"I don't think so. I was the last person to leave this room and I locked it." Chaeyeon denies. The unnies help to look for it around the room too.

"Maybe you left it somewhere?" Hyewon rests her back against the locker.

"What was your last destination before you came here?" asked Yena. She already surrenders to search further. Sore from the training is acting her muscles right now.

"I visited Wonyoung at her class." 

Yena shows her lopsided grin. 

"What for?"

"None of your business, unnie." Yujin rolls her eyes. She knows they will more if they know her plan.

"I bet it's an ice cream date." Chaeyeon smirks.

"I bet the same." A teasing smile appears on Hyewon's face.

"No!" The younger's cheeks start to flush. The unnies are right. it's true she's planning to treat Wonyoung ice cream after this. She dropped by her class to notify the girl about her plan and Wonyoung agreed easily.

"Are you planning to confess to her?" The teasing won't stop as she wants.

"No, unnie!" 

"Why? You don't like her already? Your feelings change?" 

"Stop!" Yujin keeps all her things inside her bag. 

I'm gonna get my out of here!

"Ah~ her feelings change already~" 

"I SWEAR I LIKE HER SO MUCH I COULD DIE JUST BY LOOKING AT HER SMILE! Satisfied now?"

"Woo~ Calm down.. We were joking." Chaeyeon quickly hugs Yujin's shoulder. She signals the others to stop the tease already. The maknae is quite sensitive right now.

What comes next is a few slow knocks on the door. All of them share their confused gazes.

"Who?" Yena asked.

"Eunseo maybe. Her bag is still here." Hyewon points at a light purple backpack on the bench.

"That's weird. She knocked?" Chaeyeon steps towards the door, opens it casually.

"Er.. I come here to give this wallet.. You left it on my table." Wonyoung smiles.

Chaeyeon slightly steps back, glancing at the others. They all turn pale at the sight.

Did she hear what Yujin said? 

"Ah yeah, Yujin was crazily looking for it.  Thanks god, you have it. It's destiny, right, Yujin?" Chaeyeon tries to cover up with her awkward laugh. She eyed Yujin to join her.

"Y-yeah. T-that's right!" Yujin knocks herself back to reality.

"Ah! You guys got a plan after this, right? Take care of yourself, okay? Don't cross the curfew." Yena steps in, pushing Yujin out of the room.

"Wait- unnie!" 

"Goodluck! Bye!"

Yena closes the door and locks it.

"That's awkward." Hyewon folds her arms.

"Do you think she heard it?" Yena whispers. She eavesdropped on the door. No voice already. The maknaes were already gone.

"She won't. She didn't look surprised." Chaeyeon shrugs.

"That's a relief." Hyewon lays down on the bench, resting her exhausted body.

"I gotta go now." Chaeyeon goes to get her bag from the locker and takes a chance to fix herself in front of the mirror.

"Don't say you got a date with Sakura too?"

"I'm about to say that actually." She grins.

Yena lays down on the bench too with her top of the head meet Hyewon's and their legs pointing at the opposite sides of each other.

They both roll their eyes towards Chaeyeon.

"Day by day, friendship is nothing." Yena mutters soullessly.

"Wait until you date, duh. Wait.. Forget it." Chaeyeon just remembers both of them like the same girl.

"The last person locks the room." She put a bunch of keys on the small white table beside the door before leaving.

Now only 99z left in the room and they are not planning to leave yet.

And it feels quiet...

Hyewon throws her sight towards the ceiling as she lost in her thought.

 

A few moments later...

 

"Hey."

"Hmm?" She heard Yena's low hum.

"Why did you say that?"

"What?" The voice is still at a low volume.

"At cafeteria."

It turns silent for a few seconds before Yena replies.

"I wonder too."

Silence passes through again.

"We both know she likes you."

"..."

"And I know we both like the same person."

Hyewon doesn't get any response but she still wants to resume her words.

"I disregard the chance I had in the past..." She presses her lips together.

"... I won't let it happen again this time. I don't want to give up this time. I can't lie to my feelings anymore."

She receives silence instead of a reply.

"You don't want to say anything?"

Hyewon feels something off as the girl keeps giving her silent treatment. She gets up just to witness the sleeping duck.

"Ah, Seriously?"

She wants to smack the girl but seeing her sleeping peacefully ends Hyewon's intention. Giving it up, she walks towards the door with her backpack and but turns her head for a while towards the sleeping girl.

"I'm sorry but everything I said just now, I really mean it." 

She leaves the room with mixed feelings inside. It's not that she's selfish. But, yeah, everyone would think she is right now.

I do think about our friendship. But, what should I do with growing feelings inside? It keeps hurting day by day. I can't bear it anymore.

Her fist tightens, so does her chest.

Somehow, I'm afraid of the future.

"You guys have already done with the training?"

The voice startled her. The girl stops in front of her with a soft smile shown on her face.

"Yeah. The training ends earlier today."

Chaewon's eyes wander around and Hyewon understands right away.

"She's sleeping inside." Hyewon gestures her thumbs behind her back, pointing at the brown modern-designed door.

"Oh.. I thought she already go back home."  

Hyewon shakes her head.

"By the way, can you help me wake her up? That brat might be trapped in this school if she doesn't go home sooner. The ghosts here won't like that noisy duck." 

Both of them chuckle.

"Sure, I will. You are heading back home now?" 

Hyewon rubs her nape.

"Speaking of that, is Yuri still in school?" Her voice sounded full of hope.

This unnie is really fond of Yuri, I see..

"I'm not sure. I guess she's heading to the bus stop right now. We just dismissed like 10 minutes ago."

"Oh okay-" Hyewon can't hold her smile.

Then she might still not reaching the school gate yet. I should hurry.

"-I will leave that brat to you. Tell her to call Eunseo if that girl is still not coming to get her bag. Thank you in advance, Chaewon." She pats Chaewon's shoulder before rushing out to meet the one she has been longing for.

As she sends her wave to the older, Chaewon slowly approaches the changing room, hand on the doorknob, and open the door very carefully. She don't want to disturb the sleeping unnie.

However, her forehead creases when she went inside.

"I thought you were sleeping?"

Yena lifts her head when she hears the voice. 

"Nah." She mutters. She just pretending to sleep. Why? She can't bear the pain if they continue the conversation.

Chaewon takes a seat beside the sitting older as her eyes wander around. The room looks so neat and clean, except for the sweaty smell. It's understandable. They have just finished the training.

"Hyewon unnie told me you were sleeping."

She only receives a low hum as a response. Low and weak one.

Suspicious.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"Nothing."

Nothing is something.

"Sure." Chaewon just let some times pass by, hoping it's enough for the older to open up.

Gladly, she is.

"Do you have someone you like right now, Chaewon?"

But Chaewon doesn't expect that question will come out and got her to choke her own saliva.

"M- Me?" She stutters. 

"Yeah." The older stares as she waits.

"Not at the moment."

Words can lie. But her eyes won't.

"-Why did you ask?"

Yena lets out a sigh before lying her head on Chaewon's lap. Her action makes the younger gasp.

"What would you do if you found out your best friend and you like the same person?"

Chaewon leans back a bit, with her frowned face but eyes still won't leave the breathtaking looking in front of her eyes. 

She can't hear the storm in me, right? Please don't.

"Distress. Trapped." She can answer the question easily. She's in the same dilemma too. And pain. Because of her foolish mistake.

"Right. That's how I feel right now." Yena rubs at the middle of her forehead. She looked so troubled.

"Did something happened between you and Hyewon unnie? Are you fighting each other?" 

The older denies right away with a headshake.

"That's a relief. You guys would just fight to the death for food." Chaewon chuckles.

"But I'm afraid we will in the future." Yena replies with a weak smile. Her hands are fidgeting at both sides.

"Why?" 

"Remember the thing we talked at the camp? Maybe I was wrong about her." 

At that moment, Yena starts to tell everything that bothers her mind, including what happened at the restaurant and in the changing room just now. To think about it, she is not the type that simply do that even with Yujin and the others. She prefers to keep it to herself but looks at it now, she just told everything to the girl she just knew for only 2 months (?) Maybe because of Chaewon's soft and calm personality, Yena found it so comfortable to talk with her even for a deep conversation. She trusts this friend so much.

"Chaewon-ah, Should I be worried?" The older looks up to the calm girl who is hiding a storm inside her chest.

A pair of eyes full of worrisome meet with a pair of eyes full of affection.

"I don't know, unnie." The younger answers in a low voice.

"The initial plan won't work anymore. Should I just confess to Yuri? What do you think?" 

Without Chaewon even realizing it, her left fist clenched spontaneously.

"W-what about Hyewon unnie? You said you won't betray her?" The younger become nervous. 

"Did I say that?" Yena points at herself.

"Yes. You said that to me, unnie. You don't remember?" Chaewon rolls her eyes.

"Argh! I don't know anymore. Why on earth we must like the same girl?!" The older rants with her legs swaying up and down. 

"I'm thinking the same." Chaewon shows her half-smile. At the same time, she's holding herself not to touch the older's hair. The way they wavering on her laps whenever the older make a movement really gives her a temptation to touch and caress them slowly.

Why on earth I would fall for you, Yena unnie, knowing someone else is chasing your heart, right now?  Why-

"Hey, should we just date each other?" They meet their gazes and not blinking even once. 

"W-What?" Chaewon's heart stops beating for one second.

Yena bursts into a laugh. 

"You face turns pale quickly as if you see a ghost." The older is having fun teasing.

"It's not funny, unnie." Chaewon pushes the older away and almost makes her fall from the bench. She sends her death glare after that.

Yena breaks off her laugh immediately when her eyes catch the glare. Her body quickly gets the warning to act appropriately after that including . Because of her, the room turns into awkward silence.

And the door got knocked. Eunseo comes in with a shocked expression.

"Oh, sorry for disturbing. Just want to get my things." Eunseo rubs her nape with a smile on her face. her eyes reach the unfamiliar person inside the room. She raises her eyebrow towards Yena.

"My classmate, Chaewon." Yena understands and explains right away.

Eunseo mouthed an 'O' before walking to grab her bag and a few things from her locker. She steals a few glances towards the short-haired girl who is staring down the floor like there is something interesting on it. She notices the blushed face. Before she leaves the room, Eunseo mouthed something to Yena that cause the blonde-haired girl is about to throw her shoe towards the older. She giggles while closing the door, leaving some privacy to her juniors.

"That's Eunseo unnie. She's in the same year as Sakura unnie." Yena promptly breaks the awkward silence.

The younger nods. She tries to get back into reality while her mind is trapping her with the incident just now.

"Hey."

Chaewon glimpses at the fidgeting hands beside her.

"If I ask the same question to Yuri. Will she react the same as you?" asked Yena.

Chaewon chuckles. More like a heartless chuckle.

"Of course not. She likes you so much. She will be so happy to hear that from you." Her tone is unpredictable. Between irritated and disappointed. But Yena is too busy to notice that. Busy thinking about someone else.

"You think so?" The older's expression brightens up while the other person is sullen.

"Yeah."

"How about you?"

"What?"

"What if Minju asks you that question? Would you reacts the same?"

Chaewon frowns hard.

"All of sudden? Why did you ask?"

Yena shrugs.

"Minju likes you. Did you acknowledge that?"

"So?" Chaewon gets up and brushes off some dirt on her skirt.

"I am an expert, you know. I can tell if someone likes a person." Yena states proudly. She stands up too and collects all her things at once.

Chaewon snorts.

"So, can you tell me, who is the one I like?" She dares.

Yena's eyes are wide opened.

"Wait, so you have someone you like? In this school?" The older is in disbelief.

Chaewon just ignores the older and walks to the door with her annoyed expression and she doesn't even understand the reason behind that expression.

Is it because of the stupid prank the older did just now that almost give me a heart attack or because of her stupid claim that she can notice other people's feelings but not mine? Nah. It's both. I regret my decision to come here. I should just leave her alone and make her get trapped in this school and got beaten by the ghosts so she can have her right mind back.

"Hey! You didn't answer my question yet!" Yena clumsily rushes to the younger and bumps her back when Chaewon suddenly stops at the door. Yena groans in pain while holding her nose.

Chaewon turns around to the older and narrows her gaze.

"You said you can tell other people's feelings, so why can't you tell mine?" She asks sarcastically.

"Because you are good at hiding your feelings, I guess? While the others don't." Yena shows her foolish grin.

Chaewon rolls her eyes.

"Then, you are not an expert but I am." 

The younger then walks out of the room and leaves the older behind. Yena hurriedly grabs the keys on the white table, locking the door clumsily before going after the younger. The corridor is already empty with only two of them left.  But they can see more students wandering outside the school building. Must be on their way home too.

"So.." Yena successfully getting herself on track, walking beside Chaewon after that exhausting run.

"... The one you like ... Is it Minju?" She try to guess shamelessly. Still putting up her effort to claim the title of  the expect back.

"Just give up already, unnie."

"Wait! If it's Minju, I can help setting you guys up." Yena volunteers.

Chaewon stopped in her track again.

"Heol, Gladly I'm walking beside you or else, I might break my nose next." The older lets out a relief sigh.

Chaewon squints her eyes.

"You are offering me your help? In fact, you still can't solve your own." She mocks before continuing her walk towards the car waiting for her at the school gate.

That made Yena feels like she's getting challenged.  Something triggered inside her.

"Fine. Let's do it!" She speaks in serious tone and gains Chaewon's attention right away.

The younger turns around and give her a questioned look.

Yena steps closer and sways her pointing fingers towards Chaewon.

"On upcoming sports day, if our class win the women relay race, I will confess to Yuri and you will have to confess to the person you like."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Flashback]

Both of them sigh simultaneously that make a few students sitting in front turn back, giving them a weird look.

"Let's wrap up for today. Good job, everyone." Taeyeon seongsaenim ends the class and steps out from the music room after saying goodbye to her students.

"I can't focus at all." Yuri slumps her head onto the table. 

Chaewon rests her chin on her palm as she blankly staring out of the window beside her seat.

On their mind, it is the same thing wandering around.

She told those to Yuri, it made things looked suspicious. Look! this girl already in daze the whole class, it can be the whole day.

Chaewon steals glances towards the small girl beside her. Yuri is playing with her own sleeves while mumbling to herself which Chaewon can't hear clearly.

What does she means by saying those? She knew I like someone? Wait! She already knew I like her?!

Yuri bangs her head to the table spontaneously. Chaewon got startled beside her and straighten up her back.

"Er.. That must be hurt.."

The sound also got the same students looking at them just now shocked too.

Today must be a bad day for her. 

The younger responds to Chaewon with a slow head shake. It does hurt her forehead but cannot beat the ache in her head. In the meantime, their phone pop up the same notification. It's from their group chat.

"Minju is so fast, adding them two into the group." Chaewon chuckles as she open the group chat. Everyone except the track and field club members are welcoming the new friends. 

"You know .. Hitomi asked us a lot about Yena unnie in the class." Yuri stated and look at Chaewon at the latter part.

"Oh, really?" Chaewon looks up from her phone.

"Yeah. She asked us about you and Yena unnie." 

The older chuckles while preparing herself and things to leave the music room.

"Maybe because she can't believe I would befriend with people like Yena unnie." 

But Yuri didn't have the same thought as her. The way Hitomi questioned them like she was trying to dig about something. Something similar to what she and Minju are searching for. Yuri looks around, making sure the line is clear before she speaks again. Gladly, the room is getting clear over the time as the other students are leaving.

"She asked me if Yena unnie is having a crush on you, unnie." Yuri's throat suddenly tightens as she utters the words in a lower voice. She thinks this is the right timing to dig the truth.

Chaewon stops what she's doing and her face scrunched up.

"What?! Of course no!" She denies it strongly. She knows the younger is still doubting her answer.

"Trust me, Yuri. No. She likes someone else." Her jaws locked shut when she realizes she's making a big mistake.  

Oh Lord...

Chaewon bites her lower lips.

"She likes someone? Did she tell unnie about that? Who is it?" Yuri leans closer and Chaewon knows she cannot escape anymore. 

But words can be twisted.

"Err.. yeah. But she didn't reveal the name." Chaewon shrugs. She tries to maintain her expression so the girl won't suspect anything further.

"No hint at all?" Yuri's darting gaze won't leave Chaewon. 

"Yena unnie is good at hiding them." Chaewon beams a smile. 

Even you who's always by her side all this time can't notice them, Yuri. Can it stay like this till the end?

Too bad, that's only a wish. Not the reality.

"I see.." Yuri lower her gaze.

Chaewon unnie knows a lot about Yena unnie. Might be more than me. I wonder if they communicate a lot even outside the school. I never have the gut to chat with her other than the group chat.

"But you are not good at hiding, aren't you?" 

Yuri becomes flustered at the moment she gets the smirk from the short-haired unnie.

"S-Sorry?" Her body stiffens.

Don't tell me...

"I know you have feelings towards Yena unnie." Chaewon whispers with a smile, trying to hide her jealousy, in fact.

Yuri gasps hard. 

"H-how?" Her trembling lips can be seen clearly.

Chaewon chuckles. She pats Yuri's shoulder to calm her down. Her reaction could attract the remaining students there.

"Your expression can't lie." The older answered.

"Does this means... Yena unnie..." 

Oh Lord, second mistake. I should just shut my mouth and leave.

"You should verify that with her." 

Chaewon keeps her phone in her pocket before she stands up from her seat. 

"I should be going now." She pats the younger head before stepping away but got pulled back by Yuri. The first thing Chaewon see when she turns around is a pair of desperate eyes looking at her.

"Please. I beg you. Tell me. She knows it already?"

The grip she got on her wrist is so tight and might leave a mark to Chaewon. At first, Chaewon hesitates to answer as she knows, it would bring pain to her but those almost teary eyes and an emotion-choked voice she received, she knows she can't ignore it.

You make a mistake, Chaewon. And this is the consequence you need to accept.

With a pain in her chest...

"Yes." 

[End of flashback]

So Yena unnie knows everything.  Wait! Wait! If I connect the dots...

So, that's why she said that at the cafeteria?!

Yuri feels like wants to hit her head to the pole she's leaning against right now. But if does that, the people here will completely think she's gone crazy and she will answer she's crazy indeed.  Before that happen, she wants to tell someone about it first.

**MinMinguri**

Joyullll
Guess what!!

MinMinguri
You miss me?

Joyullll
I'm being serious right now!

MinMinguri
So do I. You rarely chat me first.|

Joyullll
Ah whatever~
You know.. Chaewon unnie

MinMinguri
What? What?
What's with Chaewon unnie?
You know the person she likes?!
Ah! Don't make me nervous!

Yuri rolls her eyes.

This girl.. Wait! Ah.. I forgot to ask about that too..

Yuri facepalms. Her fingers moving back on her phone screen.

Joyullll
About that.. I'm sorry I forgot to ask.

MinMinguri
I'm nervous for nothing. *sigh

Joyullll
But she knows I like Yena unnie.

MinMinguri
She told you that?! 

Joyullll
Yeah. She said It's written on my face. 

MinMinguri
And because I told her that.

Joyullll
YOU WHAT?!

MinMinguri
Wait! I can explain. 

Joyullll
AS YOU SHOULD!

I SWEAR IF SHE WILL BE DEAD IF SHE'S IN FRONT OF ME RIGHT NOW. FOR. REAL!

MinMinguri
Remember I told you guys I accidentally confess to her? It's the same time I accidentally told her
you like Yena unnie.

Joyullll
'Accidentally' is your excuse? Are you kidding me?

MinMinguri
It's because of the game rule! I had to obey to it! I asked her three questions and she answered honestly so I had to answer it honestly when she asked me her questions.

Joyullll
And you dare to betray me just because of the rule? For God's sake?!

MinMinguri
I had to! You know I never ever violate rules. I'm a good student!

Joyullll
And a 'good' friend!

MinMinguri
I'm so sorry.. 
But wait..

Joyullll
WHAT?!

MinMinguri
She asked me like this, 'Does Yuri has a feeling towards Yena unnie?' and
"Does she ever told Yena unnie about that?'
Aren't you curious about her motives for asking those?

Yuri's tight expression changes to frowning as she read the message.

Joyullll
You are right... but maybe because she wants to verify something.. like.. 
You know, Yena unnie knew I have feelings towards her.

MinMinguri
WAIT, WHAT?!

Joyullll
Yes! Chaewon unnie knew that already all this time. 

MinMinguri
Yuri ah.. Isn't this your precious chance? You should confess to Yena unnie sooner!

Joyullll
Yena unnie has someone she likes.

MinMinguri
Ah.. my headache. Too much shocking information right now I need to digest.

Joyullll
Imagine me being told about them face to face. 

MinMinguri
So, who's the one she likes? You? If the answer is you, it means jackpot!

Joyullll
I don't know.
Even Chaewon unnie didn't know that too.

MinMinguri
Then our mission is still not completed. *sigh

Joyullll
But why do I feel like something is off? Isn't it weird that Chaewon unnie suddenly asked about me? Even if she wants to verify what she knew from Yena unnie, what's the motive?

MinMinguri
That's what I was talking about just now. So weird.. and suspicious. Who knows, they actually acknowledge each other's crush but decide to keep it a secret between them only?

Joyullll
Do you want to say Chaewon unnie lied to me?

MinMinguri
If it's true they want to keep it a secret between them, I don't see anything wrong with her to do that. 

Joyullll
Ah ~You are right! Chaewon unnie is a loyal friend who knows how to keep secrets. So different from her secret admirer~

MinMinguri
I told you I'm sorry! 

Yuri flinched hard when she suddenly feels a touch on her left shoulder. Her face looked so scared when she turns to the person and her phone almost dropped from her hands.

"Sorry. I don't mean to scare you." Hyewon moves her hand away from the younger to her own neck instead, rubbing it awkwardly. "I called your name two times but you seem so focused on your phone."

"Sorry.I was chatting with Minju about the info we got from the homeroom teacher." Yeah, she definitely lying.

"Sports Day?" The older guess and Yuri just go along with it.

"Yeah. Oh! Your training ended earlier? Where's the other?" 

Hyewon already expects that question. She also notices a bit dull in Yuri's expression after scanning behind Hyewon.

Of course, she would ask about Yena first.   

"They already left." 

The older casually stands closer to Yuri, acting as her bodyguard. 

"I see.. So you are still waiting to get fetched." Yuri assumes. She just let the older doing so but she somehow feels bothered by the glances she got from the other students around them. 

Her beauty is always breathtaking. No one can ignore that.

As time goes by, Hyewon got a plan in her mind. She glances at the girl beside her.

I just need some courage to voice that to this cutie.

When she thinks she's ready, Hyewon pokes the puffy cheek beside her and gains a frown.

"Want to join me getting ice cream? My treat."

"But aren't you-"

"I will ride the bus instead." Hyewon smiles. Her eyes sparkle, trying to persuade Yuri.

Yuri glances at her watch. The bus should be arriving by now. 

I don't have any other reason to turn it down and it seems like a good idea. I can ask Hyewon unnie more about Yena unnie. 

She nods as a sign of agreeing. Hyewon celebrates her win in her mind.

"Shall we?" Hyewon leads their way. The cafe that serves a variety of ice cream flavours is not far from their school. Only 10 minutes walk and it worth the time. 

Not long as they walk, a luxury car passing by and Yuri happens to look in the same direction as the moving car, capturing the sight of Chaewon at the back seat by the window looking down at her phone.

"It's Chaewon unnie." 

Hyewon gazes in the same direction but the car already far forward.

"Yeah."

If Chaewon is already heading home, the duck must on her way now. And she would be coming this way too. I need to make sure Yuri doesn't notice her. 

Hyewon becomes restless and her eyes keep glancing behind to spot the black electric bike.

"Looking at the car, Chaewon unnie must be so rich, right?" Her voice got a bit of jealousy there.

"She's the daughter of KK Corporate. Their phone brand is one of the most popular in Japan." Hyewon explained in between of being aware of her surrounding. 

Yuri bites her bottom lips. 

Chaewon unnie got everything. Pretty, rich, talent in singing and studying and not to forget, her personality is good too. What's luckier is, she is in the same class with Yena unnie. Oh god, I wish I'm living her life right now.

Hyewon hears a familiar sound and in a fast response, she grabs the younger's shoulders and turns them facing her instead of the road. She's right, it's Yena riding her bike and it's in full speed that she doesn't notice the standing girls by the sidewalk. Not just that, her mind is messing up and she literally not concentrating to her surrounding except the road.

Yuri gasps with the sudden action. Her eyes widen as she looks up to the older. 

What's with Hyewon unnie? Her actions are bold and so sudden today.

Before the younger ask verbally, Hyewon explains it first.

"Err.. There's fast-moving car."  She tugs her hair behind the ear awkwardly as she draws her gaze away from the younger. 

"Oh okay. Thank you." Yuri has a bit doubt with the explanation but she just let it off afterward.

By the time they face the walking path back, Yena already gone from the sight and Hyewon lets out a relieved sigh. They talk to each other about the upcoming Sports Day and their club activities along the walk to the cafe. Hyewon feels like she owns the world at the moment. Her eyes can't even leave the pretty face walking beside her. Each feature looked so beautiful and when the girl smile, Hyewon wishes the time would stop at the moment so she can appreciate it forever.

Yuri's smile fades quickly when she notices the stare that never breaks off.

"Is the something on my face?" She asks worriedly and trying to check herself from the reflection of the shop window.

"Yes. Loveliness." Hyewon blurts out.

Yuri diverts her eyes away from the older with her blushing face. She totally doesn't expect that answer will come out. 

"I didn't know you are this type of person." Yuri utters. 

"You can get to know me more if you give yourself a chance." 

Hyewon takes the lead to enter the cafe and choose a suitable place for both of them, a little far from other tables to give them some privacy. The cafe is quite packed with students like them but from variety of schools. It's common for Enozi High School students to get attention whenever they walk in the shops in the city because everyone there knows how prestigious their school is and they will gain high expectations from the other school students.

After ordering their desserts, the girls going back to their silence just like before entering the cafe. 

"Are you feeling uncomfortable with me?" Hyewon clasps her hands and rests them on the table as she giving a stare to the girl in front of her.

Yuri hesitates a few seconds before shaking her head to the question timidly. 

Hyewon chuckles. 

"But your expression says so. Is it because it's your first time seeing this side of me?" 

Yuri nods slowly. Her hands are fidgeting under the table.

"It's okay. You will get used to it over time. Tell me, are you the only child in your family?" Hyewon wants the conversation to get longer so they can get to know more about each other and Yuri can develop comfortable feelings back.

"Yes. How about you, unnie?" Hyewon's happy as the younger start to show her interest in the talk. Her lips curved up.

"I have a younger brother but he went to SOPA." The older states.

"He must be as good-looking as you, right?" 

Hyewon rubs her chin. 

"I don't know but if you consider me as a good-looking person, he might be too because we quite resemble each other." She smiles.

"Of course you are a beauty, unnie. I compliment you a lot before, didn't I?" Yuri raises her eyebrow. At that time, a tall waiter comes to serve their table with their chosen desserts.  Yuri ordered banana splits while Hyewon with her favorite strawberry ice-cream charlotte. 

When the waiter left their table,  Hyewon voluntarily prepares the spoon and napkin for Yuri like a gentlewoman and they start to dig in their desserts together. The tastes, really worth their 10 minutes walk. The sounds of spoons hitting the bowl and plate fill their silence beside the talking customers from the other tables but the girls are too concentrate on the mouth-watering desserts to care about other things. 

"Here, try this. You will never regret it." Hyewon casually offers a spoon filled with a piece of her charlotte. 

Yuri is flustered by the action but she accepts right away and munches it deliciously. Her amazed face was shown on the spot when her taste buds sense the taste of it. She covers in shock.

"This is amazing! I'm in heaven!" Yuri creates a little jump in her seat due to her excitement.

Hyewon leans back at ease. She is satisfied and happy to see the smiley face and she swears she would do anything to see such expression again and again.

"We can go here anytime you want. Just tell me whenever you crave for desserts. This is the best place to satisfy desserts craving." said Hyewon. She takes a break from eating and pays her attention to the younger instead.

For the 'she doesn't know how many' times, Yuri got flustered again. 

At this point, it really feels like we are on a date right now.

"Yuri ah.." Hyewon calls her in a soft tone.

"Hmm?" Yuri looks up with a spoon in . It's a rare moment for Yuri to see the blushing face of Hyewon and the older looked so nervous with the fidgeting hands on the table.

"I like you."

Yuri drops the spoon. Her jaws too.

"I know this is so sudden. But I want you to know about it." Hyewon's expression softens. Her heart and mind felt so light after the confession.

Yuri slowly moves the dropped spoon back to the plate. At the same time, she's thinking what should she responds to the unexpected confession. 

"I know you have feelings towards my best friend, Yena."

Yuri looks up with her guilty eyes. 

"Unnie-"

"It's okay, Yuri ah. Don't be guilty. It's your feelings and you have your own right for it." Hyewon rests her both arms on the table and leans forward a bit with a smile. 

Yuri found the view of Hyewon unnie smiling at her with sun rays shining through the window and falls on the older's hair and a bit on her face so fascinating that her heart skips a beat gazing at it.

"But one day, when you are already tired of chasing her, please consider me instead. I will always be waiting at your back." Hyewon mutters before continue to finish her desserts. But she stops in the way when she realizes the younger still freeze in her place, looking down to the table. She taps Yuri's plate with her spoon, gaining her attention back.

"The ice cream will melt. If you won't eat it, I will feed you or finish it for you. You can choose but I prefer the second option." She winks.

Yuri can't help but chuckles at the older. 

Now I know a lot of sides of Hyewon unnie. She's caring and soft and funny as well. Just like Yena unnie. 

A feeling of guilty arises back in her heart.

.

"How long we should be hiding, unnie? My back already starts to ache." Wonyoung whines in a low voice.

"Wait. I think they want to leave already. They already finished their desserts." Yujin whispers with her eyes can't stop stalking their unnies. 

Their table is only three tables away from Hyewon and Yuri. Luckily there is a decoration display case between their table and the walking path so it's hard for the unnies to spot them. However, due to Wonyoung and Yujin's height, Hyewon still can catch their presence because her seat is facing their direction so they have to hide by bending down their torso towards the table.

Yujin is right, 2 minutes after that, both Hyewon and Yuri leave their table and walk out of the cafe after paying for their food without noticing the maknaes. They let out relief sighs simultaneously.

"Finally..." Wonyoung felt exhausted because of waiting so long. Now she can continue to eat peacefully. got filled with her favorite ice cream, mint chocolate flavor. 

"I'm shocked they come here together." Yujin mutters which got responded with a nod by Wonyoung.

"Are they together?" asked Wonyoung, full of curiosity.

Yujin shakes her head confidently. 

"We both know Yuri unnie likes Yena unnie. But these days, Hyewon unnie started to give hints about her feelings towards Yuri unnie." 

Wonyoung's eyes widened.

"Hyewon unnie like Yuri unnie?" 

Yujin nods and sighs heavily.

"Yena unnie too. Two best friends like the same girl. I can't imagine the future." 

"That sounded so complicated." Wonyoung responds with her frowned face.

"Right?" Yujin shrugged before taking a bite of her ice cream.

"Honestly, I ship Yena and Yuri unnie in silence." She added.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Writer's note]

Hello, my beloved readers! Thank you for waiting patiently, here the update for you guys. Hope you guys like it! I read all the comments and wow the ships you guys are rooting for... hahahha. I hope you guys don't mind the story getting longer and longer. I want to make it realistic and ahhh.. I can't wait for Eunbi unnie to come into the story! Hahaha! it would be so fun and (head aching). 


These days, I found Buenos Aires sounded a bop to me. I can't stop listening to it even while writing the story. 

See you guys in next chapter~ Stay safe~ I love you guys~ <3