Chapter 14: Cute

Our Wish

Song recommended: Steal your heart - Austin moon

The morning routine went well for Yuri as usual except for her eyebags. This is all because of what happened yesterday that keep wandering on her mind like crazy and she ended up getting 3 hours of sleep only. Luckily, she got her secret weapon to hide them, her thin metal spectacles.

And the first period today is history. What a good lesson to begin with.

Yuri enters the school gate half-heartedly, eyeing the students walking in the same direction as her, some with their friends and some alone like her. Most of the students that took the bus to the school like her will come to school early due to the bus schedule while rich students will getting dropped by in front of the school gate by their parents or their drivers. If you want to watch some luxury cars show, you can come to this school, wait in front of the gate to witness luxury brands of cars coming one by one, dropping their heirs.

Lucky to be born rich.

Yuri definitely is not one of them. She got accepted into this school thanks to her excellent results on the entrance exam and her talents in singing and playing the piano. It's not easy to get this far. Blood, sweat, and tears, she experienced them all to achieve this. It took her 3 months to convince her parents to let her choose this school. The fees are really expensive but she's lucky to be one of the students that enter this school with a scholarship under Enozi Foundation. This school only got two groups of students, Hella rich students and scholarship holder students with talents. All of the scholarship holders have their special talents to benefit the school. In her friends circle, Yujin and Ryujin are the scholarship holders and of course, both are talented. Yujin in sports while Ryujin in dance. The others who are not mentioned belong to hella rich group but surprisingly they didn't show off like the other students. Yuri knows the beauties of the school are hella rich kids but she is not sure about Chaeyeon, Hyewon, and Yena. They never tell about their families but there are some rumors about them like Chaeyeon's parents own a few buildings in Seoul, Hyewon parent's are great investors, and Yena being the daughter of a famous CEO.

She then got startled by the sudden noise coming from the school gate. When she turns around, the gate already got crowded by the students and some rare figures.

"What with those cameramen?" Yuri frowned at the sight.

There are about 4 or 5 cameramen in front of the luxury black Maybach 62s stopping in front of the gate and a few seconds later, Minju comes out from it and the crews start to swarm around her with their flashlights. Her family's bodyguards respond quickly to their surroundings, guarding her against those impatient people and clearing the path so she can enter the school safely. Minju walks calmly with a smile that never left her beautiful face. The crews ask her some questions but Minju leave them hanging and keep walking.

Once she enters the gate, her life becomes so much easier. She turns back for a while to bow towards the people outside and then continue her journey towards the school bulding. Her smile widen when her eyes caught Yuri standing a few meters away, looking at her with a questioned look.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" asked Minju. She didn't forget to reply to the greets she received from the students passing by them.

"Are you becoming an idol or what? Why they come here?" Yuri's referring to the media crews who are still crowding in front of the school gate, calling out Minju's name.

"It's because of this." Minju points at the knitted vest she's wearing right now.

"Because of that? They come here just to make a fuss over this vest?" Yuri asked with her poker face.

Minju bends suddenly and pulls her back collar up.

"Look at this."

Yuri's eyes went round when she read the brand tag.

"M.K?! Are you kidding me?!" Yuri covers in shock.

Minju chuckles while nodding.

"Is this the newest collection they released?" Yuri cancel her whim to touch it. Now she feels like a poor dwarf walking beside Minju.

"Yes. It's the collaboration between my family's company with M.K. They just announced it yesterday so I need to wear it as our collaboration symbolic."

"Ahh, now I understand the situation." Yuri nods.

They both already enter the school building and a lot of students whispering to each other when they set their eyes on Minju. She becomes a hot topic today because of the newly released product.

"Now I become uncomfortable walking beside you." Yuri rolls her eyes.

"Oh please. I feel burdened too." Minju whispered. She's not fond of this attention too. But she has to endure it for the sake of her family's reputation.

"Let's walk faster to the class." Yuri grabs Minju's hand and leads to the stairs but when her eyes capture a familiar figure that she's not ready to meet yet, she quickly turns back around, dragging Minju with her.

"What's wrong with you?" Minju questioned Yuri's weird action.

"Let's take another way to the class."

"But why? That's the shortest route."

"Shh. Just follow."

Minju struggles to match her steps with Yuri's and the hamster didn't even want to release her grip and ended up causing Minju to bump into someone in front of her. Luckily, it's not that hard.

"Sorry!" Minju apologizes quickly and looks up timidly. Her heart drops at the moment.

"Hi." Chaewon greets with her soft smile, easily made Minju's heart melt.

"Hi.."

"Sorry unnie." Yuri apologizes on the behalf.

"It's okay. You guys are in hurry?" asked Chaewon.

"Yuri-"

"We are rushing to submit our assignment." Yuri quickly cuts Minju's words before she spoils everything.

"Ah, okay then. See you guys later." Chaewon chance a glance at Minju. "You look great in that." She pats Minju's shoulder before heading up the stairs.

That definitely makes Minju flustered.

"You are welcome." Yuri sends her teasing look after noticing Minju's flushed pink face.

"Shut up. You owe me an explanation."

[In the class]

"This is weird. He has never been this late before." Ryujin pops up at Minju's table with her bored expression. Their history teacher still doesn't show up at the class and that's a shocking fact to everyone as that old man was very strict with time.

"It's weird but at the same it's a good thing because we got someone here still struggling with her homework." Minju gestures her thumb to her back.

"I heard you." Yuri squints her eyes towards the girls.

"Ops!" Minju acts shocked getting caught.

"What did you do on the weekend that made you forgot to finish it?" Ryujin nags like a mother with her arms resting on her waist.

"Annual camp." Yuri replies shortly.

"We joined the camp too but still can finish it up on time." Minju spoke.

"Yeah but my team won and you guys didn't."

"So?" Ryujin gave a half shrug.

Yuri puts down her pen with a harsh breath exhaled out.

"We celebrated it with a beef party yesterday."

"Okay.. Good excuse." Ryujin scoffed.

"Must be something happened yesterday. She avoided Hyewon unnie just now and now showing that grumpy reaction." Minju stares in suspicious.

"Ouh... tea.." Ryujin's eyebrows waggled. She sits on Minju's table with her legs swaying around, waiting for Yuri to open up the story.

Yuri bites her lower lips with her right hand running through her hair, bringing up the sequences of events happening yesterday back into her mind. Every time she did that, her head started to ache.

"Hyewon unnie.." she mutters.

"What's with her?" The girls leans closer, putting their focus only at Yuri.

"She was weird yesterday.."

Minju and Ryujin shares their gazes.

"Okay.. Weird like.. how?"

"First, she came straight to me when I informed my location the group chat even though she knew Yena will pick her up at that time. When I ask her why, she told me she did it because of me. I was like.. Wait.. What? Oh! And she asked me to pay attention to her too from now on." Yuri's hands moving around with gestures as she speaks.

"Oo..kay.. That's suspicious." Ryujin comments.

Minju shakes her head.

"Hyewon unnie likes her. We can expect her behaviour being like that." She explains deeper to Ryujin.

"Ahh.. I get it now. So she's starting to reveal her feelings towards you slowly by giving hints like that." Ryujin concludes.

"But I like her best friend." Yuri said frustratedly.

"Hyewon unnie likes Yuri. Yuri likes Yena unnie." Minju moves her index finger to the air, drafting the love chain.

"Then, we should know who the one Yena unnie likes to end this love game." Ryujin coolly suggest her idea.

Minju and Yuri are in awe hearing that.

"If Yena unnie likes you, It's a happy ending for you and Hyewon unnie need to step back but if she likes someone else, should be a good idea for you to consider Hyewon unnie then." Ryujin explains further.

Yuri sighs. She leans back to her chair, throwing blank stare out of the window.

That's painful by just imagining it.

"You made her sad." Minju nudges Ryujin with her elbow as they both stares at the hamster.

"I was just stating my opinions." Ryujin rubs the back of her neck.

"Nah.. You are right, Ryujin. We can end this game by finding that person she likes. And I'm thinking about someone already." Yuri mutters sadly. Her sight still not moving away from the scenery of the school field. The scene where Yena and Chaewon being together at the garden came back to her memory.

"Chaewon unnie?" Minju guess. Her voice sounded sad too.

"What's with the mood here right now.." Ryujin frowned as she watches her friends.

"You like Chaewon unnie?" Ryujin points her finger towards Minju and receive a weak honest nod.

"And Yena unnie likes Chaewon unnie?" Ryujin asks another question.

"Not sure about that. But they seem close. Like.. really close." Yuri heart aches as she said those words.

"Actually, I accidentally told Chaewon unnie I like her at the camp."

Minju's sudden words turn Ryujin and Yuri in shock.

"For real?"

"What did she say?"

Minju lowers her gaze to the table.

"She said there's someone on her mind already."

"Damn.." Ryujin throws her head up the ceiling for a while. "Love cupid really avoids you guys."

"You should cheer us up instead of saying that." Minju protests.

Ryujin chuckles. She hops down from the table and grabs the black pen on Yuri's table.

"Give me a paper."

Yuri tears a piece of paper from her notebook and hands over it to Ryujin. Minju and her gets closer to the table to get a clear view of what Ryujin is doing right now.

"Let's see.. This is the love chains based on what you guys told me. No one here have mutual feelings yet. And two persons here still don't have connection in this love chain." Ryujin steal a few seconds to scratch her chin. "Minju said Chaewon unnie already has someone on her mind. Let's say it's Yena unnie. The chain is still not complete because we still don't know who the one Yena unnie likes. Therefore, this is what you guys have to find out." She put the pen down and raises her eyebrows towards them.

Yuri and Minju study the diagram drawn and when they both look up to Ryujin, they show the same expression, anxious.

"I'm so scared to know the future." Minju groans.

Yuri rests her chin on the palm with a heavy sigh.

"Do you think you have chance on Yena unnie?" Asked Ryujin.

Yuri shrugs. "She's so caring towards me but I feel like it is because we are senior and junior since the beginning."

"Then break that wall. It would help if you pushed yourself from now on. It worth trying than never. You said she is close to Chaewon unnie right now, right? If the one she likes is Yena unnie, you are already behind her now." Ryujin speaks with a serious tone.

Minju's mouth left opened listening to Ryujin.

"And you, Minju. It's never too late. Yes, she got someone on her mind already but who knows it might be you?" Ryujin winks.

"It's weird to hear you speak like this. I'm shivering." Yuri hugs herself.

Ryujin stretches her hands up, loosen all stiff muscles. Her face looks so proud of herself.

"Well.. I think i found my dream job now. I should become a love counsellor. Now pay me!"

"I will consider the payment if the plan works." Yuri sticks her tongue out.

"I've read it somewhere.. A person who always give love advices tend to be single forever." Minju rubs her chin.

"Well now it's proven false. I got someone already by the way." Ryujin declared.

"What? Since when?" Yuri's jaws dropped.

"Who? Wait! Is it Chaeyeon unnie's younger sister?" Minju try to guess.

Ryujin displays a disgusted look. "Hell no. She's annoying. It's Lia. I already got eyes on her since the first month we studied here. I confessed at the camp." Her expression softened when she mentions the name.

"It's really true the camp is for love hunt." Minju sighs.

But it put exception on me.

"Another hella rich kid. What a good taste." Don't know if Yuri means it as a compliment or sarcasm.

"Guys, our homeroom teacher is on his way!" Soobin announced loudly while huffing at the class door. Everyone hastily going back to their seat.

"Good morning, everyone. Sorry for taking your time. I would like to introduce our new students."

--------------------------------------------------------------
[During recess]

"Are you sure they are 01's?"

Yena scans the two girls in front of her, up and down continually, still can't believe what she see. Especially the girl on the right. Her eyes are quite large and her face is so cute especially when she smile. With that height of her, she really looks like middle school student.

"They really are 01's. I can guarantee that. They are my best friends." Chaewon approach in surprise from behind Nako and Hitomi. Three of them welcomes each other happily.

"Ah! They are the friends she mentioned in the group chat yesterday." Hyewon speaks.

"Did you guys bumped into Yujin and Wonyoung in the past life and shifted bodies? Why in the world two high school students are so cute like this but two middle school students turned out as a twin towers, like them?!"

The others except those mentioned name are cracking up at Yena's words.

"Oi oi oi.." Wonyoung and Yujin fold their arms. The table is filled with great laugh.

"Come sit with us! Wait, the table is full already." Chaeyeon looks around for the empty table. Luckily, the boys beside them already finish up their meals and about to leave the cafeteria.

"Come here sit beside our tables." Chaeyeon invites both of them.

Chaewon leads the girls to the table and they settle down there together.

"I don't know you got such cute friends in Japan." Yena mumbles with foods in .

"Sakura unnie is also from Japan." Yujin points at Sakura. The older meet her eyes with the new friends and send her smile. They got strucked by her beauty.

"She's so beautiful." Nako blurts out later  covering , staring at Sakura. Same goes to Hitomi. She can't look away from her either.

"She's one of our school beauties. You can look but can't touch." Chaewon chuckles.

"Because her girlfriend is the one eating beside her right now." Hyewon interrupts.

"Is that really necessary?" Sakura rolls her eyes. She pokes her chopstick into the food as a protest.

Other members chuckle at her reaction. They are loud as usual.

"Hey, Minju. You become a hot topic today. That vest was launched yesterday, right?" Yena gestures towards Minju.

"Yes. It's the new collection." Minju answered. She's okay with the attention she got from other members but when her eyes laid on her favourite person whose gaze are fixed on her from the other table, her heart beat like crazy.

"Your father just announced the collaboration with M.K right?" Chaeyeon interrupts.

"M.K? Wait? Isn't that.." It's sounded so familiar to Yena.

"Shut.."

"Sakura unnie's company, right?!"

"Ah.. this duck.." Sakura rests her forehead on her hand stand. This girl can't be stopped.

"What?!" The response already can be expected.

"M.K.. Sakura unnie's family owned that?!" Yuri covers in shock. Minju already in daze with this shocking fact.

But Chaeyeon remains calm beside her girlfriend, eating her meatball.

"You know this, unnie?!" Yujin exclaims, pointing at Chaeyeon.

"She's her girlfriend, dude." Hyewon rolls her eyes. 

"Ah.. right.. but how Yena unnie knew this before us?! Are you her ex?" 

Yena and Sakura choke on their food.

What...

"The hell.. I rather die." Sakura looked so disgusted.

"Oi! I'm here. I rather die too!" Yena shows the same look. 

And they start to bicker.

But stop when they heard Chaeyeon's laugh.

"It would be a huge mess if you guys really date." 

The others agree so much. These two  girls are more like Tom and Jerry even when they are gaming together.

"So how did you know about it?" Yujin urges with her question.

Yena shrugs. "Acquaintances." Sakura and her don't want to bring up the incident at the rooftop.

Yujin know Yena's background so she believe the answer.

"But unnie.. why did you keep it as secret?" asked Minju. 

"I want to live freely, doing what I love." Sakura smiles as she share her soft gazes with Chaeyeon.

"I want to live like that too." Minju sighs. Everyone can relate to that. We all want that.

"But you are born idol, Minju. You got the trait. And you look good in that. My father would be so happy when he see the news later." Sakura compliments sincerely.

"Thank you unnie!"

.

.
 

"So... which one is the person you told us before?" Nako whispers carefully to Chaewon sitting in front of her when everyone are paying attention to their food. That's the only moment they go silent.

Chaewon choke on her drink. She's coughing non-stop and catch everyone's attention.

"You okay, Chae?" Yena asks. The older left her seat and help patting Chaewon's back to stop the cough. However, the intense stares especially from Hitomi make her felt like she have done a big crime. Not just her actually, the other two girls from the second table are giving their strong gazes too.

"Err.." Yena stops what she's doing and just scratch her cheek. Hitomi still keep her stares on the older.

"You give her a bad impression Yena." Chaeyeon chuckles.

"I'm sorry. I just want to help her." Yena raises her hand half in air. At that moment, Chaewon already survive her cough. Her facd is so red, showing how struggle she was.

"Don't be sorry, unnie. Hitomi is a bit protective over Chaewon unnie." Nako covers up and nudges the girl under the table. Hitomi got the hint and softened her expression back, shifting her eyes to her favourite person.

"Ah, Is that so?" Yena grins. She offers mineral water that she grabs from Chaeyeon towards Chaewon before walking back to her seat.

Nako wiggles her eyebrows.

"So, it's her." She whispers.

Chaewon turns her blushed face away. That reaction answers their wonder.

"Hey." Yuri feels her arm getting poked. She turns her head.

"Hmm?"

"They seems suspicious, right?" Minju whispers to Yuri.

"Quit it." Yuri squints her eyes. She doesn't want to hear that from anyone else. She will only believe if it comes from Yena's lips. 

"Oh my god!"

"I almost choke." Hyewon gulps down her drink when she felt the meat stuck in .

"What is it now, bunny?" Sakura tilts her head to the side, looking at the maknae with puzzled face.

The others send the same look towards the girl. Wonyoung's sudden loud voice make everyone startled for the second time.

"Check the news!" Wonyoung gestures to the phone.

The cafeteria unexpectedly become noisier than usual. Everyone is talking about the same news Wonyoung saw.

"It was the camp we went together, right?"

"It's the same house!" Yena exclaims.

Yuri is loss of words. Color drained from her face as she scrolls the news further.

"Someone's dead!" Chaewon covers in shock. Nako and Hitomi got lost in the middle of the chaos but get on track back once Chaewon explains to them what's going on there. They show the same expression as other, at last.

"Wait.." Yujin scrolls the news further. "It's a girl and she's not from our school."

"Now I remember." Yena put down her phone,landing her stares on Yuri who's sitting in front of her as she recollects her memory.  "Other than Yuri, There were two more strangers I met that night but they already ran away when I arrived."

"Did you see their face?" asked Sakura.

Yena shake her head. "I can't see them clearly. It was so dark."

Minju noticed sudden change in Yuri's expression. Chaeyeon too.

"Hey.. are you okay?" Minju tugs Yuri's sleeves to gain her attention.

"Y-yes? Yeah.. I-I'm okay.." The girl stutters. Her body suddenly shivers when the terror crawl back to her mind.

Hyewon sends her concern stares.

"Yuri ah, you didn't see their face too, right?" asked Chaeyeon in serious tone.

The younger nods slowly while being stared by the others.

"Well that's good." Chaeyeon feel at ease.

"Yeah." Sakura takes a sip of her water.

"Why?" Yujin, Yena and Wonyoung asked simultaneously.

"If you guys saw their face, you guys will be the witness. And if the killers know this, you guys are in danger." Sakura explains with her gestures.

"Really?!" Their jaws dropped.

"Let's not talk about this from now on. For Yuri's sake too. Don't ever tell anyone about what happened that night. The killers will hunt you if they know about this." Chaeyeon warns.

"That's creepy.." Nako is terrified. Hitomi got goosebumps.

"Look at this.. Mr Logan is not the real guider. He's a policeman!" Yujin excitedly re-read the last paragraph of the news to everyone.

"Woah! What a twist!" Hyewon make a slight hop at her seat due to the excitement but calm herself down back when her crush slipped her a confuse gaze.

"This is so cool!" Yena slams the table.

Chaeyeon pinched the bridge of her nose, darting her eyes on those hyper kids. These things are really their favourite things.

"Now I understand why he was always with his small notebook and on the phone every night." Sakura folds her arms.

Chaeyeon turns her head to the older.

"Wow, you must be paying a lot of attention to him, didn't't you?" Her voice is full of jealousy.

"Pardon?" Sakura frowns.

"So you always keep your eyes on him." Chaeyeon smirks as she leans closer to her girlfriend.

"Hell no. It's because he was always with Irene seongsaenim." Sakura push her shoulder away slowly.

"Ah.. So you felt jealous because they were close. I thought you has moved on from her." Chaeyeon purses her lips.

"Quit it, Chae.." Sakura rolls her eyes.

"My eyes hurt already watching this love quarrel~" Yena covers her eyes.

"Get a room, unnie~" Yujin smirks.

The others also send their teasing smiles to the couple, causing Sakura to blush hard.

".. The bell's gonna ring. See you guys later." She said it in flat tone before leaving table with her food tray.

"Ah.. Wait for me Kura.." Chaeyeon soon trails behind but turn back for a bit to remind her club members about the training.

Later, the remaining girls begin to leave the cafeteria too as everyone already finish their meals.

"I wonder what it feels like being them." Yuri speaks in an undertone, just to make it audible for Minju besides her. Ryujin's words call to mind and that brings her a heavy sigh afterwards.

"You can be like them."

"How?" Yuri asked in weak voice, responding to Minju.

And realise that it was not Minju's voice 2 seconds later.

It's Yena's voice.

"Confess. Like they did." 

The blonde-haired girl beams a soft smile to the younger beside her, tingling her heart. Everything feel like moving in slow motion when their eyes meet just for a while before Yena dashing away to catch up with Yujin at the front who is trying hard to win the heart that she actually already won all this time.

Yuri's heart just dropped at that moment.

 

 

 

Not just her.

 

 

 

Chaewon.

 

 

 

Hyewon.

 

 

 

 

It's like a thunder striking to their body when they witness that.








 

Except Minju.

She just can't get the thing right until she got explained.




 

Cute.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[Writer's note]

Hey guys! Here the update for you. Just slips some penthouse thing into the story because I can't move on from it hahaha. Actually I want continue this chapter longer but suddenly some new idea come and when I think back, better I put them in the next chapter. Stay tuned! The story is getting tense~ Because you guys already choose 'Sport Day'. *Evil Laugh*