Chapter 13: Hurt

Our Wish

Song recommended: Closer - KNK

Since that call, her fingers keep repeating in the same motion, dialing the same number every minute, waiting for the call to be picked up, and curse in her breath when it's failed. She checks at the right corner of the phone screen.

Great! No bar. 

Her feet start to sting for too much walking. Yuri moves her torchlight towards the house that she saw when she was on call just now, staring at it with shaking eyes. The house looks so creepy to her. However, she has no choice but to choose it as her resting spot. She can't bear the pain in her feet anymore. Not thinking much, she slowly walks on a trail that will bring her to its door, praying hard in her mind nothing would appear.

Please just let me take a rest and I will go. 

She reaches the small stairs, stepping on them one by one and it produces a small cracking sound that causes Yuri to stop and check if she had attracted someone's or something's attention. No sign and she is relieved. She doesn't have the intention at all to go inside as it's like writing her name on Death Note. Slowly, Yuri gets herself down and leans against the wall, hugging her knees to give herself some warmness in that cold night. She doesn't dare to get off the torchlight from her hand or switching it off. She can't imagine the future if she doesn't have it.

Thinking about how it happened, her tears break down again. After all of the caution she took to make sure bad things won't happen, turned out the worst got her. It happened in a blink when they heard a creepy voice from the bush while discussing the path. She was kneeling down at that time to tie her shoe and suddenly everyone screamed and started to run away when they heard it. Yuri immediately got up and wanted to follow Yujin but someone accidentally pushed her while in panic and she fell down to the ground. Not just that, she didn't have a torchlight at that moment as she shared it with Yujin but asked her to hold it when she wanted to tie her shoe previously. Once she looked up, everyone was gone. No voice, no step anymore. Just the darkness greeted her. She took out her phone and opened her flashlight but it didn't help much like torchlight. But then, she got lucky to find a torchlight on the ground not so far from her position. Maybe one of the members dropped it off while running away. Not long after that, she found the two-ways trails that they discussed earlier and she didn't know which one was the right way. The right one was the thin road going deeper into the forest while the left one was less scary and the road is wider than the other so she decided to choose that road, hoping for the light at the end but instead, she never found the way out as she walked there.

I chose the wrong way and ended up getting lost here.

Her wet eyes are fixed on her phone. The battery is still full as she prepared well but the line here. She can't make a call anymore to get help. The last word she heard from the call is a voice calling her name and she knows it's Yena.

Please save me, Yena unnie...

Suddenly, she heard a loud noise from inside the house that sends a shiver to her spine instantly. 

The sound was like a falling thing.

Floor cracking sounds appear and Yuri notices the sound is approaching the door like someone is walking toward her. Her heart beats so fast that it can explode at any moment, and her sobbing keep getting louder. Yuri covers with her eyes shut, doesn't want to expose herself there. The creaking door is being pushed slowly from inside and Yuri ended up passing out beside the door because of too much anxiety. 

Two figures stepping out through the door. 

"I really heard a person's sobbing."

"You heard it wrong.." 

They both notice a person laying unconsciously and startled at their place.

"Is she dead?" Seo Jin covers in shock when she looks at the young girl.

Dan Tae's jaws tightened and he releases a big sigh. He brings himself closer, staring at the girl for a few seconds. Then, he put his pointing finger covered by a bit of bloodstain at her nose.

"She's breathing."

"I told you there's someone here." Seo Jin bites her nails anxiously. "Did she know what we did here?" 

"Should we kill her too?"

"Are you crazy? She's still young!" Seo Jin raises her voice with a disagree expression.

"What's the difference with that brat we killed?" Dan Tae rolls his eyes. 

Seo Jin chews her inner cheek. He's right but she is doubtful. She drew herself to his side. "What if she doesn't know anything?"

"And what if she knows? You want to take the risk?" The question gives her a loss of words. They share the silence, letting the sound of the forest fills up between them as they think.

"You really want to kill her?" feels bitter as she speaks those words. 

"Trust me." Dan Tae smirks. "I will make sure everything will go as planned." Without hesitation, he takes out his precious folding pocket knife and takes some time to caress the young girl's hair.

"Pity kid." 

As he put the sharp blade at Yuri's neck, ready to cut , they heard running steps approaching. 

Seo Jin instantly notices a black figure holding a torchlight coming towards them.

"Someone is here!" She's panic.

"Lucky .." Dan Tae shoves back his knife inside his pocket and pulls Seojin's hand to run away from that house. Change of plan.

"Hey! Stop right there!" Yena yells. She runs at all her might trying to chase the two figure but they are already far away. She curses under her breath as she watched them dissappear from her sight and walks back to the creepy house while holding her chest in pain. When her eyes caught a familiar figure beside the door, she quickly rushes to it.

"Yuri? Yuri! Yuri! Are you okay?!" She pulls the younger and rests her body on her lap, patting the cheeks gently to wake the younger up. No reaction from the younger makes anxiety swirled around her that her vision starts to get blurred with tears.

"What have they done to you..." She's sobbing hard, shaking the younger to wake her up. She leans closer to her face and notices the girl is breathing fine. 

"It's okay. I'm here for you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's already 1.30 am and the assembly point is already empty as the students already got released to the dorm for rest except them.

"We really protect them, captain. I swear."

"Talking , you .." Hyewon is ready to throw her fists at those boys but Chaeyeon quickly blocks her and pushes Hyewon away. She warns her not to come near them after that.

She could kill them all if she gets a chance.

"That's why we can't trust boys.." She mutters with an angry face, walking with her tight fists towards Yujin.

"You should go rest, puppy."

Yujin turns to her side and shows Hyewon a half-smile.

"I can't. I'm worried about them, unnie." Her eyes could not move away from the finishing point, waiting for Yena and Yuri unnie to appear.

Wonyoung and Minju wanted to stay too but Chaeyeon and Sakura didn't let them and ask them to stay in the dorm like other students. Minju wants to bring Chaewon along but the girl was so firm with her decision to wait for Yena and Yuri to come back and no one can stop her. This is the first time everyone see this side of her and the way she put so much effort to stop Yena from going into the forest previously and even had an argument-almost-like-fight made everyone startled. There she is, hiding her face between her knees beside the booth. The last time Yujin saw when Chaewon lifted her face up, her eyes are badly swollen and red.

Hyewon hugs Yujin's shoulder as her eyes are in the same direction as Yujin.

"We know Yena, right? They will be fine."

I would die for her.

Hyewon feels tight in her chest every time she recalls back what Yena said.

Does that mean Yena likes Yuri too? 

Not gonna lie she has mixed feelings knowing both of them are alone together in the forest. Worried and perhaps, jealous? But worry took her the most.

"Unnie.." Yujin calls her.

"What?"

"She seems so tired already. Can you ask her to go rest at the dorm?" Yujin points at Chaewon.

"Why can't you?"

Yujin pouts. "She already rejects me twice. She still wants to wait."

"That's because you are not as pretty as me. Watch me." Hyewon winks before approaching Chaewon who is still hiding her face, sobbing but not as hard as previously.

"The heck?" Gladly Hyewon didn't catch her words or she already got beaten up by her unnie. She watches two of them from afar.

Hyewon unnie (might) likes Yuri but Yuri unnie likes Yena unnie. 

"I would die for her." 

Yujin covers in shock.

Yena unnie likes Yuri unnie?! For real?!

She can't stand still in her place. Her eyes wander around and catch Chaeyeon in her sight. 

"Unnie!"

Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz Bzzz

Chaeyeon quickly takes out her phone, and her eyes widen when she read Yena on the screen. 

"Unnie!" Yujin huffs as she reaches Chaeyeon unnie but receives a gesture from the captain to keep shut for a while. Everyone around her also does the same.

"Yena! Where are you?! Are you okay?! Did you found Yuri?" She attacks with questions with a loud voice that catches everyone's attention including Chaewon and Hyewon. They rushed to her immediately.

"One by one bro." The voice on the line sounded calm. "I'm okay and I found Yuri at the house she mentioned earlier." Chaewon feels light after hearing the voice.

Chaeyeon shows her worried face but at the same time relieved to hear from Yena.

"Is she injured?" 

"No sign of it but she fainted."

"Oh no.."

They all frowned hearing that.

"Please tell seongsaenim to get us.  Remember the two-way trails?"

"Yeah!" Chaeyeon remembers that. 

"The house is on the left path. I will wait here with Yuri. Please come quickly. I need to go back to Yuri. Bye!" 

The call ended.

Irene seongsaenim arrives at the right time. With Sakura and a few other student councils.

"Seongsaenim, Yena already found Yuri and they waited at the house. It is on the left path of that two-ways trails."

Irene nods and quickly pressing the walkie-talkie in her hand to inform Mr. Logan about it. Mr. Logan and his team already gone into the forest looking for Yena and Yuri minutes away after Yena ran into it before.

"You guys should go back to the dorm. We will take care of them and inform you later on." Irene pats Chaeyeon and gestures to Sakura to settle down before talking back to her walkie-talkie.

"Let's rest first, okay?" Sakura cups Chaeyeon's cheek to comfort her and asking the others to get rest too.

"Unnie.. please do that to me too." Yujin whispers to Hyewon and got a smack on the shoulder.

"For singles." Hyewon mutters.

Yujin smacks back. "Yeah, unnie too."

"Hey! Everything's good?" Jaeyong appears and his glares towards the boys got them sweats trickled down their spines. They quickly look away and pray in their heart for the future.

"They have been found." Chaeyeon shares the news with a weak smile. Her face looked so pale. Sakura and Jaeyong knew Chaeyeon has been worrying so much and blames herself for what happened.

"Glad to hear. Go gest rest. Everything will be okay." Jaeyong pats Chaeyeon's head and signals towards Sakura to take charge of her girlfriend. "Leave them to me." 

Sakura got the signal and quickly take the girls back to the dorm. 

Jaeyoung turns around and walks back the path to the dorm, slowly passing the boys. They can hear the sound of his cracking knuckles and they start to be haunted by fear. 

"Meet me at the ground floor within 5 minutes." He sounded calm but the boys can sense the storm coming soon.

"Yes, Sunbae!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I heard screaming sounds from the boys' dorm." Yujin throws her head out the window while drying up her hair with the towel.

"That must be Jaeyong's thing." Hyewon closes her locker and walks towards Yujin. 

"They are back!" Yujin shouts when she sees Yena coming out from the forest with Mr Logan and the others. Yuri was getting piggyback by him and they saw Irene seongsaenim and student council members run to them.

"Let's go get them!" Yujin throw her towel away and start to run along with Hyewon to the door but Chaeyeon suddenly jump out from her bed and blocks them. She got a call from Sakura.

"Hey.. Yes.. Okay, I'm coming!" She keeps back her phone and shoves the girls back to their beds.

"Stay here!"

"But unnie..!"

The door got slammed and they are left behind.

"Chaeyeon don't want us to make chaos of it." Hyewon explains when she notices Yujin's upset face. She opens the door and looks back at the younger.

"Should we inform other too?"

"Yeah."

They knock on the neighbor's door and Wonyoung opens it.

"Are you guys sleeping?" Yujin smiles.

"Me and Minju not yet. But Chaewon unnie.. I think she's asleep."

They take a peek inside. Chaewon is indeed sleeping, facing the wall with Minju is staring at her from her bed with a throbbing heart.

"Is she really okay? Still crying?" asked Yujin.

Wonyoung shakes her head. "Not anymore but she didn't talk. Maybe she needs time." 

"We really need to teach that brat some manners. The she thinks she's doing." Hyewon clenches her fist.

Speak of the devil.

Chaeyeon arrives and Yena is behind her, all quiet, looking weary and down. Not like her usual self. Guess they need to postpone the lesson for her.

"Unnie!" Yujin grabs the older's arm and Yena looks up, forcing a smile to them.

"Are you okay?" All eyes are on her.

"Yes. Just tired." Her voice is the proof. Yujin hugs the older to comfort.

"Yuri? Where is she?" Hyewon's turn to ask.

"She's staying at Irene seongsaenim's room. Yuri will be in her care for tonight." Chaeyeon answered instead with her arms resting on her waist, staring at Yena being hugged by Yujin.

There's something going on right now..

"Wonyoung, is Chaewon okay?" Chaeyeon shifts her eyes towards Wonyoung.

Wonyoung nods and steals a glance at Yena before continues in whispers. "But she won't talk, unnie."

"What do you mean by that question?"
Yena interrupts and is dumbfounded.

"WhAt Do YoU mEAn By ThAt QuEsTiOn.. You are the one who made her like that, dumb duck!" Hyewon knocks her head.

"Me?" Yena groans in pain with frowned eyebrows, still can't believe Hyewon's words.

"Are you kidding, unnie? Did you forget you yelled and even shoved her harshly until she fell?" Yujin mimics back the way Yena did to Chaewon and that strikes her heart with full of guilty and regrets.

"Jeez.. I really lost my mind that time." She facepalm repeatedly while cursing at herself.

Yeah, Yuri made you lost your mind that time.

Chaeyeon lets out a small sigh.

Well at least they are safe.

"Now everything is settled or maybe not. Let's sleep. We need to get up early." Chaeyeon pushes the members back to the room and asks Wonyoung to close the door and rest.

"But I need to talk to Chaewon!" Yena refuses to go inside but Chaeyeon is much more stronger to shove her back inside.

"Do it tomorrow, duck. She's sleeping."

Hyewon jumps on her and ready to pull her blanket.

"You better apologize to her tomorrow after making her cry that much, bro."

Yujin nods while doing the same.

"Yeah. I never see her in that state before. You hurts her, unnie. Bad girl. Bad girl." She's booing the duck while watching her getting into the bed.

"Shut up, dog." Yena feels annoyed.

"Goodnight everyone."

Chaeyeon locks the door and turns off the light before walking to her bed.

.

.

.

The light get back again and Chaeyeon pulls Yena off the bed.

"The hell?!"

"GO GET SHOWER FIRST, YOU STINK!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

She opens her eyes slowly and the first thing she sees is the ceiling. 

Weird. It suppose to be Minju's bed. 

Yuri gets up and massages her dizzy head for a while before turning to her left after she heard the sound of door closing.

"Oh! You are already awake." Irene smiles as she approaches with Yuri's bag in her hands.

"I ask them to leave you in my care last night. That's why you are here in my room." Irene quickly explains when she notices Yuri looking so lost.

"Oh.." Yuri mutters.

I can't remember what happened..

"You feel better?"

Yuri nods.

"How did you guys find me?"

"It's Yena who found you."  Irene put down the bags beside the bed and take her seat.

Yuri frowns.

"When you mentioned about the house. Yena knew where the place was and ran into the forest to get you. Glad both of you were safe." Irene continues.

When she saw Yena ran into the forest without permission, Irene swore to herself that brat will be getting a heavy punishment but on second thought, she canceled her plan as everything was settled smoothly and everyone is safe.

Well, that brat deserves a compliment for her bravery despite of her thoughtless action.

"Yena unnie saved me.." Yuri can't ignore the butterflies she gets when she knows about it.

"Yeah." Irene smiles. "They all are at the cafeteria for breakfast. You can use this room to get ready because the dorms are already locked. We will gather at the assembly point at 8.30 a.m. 30 minutes from now, okay?" Irene pats her head before heading out.

"Seongsaenim.." 

Irene turns around. She senses something wrong with Yuri's expression. 

"What is it, dear?"

"At that house.. there is someone.." Yuri tries to remember back what happened last night but her mind didn't help her at all.

"What do you mean?" Irene doesn't blink at all as she waits for her student to continue.

"Sorry.. maybe it's my hallucination.." Yuri shakes her head.                                                                 

.

.

.

"It's not funny, guys! Why didn't you wake me up?!" 

"You will never wake up, dude." Hyewon lazily replied on the other line.

Yena curses in her mind as she runs down the stairs with her bags and phone in her hand.

"My food, did you guys save it for me?" Her voice sounded so doubtful.

Never trust them about food.

"Yeah, unnie! I'm keeping them safe from Hyewon unnie." She heard Yujin's voice interrupted from behind.

"Get your down here before I will snatch them away." Hyewon warned.

Yena makes a weird face.

"Yea yea, I'm on my way. In 2 minutes I w-" She pauses as her eyes bet on someone. "On second thought, just eat them. Tell Yujin to bring along bread and milk after."

"Wait-"

Yena quickly hangs up, keeping her phone in her pocket as she rushes to Chaewon who is standing in front of the vending machine, not so far from the stairs.

"Isn't this your favorite?" Yena brings up her pointing finger pressing the button on the machine, and 2 seconds after that, a can of ice lemon tea comes out. She grabs it for Chaewon, giving her a grin. 

But it disappears when she gains a blank stare from the girl.

"Hmm?" She raises her eyebrows as Chaewon still didn't budge.

"But I want coffee right now, unnie." Chaewon speaks in a flat tone, giving the older a dissatisfying look.

"Huh? Coffee?" Yena looks down at the drink in her hand. Her face turns blank on the spot.

.. Wrong move Yena.

"Ahh.." She lets out a nervous laugh while scratching her cheeks.

Chaewon's lips curved up a bit.

Silly...

She grabs the drink from the older's hand and walks away after that while getting caught up by the older. 

"Hey! Did you have your breakfast already?" Yena's struggling a bit to walk by her side with her heavy bag in her right hand and her backpack on her shoulder.

Chaewon replies with a nod instead of words, still proceeding with her walk but a bit slower than before when she notices the older's struggle.

"Ummm.." Yena makes her brain works hard to make up the next words. She remembers the garden that located near the river, the place where Chaeyeon and Sakura been before. It has a small grass field there that allows people to sit on it while admiring the scenery.

"Chaewon! Let's take a walk for a while!" She grabs those small thin fingers linked with hers as she rushes them to the garden. Along the walk, they bicker with each other as Chaewon keeps rejecting the duck but her body says otherwise. 

"Okay, now what?" Chaewon squints her eyes towards Yena as they both take their seats. 

Yena organizes her bags at her right side a while and turns to the younger after that with a smile plastered. She grabs the drink can to open the lid and give it back to the girl.

"You mad?" Yena asks with a soft voice.

"For what?" Chaewon takes a sip after that. 

"Yesterday.." Yena's word got cut.

"Ah.. no." Chaewon seems calm and Yena is doubtful of her answer.  She leans closer to Chaewon to read her face and that gives Chaewon a sudden heart attack.

"What are you doing, unnie?" She pushes Yena away from her. 

Yena chuckles at the reaction. "You think I'm gonna kiss you like Chaeyeon and Sakura did?" Her face is full of tease.

Chaewon scoffs. "Of course not. You like Yuri. Not me." She looks away.

"What?"

"What?" Chaewon asks back.

"Wait.." Yena looks around before staring back at Chaewon. "What makes you said that?"

"You were the one who bought Yuri the sausage bread and yogurt milk. I saw you  at the cafeteria and you went to Yuri's class after that."

Yena avoids eye contact. She rubs the back of her neck as she stares blankly to the front.

Damn, I got caught.

Receiving the silence from the older, Chaewon continues. "That time, I thought  maybe you did that as a friend but after  watching you throughout this camp, I notice your feelings towards her become more obvious especially last night." Chaewon's throat tightened and she doesn't know why.

"Well.. I guess it is exposed now." Yena mutters.

My bad I can't control my emotions last night. I really ed up everything I planned.

"I like her." 

Chaewon really anticipates that answer but why her heart feels like being stabbed?

It hurts.

"Now all the things you did for her make sense." Chaewon smiles.

Yena nods. "But she never notices them." She chuckles. 

It hurts.

"Did you know she likes you too?" 

"I do." 

"You know she likes you but she doesn't know you like her too?" Chaewon try to register the information in her mind.

Yena snaps her fingers. "Yes. You got it right." She giggles. "It is sad, right?"

"But why?" Chaewon's face scrunched up. "Isn't it good for you? Why don't you just confess to her?"

Yena looks up to the sky as she lets out a heavy sigh that left a big question to Chaewon. 

"Because Hyewon likes Yuri too."

[At the same time]

"Yuri!" 

Yuri looks up and sees Hyewon approaches her with a smile.

"Unnie."

"Let me help you with that."  Hyewon grabs the bag in Yuri's right hand. 

"You don't have too but thank you, unnie." Yuri mutters softly. She lets the older do what she want and they both start walking together towards the cafeteria. As predicted, there's an awkward silence between them.

"You guys done with breakfast?" Yuri break the silence.

"Halfway. We are still waiting for Yena and Chaewon.. and you." Hyewon answered. She's happy Yuri initiate the conversation first this time.

"They still not there?" 

Yena and Chaewon unnie?  

"Chaewon dismissed herself for a while to buy coffee from the vending machine and Yena disappeared after the phone call we had just now." 

I thought she was here with Yuri. That's why I rush here.

Yuri bites her lower lips. 

Don't say both of them are together...

Hyewons steal her glances at the girl. She don't want to let the silence filling up again. 

"You are feeling better today?"

"What? Oh. Yes.. Better."

Hyewon knows this girl is thinking about something else. And she knows who is on her mind.

"You know who saved you?" 

"Yes. Yena unnie." 

She always smiles whenever she said the name. Why is it hurting?

 I was surprised she ran back to the forest to save you. She was kinda out of her mind that time." Hyewon explained. 

I had been thinking about it all last night. The way Yena went panic when she knew the bad news and took the risk to save her, it showed how caring she was towards Yuri and this is the first time she acts that way since I knew her. Nope! It was actually second time after getting chased by the boys with Chaewon. But... this one... It was different... Like.. Everyone would said she had feelings towards Yuri when they witnessed her action. Yeah, I'm so sure she likes Yuri.. And it hurts knowing that. Because I like her too.

"Really?! She risks her life to save me? But why?" Yuri is dumbfounded.

Hyewon scratches her neck. "You should ask her." She points her finger towards the garden.

Yuri bites her lower lips when saw Yena and Chaewon unnie are together there, linking their pinky fingers as they talk. 

I should be worried now. Yes, she's my rival now. 

"You want to meet them?" asked Hyewon. She senses something is going on when she witnesses Yuri's reaction. 

I should not ask that tho.

"It's okay. They seem cannot be bothered. Let's just go to the cafeteria. The others are waiting."  Yuri spontaneously holds Hyewon's wrist and drags the older away with her. 

[At the same time]

"Promise me you won't tell the others about what we talked here." Yena speaks as they link their pinky fingers.

"What if I don't want?" Chaewon raises her eyebrow.

"No! You must! This is the most important secret for me.  I don't want my plan to be ruined." Yena warned. Her lips pout further when she's arguing. Such a duck.

"You plan is not to confess to Yuri but make her confess to you instead, right?" Chaewon repeats what she was being told before. 

"That's right!"

"But why? You make it so complicated, unnie. You already got the chance but you choose this instead." Chaewon still can't understand this girl.

Yena releases their hands and lays her back on the grass, shading her eyes with her palm from the sun rays. Even though the sun already rise, they still felt cold maybe because the camp is in the middle of forest and mountain. 

"Hyewon is my bro. I already saw her broken last year with her ex and it took us some time to bring back Hyewon that we knew. I don't want to betray her like that. She knows Yuri likes me so let Yuri make her decision." Yena explains.

"She will be broken too if Yuri choose you."

And me.

Yena nods. "That's right. But not as broken as she knows her best friend betrays her."

Chaewon stares blankly to her front. "Then what if Hyewon unnie is the one who betrays you, confessing to Yuri?"

"She won't do that."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Writer's note]

Hello guys! So sorry for taking a long time to update. I was gaining back my strength after what happens and here I am! I hope you guys are doing fine too.  This chapter... yeah you see the conflict there, right? Bear yourself, there will be more in the future, LOL. We need to bear the rain to see the rainbow, right? (F* my idiom lol). Hope you guys enjoy this chapter too. 

Oh! And the mystery gift, the answer is Yena who gave them to Yuri. Ehekkk~

By the way, I want to make a poll for the next plot. Please write your chosen setting in your comment below, I will take the most mentioned one. And remember! Each option has its own risk. Ahaa~ you feel the suspense. Me too xD See you guys later~


Option 1: School Festival

Option 2: Sports Day

Choose wisely~