The First Day at School

Started with a Bet

~beep beep beep~

*slam*

You hit the snooze button and checked the time.

Your POV

"Oh no! I'm late! Ahhrk! And it's my first day of school! I shouldn't have ignored the alarm the first time it rang! I'm so in trouble." 

  1. shower (checked)
  2. brush teeth(checked)
  3. blow dry hair
  4. breakfast
  5. name tag(checked)
  6. tie(checked)


"Oh no! I don't have time to blow my and breakfast. I better go off now!"

I rushed out of my house and let the cool breeze dry my damp hair. I ran as fast as I could and managed to catch up with the bus. Lucky me. Phew! 5 more minutes till school start. I should reach there on time. There's only one bus stop left. 

"Thank you Ajusshi!" I greeted once I alighted the bus. Now I gotta run. Arrrgh! I'm hungry. Well, at least my hair is dry. Can this day get any worst? 

Almost there! Almost there! A few more steps and....... YES! I made it on time! I'm not late woohoo! Now, it's time to look for the principle's office. Where could it be? I walked here and there still no sign of the principle's office. Hmmph, everyone look arrogant here. I hope they treat me well. Ah! There it is! 

I fasten my pace as I was reaching the office and knocked on the door. I heard someone inviting me in and so I did while praying hard that I wouldn't get reprimanded on my first day at school.

"Miss you, welcome to Woolim High." The principle annouced to me while reading my documents and fixing his specs. 

"Any siblings or parents? Guardian maybe?" He asked. His name is.. Mr Yong Junhyung? I guess so. It states on his front desk. 

"No. I live alone sir." "I see" was all he could say. 

It's true. I've been living alone since I was 14. Now I'm 17 and I just moved to this area so I had to transfer my school. I was from Cube High. My parents abandoned me when I was still a baby and my grandmother took care of me but she passed away when I was 14 and I lived all alone since then. I had to move because they wanted to sell the house away since I couldn't pay the rent. Now that I have a part-time job as a waitress, I have enough money for both school and the rent house. 

 

"Miss you, Miss you are you ok? You seemed to zone out a little back there." Mr Yong waved his hand in front f my face trying to get my attention. "Oh sorry I was just thinking." I replied.

"It's ok. The lady behind you is your form teacher, Miss Jessica. She will show you your class and get you settled down. I hope you have a great year ahead here." He continued while ushering me to my new form teacher. She seems friendly and young. She walked out of the office with me and told me that I'm in class 4B.