Chapter Three

Source of Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon reads over her report one last time before saving it and shutting down her computer. She looks at the empty office with her being the last to leave the office again. She suddenly thinks about the invitation from Yuri and Sooyoung to go Bourbon Club today but she just can't bring herself to go and see Tiffany again.

 

Here she thought, after 11 years, things have change. She thought. Well, maybe, just maybe, her heart still feels a little bit, the same way she felt, 11 years ago. She hits her forehead with the tip of her pen before throwing it onto her desk. Feeling stupid for even confusing herself that way.

 

You're an idiot for falling for a straight person.

 

Once her computer is completely shuts down, she decide to drop by the building infront of her office to get some cheese teubokki before going home. Picking up her bag up, she picks her car key up and keeping it in the pocket as she leaves the office.

 

"Evening Mr. Sim" Taeyeon greets the building security.

 

"Last one standing again Ms. Kim..." he smiles.

 

"Late night shift again tonight?" she ask and he nodded.

 

Taeyeon exited the building, shivers at the wind blowing in her way. She quickly shove both her hands into her padded jacket pockets. Making her way to the teubokki stall at the opposite but she stops dead in her tracks, seeing who's standing at the stairs.

 

Tiffany is literally hugging herself to keep herself warm from the cold weather before turning around to see who's walking slowly towards her, finally, after an hour of awaiting, the person she's here for.

 

"Finally" said Tiffany, turning to face Taeyeon.

 

"Why- How" the same words she said when they first met in Bourbon Club, can't help, the both of them smiles at the situation.

 

"I've got the details from your friends, colleagues. Sooyoung and Yuri. Don't kill them, they made me to make you promise not to when you find me here"

 

"Why would I even-" I need to buy them drinks instead, Taeyeon laugh at her own thoughts. But most importantly, why is Tiffany here.

 

"I'm here to bring you out for a dinner, that is also if you haven't have yours." said Tiffany as if she could read Taeyeon's mind.

 

Seeing how Taeyeon is hesitating, Tiffany frowns.

 

"Sorry for disturbing, I'll take my leav-"

 

"No, I haven't have mine! Just give me 10 minutes"

 

"What-"

 

"Maybe just 5 minutes. I'll be back" said Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany watch as Taeyeon rush down the stairs before taking a u-turn to come back up the stairs, taking her jacket off and wrap it around Tiffany and rushing back down the stairs.

 

Taeyeon order a packet of teubokki for take away.

 

"Come on, I have my car parked in the basement" said Taeyeon as she walk pass Tiffany.

 

Following behind, Tiffany watch Taeyeon handing the paper bag that stores the teubokki to the security at the front counter. Exchanging smiles and short conversations which ended when Tiffany came into the building.

 

"Thanks for bringing our Ms. Kim out for a proper meal" said the security to Tiffany who is surprised by it.

 

"She's always either eating teubokki or leftovers from yesterday's lunch" said the security. Taeyeon face-palm at the situation, totally taken aback by Mr. Sim's betrayal by spilling the beans to Tiffany.

 

"Night Mr. Sim" said Taeyeon firmly before signalling Tiffany to come with her.

 

Tiffany took off Taeyeon's jacket and return it to the owner, "Aren't you cold as well?"

 

Taeyeon took it with a smile but didn't say anything anyway. There's something which she wants to know even more.

 

"Why are you here?" asked Taeyeon.

 

"That's a weird question to ask. Aren't we old friends at least?" Tiffany secretly smiles at Taeyeon who wasn't looking.

 

They exit the elevator and out from the lobby. Got in the car, putting their seat belts on. Taeyeon leans her head back a little bit as she turn to the side to look at Tiffany.

 

" Where are we heading to?" asked Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany shrugs her shoulders, "Your turn to introduce me to a place you always eat at"

 

"I'll have bring you home then"

 

Awkward silence as Taeyeon just realized what she have just said, "I mean, I usually have my meals at home but yeah, let's go somewhere."

 

Taeyeon drove them to one the Korean restaurant nearby Banpo River, they have a beautiful view and lights from the night river.

 

"So, I brought you to the beach, you bring me to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter