Ch. 6

Take Your Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-VI-

 

“Mmmh,” Jisoo groans when she feels arms tightening around her torso, adjusting to accommodate her not-so-little jetpack as she sleeps. Even in her barely conscious state Jisoo knows that only one person could be this clingy with her. Her Jendeukie.

 

“Do you think…?” Jisoo can hear some hushed whispers, but chooses to ignore it by snuggling deeper into her soft pillow. Her movement remains limited when her best friend pulls her in, her back now practically attached to Jennie’s front.
 

“Yeah, but they told us…” Jisoo can hear Jennie grunting in frustration at the noise being made, pulling the eldest even closer to herself.

 

“You know what…” 

 

“SHUT UP!” Jennie snaps, shocking Jisoo out of her half-conscious state. The eldest nearly falls clean out of the bed until someone suddenly grabs her by the hips to yank her out of the bed completely.

 

“Yaaaah,” Jisoo complains weakly as she’s dragged away from Jennie and lifted by long,  lean arms. When the eldest cracks open her sleepy eyes, she meets the maknae’s mischievous gaze.

 

“We’re filming unnie, get up!” Lisa whispers quite loudly so Jisoo decides to scream louder to cover Lisa’s voice and to entertain the audience who’ll witness Kim Jisoo in her natural habitat: the bed.

 

Jisoo finally comes to, and remembers that their management had decided for Blackpink to star in their own reality show. The suggestion was made by Jennie and Chaeyoung to the management a few comebacks ago, and now here they are. The bed had been so comfy, and they let them sleep for so long that it completely slipped Jisoo’s mind.

 

It seems to have slipped her best friend’s too.

 

Taking a quick look at Jennie from her position now on Lisa’s back, she can see that Jennie looks especially grouchy today despite it being one of the few times they’ve actually gotten a full eight hours (more than, if Jisoo’s being honest) of sleep. Then again, Lisa did just barge in to disturb their sleep.

 

Jisoo doesn’t notice, but Jennie sends daggers towards Lisa as soon as the maknae’s dropped Jisoo to plop down on a chair in the kitchen. As soon as the eldest rights herself on the seat, Rosé happily hands Jisoo a plate of surprisingly not burnt toast with fruits forming a cute smiley face on the bread. Chaeyoung seems proud to show off her mastery at toasting bread while Jennie continues to grumble behind them.

 

After a rather heavy breakfast, the production team tells them that they’re to be split into two groups for today’s activities to maximize the time and places they can visit. It’s almost automatic how Jisoo raises her hand up and calls dibs to partner up with Jennie. 

 

The eldest sees both Rosé and Lisa snicker, making bets with each other before they even begin filming again. Jisoo already knows that their outing will be chaotic. Not that it’s a problem, it’s just Jisoo just doesn’t feel especially energetic today to join in on their antics. Sometimes she feels like the two maknaes go into their own little world, and Jisoo can’t help but feel like a third wheel. But that’s okay, Jisoo knows some really do just click more than others.

 

Luckily she and Jennie are much calmer than the rowdy maknaes.

 

Jisoo takes a glance at her best friend, and wonders why she’s been blooming lately. Her cheeks have been so rosy as well. Not that it's a bad thing. The color just goes so well on her.

 

Jisoo can’t help but stare.

 

 

Here lies the problem: Jennie can't move on.

 

It’s been a few months since her failed confession at the beach. She doesn’t exactly regret not telling Jisoo how she really feels— their little moment on the beach was more than enough— but she can’t help think about how everything would be if she did. Would their friendship end? Would Jisoo pretend to be friends with her on camera, then be cold once their filming ends? Or would they remain the best of friends… or something more? 

 

Jennie doesn’t know. 

 

She’d rather not know, honestly. Lisa and Chaeyoung may have just been a little disappointed (they were very disappointed) at her cowardice, but there’s just too big of a risk now. They’re at the peak of their career, Jennie thinks, she can’t ruin that now. She can’t ruin their dream.

 

Perhaps when everything is over and done with, Jennie might confess to her best friend… If Jisoo doesn’t get herself a partner by then, or something. Her best friend never seemed to care about romance or having a partner to share your life with, but the future could change her point of view.

 

(Jennie suddenly remembers Jisoo telling her that she doesn’t need anyone else when she has her Jendeukie to make her happy, and she wills the thought away before she overthinks those words again.) 

 

“Where are we going, Jendeukie?” Jisoo asks as she grins at the camera as they now sit side by side in the van, pulling Jennie out of her reverie. 

 

Shaking her head, Jennie moves her head off of Jisoo’s shoulder, “What do you mean?”

 

“You chose the location for this one, remember?” Her best friend chuckles, gently ruffling her hair so it doesn’t get too messy in front of the cameras, “Earth to Jennie, are you really awake yet?”

 

“Oh.” 

 

Oh. In the midst of Jennie’s overthinking she overlooked one tiny detail when she told the production team that she liked making things as a hobby. Good thing the staff suggested making bracelets first before she blurted out that she wanted to make rings with Jisoo.

 

“We’re making bracelets,” Jennie says, yawning into her hand to feign sleepiness. 

 

“We’re making another thing I see,” Jisoo hums and quickly cracks a grin, “Lisa and Rosé would have suggested to buy bracelets instead if they came with us,” She chuckles. 

 

“Wouldn’t you suggest that too?” Jennie asks with a raised brow, “You’re bad at making things too,” The younger nudges her best friend jokingly, briefly reminiscing about the phone cases they decorated in the past, and their failed attempts at making slime together. Jennie can see the staff resting in the front seats of the van smile at their banter.

 

“Nah,” Jisoo waves off Jennie’s suggestion, “It’s fun to make things with you, even when I fail,” She says casually, and Jennie’s heart grows even fonder of her best friend.

 

Why is she like this?

 

“But if your bracelet fails, at least you can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter