Ch. 3

Take Your Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-III-

 

When Jennie's family suggests moving to New Zealand so that Jennie can better pursue her studies, Jisoo's all for it. Jennie's hesitant at first, not wanting to stay so far away from her best friend, but Jisoo convinces her it would be for the best since she wants to be a lawyer.

 

With her best friend’s encouragement, Jennie moves away, but not without Jisoo stuffing her jacket pockets with snacks before she boards the plane. Jisoo knows Jennie would be too nervous on the plane ride to eat before leaving, after all.

 

Jennie cries as they say their goodbyes, but Jisoo holds strong for the both of them.

 

Jisoo didn't think she'd miss Jennie this much. Her days are much more empty without her dumpling-cheeked best friend. Calling her from across the world is much too expensive to be doing all the time, even when she does stop buying so much snacks to save money to be able to call Jennie.

 

Eventually, they talk to each other less and less with both of their lives becoming increasingly busier. Jennie always cuts their calls short because she has things to study for, and the time difference becomes increasingly harder for Jisoo to be able to call at a time when they're both free.

 

Jisoo never really knew what she wanted to do when she grew up, so when she gets a few offers and calling cards from agencies about being an idol, she decides to try it. After all she does love to sing, and being the center of attention has never been a problem for Jisoo.

 

 

Four years pass like the blink of an eye, and Jisoo's finally found her dream.

 

She slides down to the floor, dead tired from practicing as the music repeats itself. If someone told her she'd be sacrificing all of her snacks and her beloved sleep to practice dancing, she wouldn't have believed them. But as the date for another evaluation draws near, Jisoo has to push her hardest to get better marks. She's been here for a year, but Jisoo knows she isn't halfway there just yet.

 

She wants to be an idol, after all.

 

Huffing tiredly, Jisoo crawls towards her duffle bag and whips her sticker-bombed phone out.

 

She frowns when she sees that Jennie still hasn't replied to her messages. It's been a few weeks now, and her best friend has never gone this long without at least saying hello.

 

Jisoo tosses her phone back into her bag. Getting up, she turns off the music and is about to leave the practice room when she hears a lot of loud voices outside.

 

"Oh, Jisoo!" One of her fellow trainees calls for her, "Have you heard the news?"

 

"Huh?" Jisoo asks, leaning on the wall beside her. She just wants to go back to her room and take a short nap while she still can.

 

"There's a new trainee!" The other girl says excitedly. Jisoo doesn't get the hype, there’s always new trainees around anyway.

 

"Yeah, but there's always new trainees. What's new?" Jisoo raises a brow, not wanting to extend their conversation for much longer. All she wants to do is go back to her room and sleep.

 

"The new trainee's from New Zealand, and rumor has it that YG-nim loves her already. She might debut early," The trainee gossips as she whips her head back and forth, trying to look for the newbie.

 

Both of Jisoo's brows shoot up. She isn’t registering much but sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter